Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:00 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We should throw the P99 Code in this server.. That'd be some stable shit.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-13-2010, 10:00 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And Database... o.O

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-13-2010, 10:26 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And Database... o.O
I completely agree.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 10-13-2010, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

YES. Please
Old 10-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Quote:
And Database... o.O

Don't tease me, bro!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

It'd make for some nice testing grounds...
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 10-15-2010, 02:37 AM
Kobold

What's the future of this server looking like? Any plans?
Old 10-15-2010, 03:50 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaeger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the future of this server looking like? Any plans?
The past looked like this:

Holocaust logs in and uses MQ to see where people are, and proceed to /zone and /warp to them. They grief lowbies until they quit the server.

The present looks like this:

Holocaust kills Boyz thanks to Rage of Zomm being extremely overpowered and continue to spam ooc with how they "won the server" and that anyone they have killed should feel bad, because they were slain by faggots that love sucking cock (Cast's words, not mine).

Cast, Lethdar, Solid, Giovanni (if you are reading this) - I knew some of you on VZTZ. I know many of the people that have played with you for long periods of time. You are good pvpers; You are hackers/exploiters. Its not hard to be good at a ten (eleven?) year old game. I am openly asking for your vent info again if you want to trash talk me with real words instead of text. Skype will suffice too, if you're not too embarrassed to show your faces.

Holocaust still has yet to kill Magic on any of his characters.

The future looks like this:

Holocaust will continue logging in and warping to people and killing them until Secrets opens his eyes and bans them. Population will dwindle around 10-20 at peak hours until people get tired of starting over because of 60s that do nothing but grief.

The changes that need to be made:

1a. Players do not reset to level 1 when dying to pve (until pve is fixed, or p99 code is implemented)
1b. Players lose 5 levels per death due to pve
2a. Can not pvp unless you are within range of their level (10 levels above/below)
2b. Can pvp anyone at any level, but will not lose levels unless you are within 10 levels of them
2c. Can pvp at any level but you only lose your gear (I personally vote for this one, as re-leveling constantly significantly reduces the amount of active pvp on the server)
3. Tradeskills do NOT reset under ANY circumstances (why is there no character permanence feeling in any way, shape, or form here? this isn't diablo2)

This is the first time I've played EQ in months and am actually having fun. I enjoy it here, but the current rule set is not very inviting to new players.
Last edited by magic; 10-15-2010 at 03:52 AM..
Old 10-15-2010, 04:51 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The changes that need to be made:

1a. Players do not reset to level 1 when dying to pve (until pve is fixed, or p99 code is implemented)
1b. Players lose 5 levels per death due to pve
2a. Can not pvp unless you are within range of their level (10 levels above/below)
2b. Can pvp anyone at any level, but will not lose levels unless you are within 10 levels of them
2c. Can pvp at any level but you only lose your gear (I personally vote for this one, as re-leveling constantly significantly reduces the amount of active pvp on the server)
3. Tradeskills do NOT reset under ANY circumstances (why is there no character permanence feeling in any way, shape, or form here? this isn't diablo2)

This is the first time I've played EQ in months and am actually having fun. I enjoy it here, but the current rule set is not very inviting to new players.
Perhaps the PVE penalty could remain severe, but cleric resurrection could function to restore all or a portion of a the lost levels.

The rest of the impermanence seems crucial to what the server is about. A lower level cap might help reduce the trivialization that comes with being in the mid-levels.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:18 AM
VIP / Contributor

All I know is half the issue was the database, half the issue was MQ2 accusations.

Everything else could have worked.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Closed Thread