Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Banned

Exclamation PermaDeath PVP Server is back! New changes, new rules.

Changes

1. PVP Level Range - You may now only attack players 10 levels above/below you. No more grief for newbies.
2. PVE Deaths will now cause you to lose 5 levels.
3. PVP Death will still send you back to level 1.
4. Instant-gate potions removed.
5. Firepots in Timorous Deep are no longer working.
6. Removed "/who all <zone>" command.

Upcoming Changes

1. Removal of blind.
2. Possible implementation of teleporters.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all like these changes. More newbie friendly, while still edgy and extremely pvp oriented. The more players we get here, the more Secrets will continue to work. Enjoy! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by magic; 10-15-2010 at 10:22 AM..
Old 10-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Banned

Updates (As of Oct 15 @ 10:17 PM EST)

1. Teleporter added to Qeynos docks
2. Every class now has a base crit chance of 3% (Careful, so do mobs)
3. Blind Removed
Last edited by magic; 10-15-2010 at 10:18 PM..
Old 10-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

*sigh* now I may have to start playing this again. Although I don't know if I am competitive on this server if I don't use MQ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

These are welcome changes by the majority of the server I imagine, and I hope we'll see more REAL players on the server as opposed to the wannabes in "holocaust". The reason they've been killing every level under is so there would be no real opposition...it's so transparent it's not even funny.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 10-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Okay, seriously. Holocaust can be immature douches and all but they are very clearly just better players than most on the server. True they gank lowbies but they also kill people their level and have yet to die even once in pvp. Even if they do hack (which I've seen no proof of), "Boyz in tha hood" clearly does too, and so the reason why Holocaust kicks the shit out of Boyz every time isn't solely because of "hax".

So many times I've seen people assert that they could not have been found by a holocaust member without hacks. Then promptly the holocaust member in question will explain how they did it. Rather than learning from the methods that they've been graciously taught by the holocaust members (methods that should be fucking obvious, like using corpse locate spells to track people), these people just ragequit and keep recapitulating their nonsense about how holocaust can't win a fair fight and just use hacks etc. I mean even Secrets accused them of using mq2 to /who all every zone, when anyone should be able to figure out that it's easily doable with hotkeys.

I don't think the server will be around for too long. I like the challenge but clearly most people here are still of the "WoW" mentality and want everything to be easy for them. Also there are horrible balance issues which Secrets hasn't even shown willingness to address (melee being generally terrible, casters having upgraded versions of their spells that do too much damage, resist rates, etc.) I can also understand why Secrets gets so stressed over the server despite the problems I have with him as the dev, and while I appreciate that he stepped up to the plate and gave people a server that (for a time) was widely enjoyed, I think it would be better for him if he just let it go.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

Holocaust obviously know their shit about eq pvp, but wow what an obnoxious bunch of faggots they are as well. Thanks for your shitty post defending them and attacking Secrets, Lazortag.

Personally I'll probably give this server a try again when the new rules are fleshed out a bit, but the fact that mq2/seq can't really be stopped on eqemu makes me doubt the longevity of it anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks for putting up an awesome server though Secrets, I had good fun on it for a few days [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Why would blind be removed?
Old 10-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, seriously. Holocaust can be immature douches and all but they are very clearly just better players than most on the server. True they gank lowbies but they also kill people their level and have yet to die even once in pvp. Even if they do hack (which I've seen no proof of), "Boyz in tha hood" clearly does too, and so the reason why Holocaust kicks the shit out of Boyz every time isn't solely because of "hax".

So many times I've seen people assert that they could not have been found by a holocaust member without hacks. Then promptly the holocaust member in question will explain how they did it. Rather than learning from the methods that they've been graciously taught by the holocaust members (methods that should be fucking obvious, like using corpse locate spells to track people), these people just ragequit and keep recapitulating their nonsense about how holocaust can't win a fair fight and just use hacks etc. I mean even Secrets accused them of using mq2 to /who all every zone, when anyone should be able to figure out that it's easily doable with hotkeys.

I don't think the server will be around for too long. I like the challenge but clearly most people here are still of the "WoW" mentality and want everything to be easy for them. Also there are horrible balance issues which Secrets hasn't even shown willingness to address (melee being generally terrible, casters having upgraded versions of their spells that do too much damage, resist rates, etc.) I can also understand why Secrets gets so stressed over the server despite the problems I have with him as the dev, and while I appreciate that he stepped up to the plate and gave people a server that (for a time) was widely enjoyed, I think it would be better for him if he just let it go.
Considering secrets has access to the logs, I'd imagine he wouldn't throw out an accusation without having something proving beyond a doubt. Massive /who all's and regular intervals? What do you call that? PvP skills?
Old 10-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zithax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considering secrets has access to the logs, I'd imagine he wouldn't throw out an accusation without having something proving beyond a doubt. Massive /who all's and regular intervals? What do you call that? PvP skills?
It takes literally about 5 seconds to do that many /who alls with hotkeys. If they were doing it at perfectly regular intervals with some sort of hack, then that's an extremely weak hack considering how easy it is to do it without hacks.

Quote:
Holocaust obviously know their shit about eq pvp, but wow what an obnoxious bunch of faggots they are as well. Thanks for your shitty post defending them and attacking Secrets, Lazortag.
I guess it was uncalled for when I said that Secrets was unwilling to fix other balance issues because I really don't know that nor do I have any reason to believe it. But it was completely ridiculous when he asserted that they had to use hacks to /who all every zone. He later took it back which means it actually had no basis whatsoever from the beginning.

I don't see how my post is "shitty" considering you didn't respond to 75% of the things I said. I think you're just bad at eq.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Fire Giant

Can you still play on other servers after you have made the file overrides and other changes in the Project1999 setup guide?

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Closed Thread