Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Large Rat

Default Freezing up

Have not had a problem until out of the blue today. I freeze as soon as I engage in melee battle. This happened when attacked by skelly in EF and 2 times in Permafrost.

Windows XP
dual Core Athlon
NVidia Gforce 9500

Caldor Ranger 22
Old 10-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Kobold

have you tried the duelcore issue?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3609
Old 10-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Large Rat

I just went and tried that, but I do not have the start window apparently on XP. I did try running in windows 98 mode too and no help there either. I would say I have used this computer for past couple of weeks with no trouble. Then all of a sudden yesterday it happened and has been a hard fault...pretty much instant duplication every time I go to play(which is probably a good thing) this way I will know when I get it fixed heh. I have been considering upgrading to windows 7 on this system..I have no problems on my windows 7 laptop with dual core at all.

Caldor
Old 10-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Kobold

Done any recent upgrades or loaded any TSR's, changed resolution or video drivers, that could be causing the issue? Has ANYTHING changed on your computer from two weeks ago til now? If so, I'd look at that first.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Large Rat

Ok this is going to sound crazy..but this problem is only with the Ranger. I log into warrior..same zone same scenario. Is there a chance there is something with the Ranger animation graphic? Something I am wearing or using? I am going to get naked and see what happens in EF...but keep you updated
Old 10-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Large Rat

Ok naked no change..still freezes up. Ranger only. Warrior is fine in the exact same zone fighting the exact type of Mob. Any ideas?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Large Bat

The only time I ever freeze up is while zoning. I am not sure what is causing it but it does not happen often enough for me to troubleshoot. It probably happens 1/50 zone changes. Sometimes if I wait it will eventually drop me back to the login screen saying I was disconnected, but never returns back to the game if it takes more than 1 minute to zone.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:36 AM
Large Rat

Ok good news. I have fixed the problem. Passing on info in case anyone else has this happen.

I had made and extra chat window to put all the crap I don't want to see message wise. I know of no other way to get rid all of the other peoples hits and misses etc. Anyway, this chat box must have been overloaded or something with data and would free up game. This is why the only character I played with the chat window locked up. I got rid of the box and bingo..no more lock ups. Anyone ever have that happen before?

Caldor
Old 10-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbower2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok good news. I have fixed the problem. Passing on info in case anyone else has this happen.

I had made and extra chat window to put all the crap I don't want to see message wise. I know of no other way to get rid all of the other peoples hits and misses etc. Anyway, this chat box must have been overloaded or something with data and would free up game. This is why the only character I played with the chat window locked up. I got rid of the box and bingo..no more lock ups. Anyone ever have that happen before?

Caldor
You can turn off others hits/misses and all sorts of other chat messages (Pet misses is a big one for me) via the filter tab on the options menu (alt+o).