Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 02:16 AM
Kobold

Default Earth pet's root lands way too much

Not really a bug so I didn't want to post it in the bug forum, but it's just stupid how often the earth pet's root spell lands relative to how often the player casted root spell does. I just got root and can't even really land/keep landing root on a blue con, but a blue con pet can keep me basically chain rooted.

Definitely not like classic. On classic the earth pet's root barely ever landed.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimblerot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really a bug so I didn't want to post it in the bug forum, but it's just stupid how often the earth pet's root spell lands relative to how often the player casted root spell does. I just got root and can't even really land/keep landing root on a blue con, but a blue con pet can keep me basically chain rooted.

Definitely not like classic. On classic the earth pet's root barely ever landed.
QQ
Old 09-29-2011, 02:38 AM
Banned

Rename thread: "Life Isn't Fair"
Old 09-29-2011, 03:02 AM
Kobold

^ mouthbreathing mages
Old 09-29-2011, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimblerot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ mouthbreathing mages
^moar QQ
Old 09-29-2011, 03:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

+1, pretty much my exact experience with it as well. player cast roots almost always fail but mage pet roots will hit nearly every single time and they will stick for much longer than the pet's recast time. one of the mages on the server even expressed the same concerns about it.

I suspect that something was done on the PVE side of things for blue box some time ago to balance mage pets to help their roots stick against mobs that would con much higher to the pets themselves, and that change doesn't work for PVP.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

player casted root gets resisted a shit ton even on lower level people.

earth pet root procs like fucking crazy.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:49 AM
Sarnak

Maybe they gave it the -30 resist modifier it has on Allakhazam. I don't think this was classic. One of the most well-known facts about mages was that earth pet root was mostly useless for PvP. It certainly didn't routinely keep people in a guaranteed perma-root, even at these levels where we have shit resists. Two of us got jumped by a mage yesterday and he kept us both rooted by just sending the pet back and forth between us. Shit's ridiculous.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:29 AM
Banned

the root also last 30seconds but w.e
Old 09-29-2011, 04:38 AM
Fire Giant

Let mages have their hay day. They suck later on. The pet is very CC-able and their cast times are very long. They have no way to heal themselves. When you get some MR, the earth pet will not root you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Closed Thread