Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The queen spawns every 2 hours. What is the big deal here.

Because when creating something, we start with its classic implementation, and work from there.

Not everyone will have their epic. I hope everyone realizes this.

For those reading, who didn't play classic EQ, some epics were all about cockblocking. Some of them can be completed easily compared to others. i.e. Rogue, shaman, enchanter, and even paladin.

If you're wanting a clicky res stick for a cleric, well, that's gonna hurt.
Yes but what if classic implementation wasnt the intended design of what they had in mind? I figure youd want to fall the path of least resistance and actually patch things in with the way they intended for Classic to be. Thats all I am getting at here.

If we are going to go with your cockblocking theory do normal server rules still apply or can we get a exception to the rules related to spawns on the server. I.E. Training, KSing, Grieving other guilds. (this wouldnt be to far from the truth as it is now.)
I get not everyone will get their epics. No issues with that. This should be a challenge. No issue there. But we need also keep in mind that there will be alot of drama over it all as for example being KSed on Mage Epic mob in COM last night.

HONEY IM HOME!!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd guess the issue is that queen is pseudo challenging due to the AOE. But if you're already down there for cleric scrolls it shouldn't be too bad.
Nope we can literally 2 group the Queen probably less. Issue is tying up the classes on spawns for days and days for 1 piece of the epic. I think there should be a certain choke point for all epics but multiple chokes is obscene =-)

HONEY IM HOME!!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Multiple choke points is classic...

I enjoyed your argument the first time I read it about hybrid xp penalties, or dot stacking, or root over-writing snare or the million other classic things people love to whine about. Doing classic "the way it should have been" isn't the goal here, it's simply to recreate classic EQ with all its glorious mistakes and oversights included.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Banned

You have been slain by Rusl, Defender of Classic.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have been slain by Rusl, Defender of Classic.
Nah he more confirmed what the vision is here which is what I was after.

HONEY IM HOME!!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Sarnak

Confirmed dropping.
Test Server : Tanulie
Old 01-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Kobold

Good to know. Now that hand from Maestro is a whole other story.. so many rare drop roadblocks in this ordeal.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Sarnak

Yeah for sure.

HONEY IM HOME!!!!
Last edited by Gmal; 01-06-2012 at 09:48 PM..
Old 01-28-2012, 03:59 AM
Sarnak

Anyone else seem to have any evidence that the only major bottleneck in this epic was the green scales? I know from live maestro and queen had much better drop rates that what we've seen so far. Trying to dig up some resources but it's sort of hard to provide empirical evidence outside of "well I remember queen dropping blade or maestro dropping blade at least 2 of 3 kills" even though that's mostly what we all experienced...

Here's to major bottlenecks!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Kobold

We have killed queen 15-20 times now and have never seen the ancient blade, obviously it drops but a run like this should be very statistically improbable for an item that should have a 20-25% drop rate. Magelo lists it at 85% but this was buffed much further down the line.

What is the droprate set at currently on p99? The fact that we have seen multiple insignia protectors and vibrating gauntlets of infuse with no blade is awesome but not how it should be.