Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldupmonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Die. Please Die..... douche

Edit after just tanking a group and doing decent since all of the other classes wont group, I prove my point for rangers. Douche
Almost any group, including yours when you aren't crusading for rangers will take an iksar monk with their 44% penalty over a ranger with their 40% penalty any day. I don't hate rangers, I am just making the point that the exp penalty is really not the issue.

When you find a group that wants the ranger over the monk screenshot it plz
Old 07-12-2014, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

The issue is that people generally don't know shit about rangers and just believe what the cool kids say.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Nah, the issue is who the fuck is grouping between 20 and 60. PL + Chardok :P
Old 07-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Problem is ranger is a class, not a player. While I have nothing against the class, even played ranger the first six years of live, I do have problems with players that cant play the class properly in a group, which from my cleric character perspective (the other I usually play) is typically many ranger players.

It's a very difficult class to play in proper groups. Small out-door roaming groups they are great, but go to KC or some such place, it can be a different play style and not all players adapt well to that. Then you wind up with a ninja looting heal sucking know-it-all wannabe tank player slowing everyone up while casters have no one protecting their casts because the ranger is trying too hard to out-aggro tanks and not paying attention to the situation.

Rangers starting groups don't solve the problem either, at least not for indoor groups, just means a group not to join because then you know the ranger has a poor rep and cant get a group unless they try to start one. Good group rangers, yeah they have quite a value, but unfortunately that's just not the norm. I don't play a ranger here apart from a gfay bound ranger (for low-lvl fun), but on live I never had problems getting into any groups based on rep. A good ranger learns how to protect the space between the tank and the casters, and will build your rep to get asked to join groups.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, the issue is who the fuck is grouping between 20 and 60. PL + Chardok :P
Not all of us can afford Chardok AE group spots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

I would take a ranger who knows how to dps without taking damage over a rogue who crowds rooted mobs and backstabs before the tank can get aggro any day of the week.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not all of us can afford Chardok AE group spots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So just borrow a 60 enc / clr / factioned puller / wiz?
Old 07-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

If you silly Bastards are worried about who is in your F'ing group well don't F'ing group. What in the hell do you have else to do?? Christ this IS a damn game. There are real people on the other end of these toons. If you need to min max that much just go the hell away. God damn, the more I play on here the more I think half the people on here are just total dick heads. Get over it. Play nice and have fun, not be some total ass hole. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Who gives a rats ass what class you are and what gear you have. It doesn't matter. Try to be the best player in your class and help others out. Play the god damn game to play the game.
Last edited by webrunner5; 07-12-2014 at 10:04 PM..
Old 07-12-2014, 10:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you silly Bastards are worried about who is in your F'ing group well don't F'ing group. What in the hell do you have else to do?? Christ this IS a damn game. There are real people on the other end of these toons. If you need to min max that much just go the hell away. God damn, the more I play on here the more I think half the people on here are just total dick heads. Get over it. Play nice and have fun, not be some total ass hole. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Who gives a rats ass what class you are and what gear you have. It doesn't matter. Try to be the best player in your class and help others out. Play the god damn game to play the game.
There's a really great writeup on the wiki about how if you want to offset the exp penalty from people in your group, you should try killing more mobs

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would take a ranger who knows how to dps without taking damage over a rogue who crowds rooted mobs and backstabs before the tank can get aggro any day of the week.
Of course, but what if you had 1 spot and to chose between equally skilled ranger or rogue?