Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My exact sentiment. I am not familiar with how red works, but everything you speak of concerning blue is how I perceive raiding here.

It's disappointing no doubt, and what I did once I became jaded with the raid scene was create new toons and level them doing things I missed on older toons. Now I do solo and grouping in lower levels, and hope to continue my soloing in higher levels, trying more challenging zones that I never been to.

I personally don't see how the raid scene on blue is fulfilling to the fringe raiders which is probably 90% of the raiders.

The 10% are hardcores that run and organize the raid guilds and as such they are the ones getting the majority of the pixels whether it's their mains or any one of their personal army of alts.

After about 2 months of seeing this process in action I understood raiding on blue wasn't for me. The level of greed astounded me, especially considering the gains are pixels.

I enjoyed reading your experience on red, only because I considered trying that too, but the lack of population has always discouraged me from bothering.

I will just stick to my plan on blue, leveling and grouping for fun, with the goal of soloing high level zones one day.
It's still possible to enjoy SOME raiding on blue as a casual. I just watch guild chat and show up for some of the smaller/quicker raid targets. I absolutely refuse to go for any mobs that require poopsocking. I remember in particular one time several guilds all stacking up at KC while Venril Sathir was in window, all of them congregating there just for a CHANCE at possibly killing him sometime in the next several hours. I avoid those situations like the plague but have still been able to enjoy some more casual raiding.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's still possible to enjoy SOME raiding on blue as a casual. I just watch guild chat and show up for some of the smaller/quicker raid targets. I absolutely refuse to go for any mobs that require poopsocking. I remember in particular one time several guilds all stacking up at KC while Venril Sathir was in window, all of them congregating there just for a CHANCE at possibly killing him sometime in the next several hours. I avoid those situations like the plague but have still been able to enjoy some more casual raiding.
yea exactly, there are people who want to experience all of the content (not just some of it) but aren't willing to stoop to poopsock levels that others are. for them, i say consider phinigel.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats quite a sanitized description. Here is a more accurate representation:

1. Roll a char, solo to teens because nobody plays red
2. Enter a common exp zone, hoping to find another soul, and finally get a duo.
3. Your duo is griefed by a char who had four years to gather equipment. If you are lucky he kills you, if unlucky you are rooted so a mob kills you
4. Either get your corpse camped, or skip this step and go to #5
5. Declare LNS in ooc, get mocked.

1. Follow the blue XP path, there's usually people on....particularly around Faydwer/Kunark.

2. See 1.

3. Doesn't happen these days, haven't had that happen to me in ages - are you advertising your location in ooc?

4. Corpse camping isn't legal if you LNS. Put a petition in if they're ignoring it.

5. Who cares? The only people who should give a shit about calling LNS are people who are level 60, good pvpers, and actually have a rep to lose. Nobody expects undergeared characters or new players to be instantly good. Not sure where this concern comes from.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

Is it some fear of the loss of control on red? That for every action on blue you can just petition according to a huge set of rules and Uncle Braknar will appear to save you?

Red will make you better at EQ, no doubt about it <3
Old 02-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Red isn't for whiners and complainers. I think that's one of the reasons people can't handle it. Thankfully there'e comfort in an endless set of rules on blue that keep you nice and safe.

Oh, and people advocating for more rules and more rules on those rules as weeks/months go by.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is better about competition on Blue than competition on Red that makes you want to compete on Blue and not on Red?
Competition isn't a problem on blu, it encourages people to get shit done.

Plus no one wants to start over. I dont feel like doing my epic all over, let alone getting PKd trying to get it done.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Banned

Not to mention those people who hang at certain levels to avoid lvl 60 pvp to farm newbs leveling. But if you're smart and bond /who to a movement so you don't get jumped red is ok.

One thing no one mentioned is you can box it while you're camping something on blue.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

So, what I am seeing is that Blue "competitive" raiders don't find Red raiding attractive, because there's a few people there who actively work to make the game intolerable. Interesting.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, what I am seeing is that Blue "competitive" raiders don't find Red raiding attractive, because there's a few people there who actively work to make the game intolerable. Interesting.
The bottom line is if you go to play on a pvp server, expect pvp. That includes pvp when raiding...so most raid nights you're not just playing a loot pinata game, you're keeping your eye on anyone zoning in, scouting, etc.

Nilbog or Rogean recorded a really good mass pvp fight in Dreadlands a couple of years back when the pop was higher, I'll see if I can find it on youtube.

Enabling pvp in blue raid zones would really help A/A to sort out their differences in a hurry if both hate pvp equally. Think about it ^^
Old 02-10-2017, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

I'll preface this with - different strokes for different folks...

Blue - you end up doing the same thing over and over again.

Level up a character to 55+
Dabble in the raid scene
Find out it's insane to put in that kind of time/work
re-roll a new character to level up...

*Personally this was not for me, sure the first time through when red wasn't around it was fun - but doing it over and over again... Not for me.

Red - Long hard road, but very rewarding in the end.
Level up to 55+ (not easy and definitely can be lonely along the way)
Get to casually raid (if that's your thing) from 1-4 days per week 5:30 - 10:30 (depending on time zone).
See 98% of the raid content that's out and get geared relatively fast.
Be in a casual guild - pvp, get your epic, snag a few smaller targets.

Either retire from EQ or continue casual play in whatever fashion you deem fit.

* Personally I love the pvp aspect, and along the way I got to see a lot of the things that I didn't in 1999-2002. VP, TOV, Sleepers and I also got to see every raid encounter in the game except Tunare (but let's be realistic - no sane person wants to clear POG).

If you want to play the game with out any limitations I would play red, if your just looking to level up and chat in groups over and over go blue (This is from a Casual players mindset).
Closed Thread