Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

theres no variance on red and you get to kill your competition. Forum drama is composed of who is more lucky than exploit and not so much about they blurred my dragon QQQQQQQQQQQ.

Dont miss the boat, apparently timeline is totally classic -- probably the last time it will ever be done that way in your life!

I also heard velious will get released on time on red!

didnt read OP/thread btw, seen it 100x before.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Fire Giant

1. Remove Variance
2. Make all raidmobs spawn simultaneously
3. Put them all on one Variance (so no timezone is preferred)
4. Serverwide announcement when the raidmobs respawn (not necessarily needed, but would remove the need of trackers)
5. profit ?
Old 01-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
theres no variance on red and you get to kill your competition. Forum drama is composed of who is more lucky than exploit and not so much about they blurred my dragon QQQQQQQQQQQ.

Dont miss the boat, apparently timeline is totally classic -- probably the last time it will ever be done that way in your life!

I also heard velious will get released on time on red!

didnt read OP/thread btw, seen it 100x before.
the problem with red, is all the damn reds.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the problem with red, is all the damn reds.
**chuckles** and yet, what I get from all 6 pages of this is. "the problem with blue, is all the damn blues!" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

their guild got d-d-d-d-d-deleted and their playing star wars now.

if you're talking about those `reds`.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:21 AM
Banned

nizzarr - coined so many times on red99 you'd have thought his druid was an NPC

even you blues can appreciate that humor
Old 01-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

confirmed died less than 10 times both pve and pvp.

Cast aka illi, ran off the server after Lovely and I ousted him(with many pve death) of all his exp spot for a week.

confirmed mad and trolling every post I make.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
confirmed died less than 10 times both pve and pvp
Wheelchairs gon' wheelchair

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's nothing meritocratic about the raid scene as it is. It doesn't take any extra skill or preparation, just the ability to camp your character in a certain spot. The way the kills are spread out actually makes it easier for big guilds to monopolize content. I have few a similar stories about VS. A while ago when I played more on this server I was tracking VS for div. No one asked me to, I just decided it might be a good idea since we'd killed VS the week before and we knew when his window started. When I got to KC, about 30 people from a certain "big guild" were all in the zone near VS's room. I probably stayed in the zone for over 8 hours straight and their numbers never dipped below 30. I went to sleep, logged back in after waking up and they were STILL there. Are you going to tell me that takes more skill?

The variance was put in so that GM's would have to deal with FTE disputes less, but actually now that the spawns don't happen all at once, you get more FTE disputes every week. If Bosses #1, 2, and 3 spawn on monday, tuesday, and wednesday, respectively, then you have a maximum of three FTE claims that need to be sorted out. But if they all spawn at once, not every boss can have this problem. This is proven correct by the fact that when server repops (rarely) happen, you see a lot less FTE disputes happening (you also (used to?) see smaller guilds getting more targets. What a shock. Maybe they aren't such "newbs" after all). Now stretch this to over ten raid mobs (naggy, vox, CT, inny, the djinn's in sky, VS, talendor, gore, sev, trak, faydedar, master yael, etc.) all happening within a small time period, and see how often you're going to have guilds disputing FTE claims.

I'm not sure the variance should be removed entirely, but it should definitely be reduced. Pretty much everyone wants it reduced at least a bit. Having to wait 96 hours for the CHANCE at a raid boss is completely unreasonable. It's also not classic.
this sounds absolutely terrible. how in the fuck you guys play on the blue server is beyond me. poopsocking and 300 people handholding killing one raid mob is so stupid, and you guys do it for every fucking encounter lmao. what an awful concept. BURN IT DOWN
Old 01-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Simulated patch days with full pop on a weekly basis removes 80% of this servers drama and is classic.

Edit - Maintenance = patch day =D

Indeed it does.
Closed Thread