Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: When was your first experience with Everquest?
Pre-Kunark (March 1999-April 2000) 4,623 51.27%
Kunark (April 2000-December 2000) 2,280 25.29%
Velious (December 2000-December 2001) 908 10.07%
Luclin or later (December 2001-Present) 683 7.57%
Never played Everquest on live. Project 1999 is your first experience. 523 5.80%
Voters: 9017. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

started at release. all I have are constant memories of trains in BB and MM and OAsis
Old 05-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Large Bat

Default Whole family jumped in

A couple weeks after launch, my whole family jumped in. I remember running into freeport as an Ogre warrior with no knowledge of factions, I never got that body back.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Banned

Like this if you are playing from 2013.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I started right after luclin, its nice to be able to go back and see what eq was like during its first few years, and watch it grow tward the game i fell inlove with back then. That music in kelethin will pull you into the game so deep. you cant see daylight anymore.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Large Rat

I remember making a wood elf warrior on my friends PC who just got EQ just after Velious was out. . . . I remember putting lots of points into charisma. . . . . it sounded reasonable for a noobie trying to make money hahaha....

Most of my time playing that character (only got to level 5) was spent in the tunnel begging for handouts. There were some generous players . . . =)
Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Kobold

I started mid kunark. Made a high elf cleric. Got to about 15 and headed off to the commons for my first trip to EC. The chat spammed by so fast, it seemed. It was a surreal experience. Then next thing i knew, people were just giving me stuff. I was like" this game is great people help each other out". then i met a friend of mine and we discovered I was a female high elf. I never saw the male/female tab. It was a good laugh. Being a female toon got me free stuff.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Large Bat

My older brother got into EQ when I was in 5th grade because of a few of his friends. We shared an account for about a year before he drifted away from the game, and the account effectively became mine.

Some of my best memories from middle school involved playing EQ with my friends, especially when Kunark was released. My dad had just upgraded us from dial-up to cable, and it became something of a new game because of it. I remember the Kunark box came with that cloth map that I held onto for many years and is now probably somewhere crumpled up in my attic, sadly. I also remember getting the official Kunark strategy guide for my birthday. Looking back on it, I'm not sure why anyone would want a watered-down EQ strategy guide...

One of my fondest memories was during Kunark era, I believe, when there was an event in Qeynos Hills that filled the zone with mass amounts of undead, including massive skeletons. We were all like level 9 so we just kind of ran around dying over and over, hoping to get some free stuff from the lvl 60's that began filling the zone. The utter mystery and fear that originally made this game so epic has waned a bit.

My main was a 65 high elf enchanter on Cazic-Thule named Yuroshi.
Last edited by Theta; 08-05-2012 at 02:00 PM..
Old 08-19-2012, 04:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I started playing EQ about 2 months after it went live and got my first account in October of the same year. Veteran all the way.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started mid kunark. Made a high elf cleric. Got to about 15 and headed off to the commons for my first trip to EC. The chat spammed by so fast, it seemed. It was a surreal experience. Then next thing i knew, people were just giving me stuff. I was like" this game is great people help each other out". then i met a friend of mine and we discovered I was a female high elf. I never saw the male/female tab. It was a good laugh. Being a female toon got me free stuff.

pree much my sole reason for rolling female toons.
plus most male avatars SUCK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Banned

Got a mage to lvl 8 on the Tunare server. Found my way into Lavastorm, died to a pair of red con fire elementals while burning down a fire drake.

Decided I wanted a wizard and the fact I couldn't attack other players (hey I was a dark race) was kinda gimp.

From there? I logged into Rallos Zek for what was undoubtedly the most unique and best experience I think I'll ever have in an MMO.
Closed Thread