Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

might start a ranger den
Old 03-22-2017, 08:14 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darguth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone have any experience trying to fear kite bats/bugs in SolB and any tactics they might suggest in doing so?
gotta make sure to land a snare and it helps to clear the bathing beetle, buys you more room. maybe carry a tash stick, the bats are a little resistant in the early 50s
Old 03-22-2017, 09:17 PM
Kobold

Looking for upgrade suggestions on legs/vambs.. I have mithril legs and vambs at the time.. looking to possibly upgrade to peerless dragonleg breeches and peerless dragonspines vambs. i think my other slots are fine. i would gain a lot of ac and some sta but lose a little str. do you think theyre worth it over mithril?
Old 03-25-2017, 03:49 AM
Planar Protector

Crystal chitin arms are pretty nice too. Seen quite a few of them drop in velks, but I am crazy enough to make the habit of XPing there. I don't think the legs in that set are quite as good though.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

I love that this thread is basically 18 pages of people disagreeing with Amaris and him replying, "I'm right, I'm not going to present any evidence though!"

is this izmael's other account?
Old 03-26-2017, 05:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love that this thread is basically 18 pages of people disagreeing with Amaris and him replying, "I'm right, I'm not going to present any evidence though!"

is this izmael's other account?
*sigh*. FFS people, seriously, do I need to justify my identity now?
For the record, it's Aaramis. Scroll up, man. It's not that hard to spell. It's not even unique. It's one of the 3 musketeers, with an extra "a" in there. I'm sure 18 years ago it seemed positively witty and unique, but now just strikes me as boring and unoriginal. But it is what it is, and it's the name people associate me with, so I've stuck with it throughout the years. I have no idea who this Izmael guy is, but it shouldn't be too hard to do some background checking on me if you're so inclined. I played a Human Ranger since day 1 of Lanys through PoP, and played as Aaramis or Aara in dozens of other MMOs through the years.

Secondly, it was 3 or 4 disagreeing posts over the course of what, 2 pages? Hardly 18 pages of people disagreeing with me. No need for the dramatics.

I haven't presented any "evidence" as you call it, because I don't see the point. I don't see the point in going tit for tat on whether 2h beats out dual-wield, ruffling even more feathers, and eventually getting a perfectly good thread on Ranger soloing locked and/or deleted.

As I said previously, I'm not posting data, whether it's parsed logs, or math formulae or algorithms, or whatever, because I can't be arsed. We're splitting hairs here, and the reality is "who cares?". Do we really care if one weapon type kills 2 seconds faster than another? Is it worth it to come to forums and fight about it? The truth is that as long as we grab the best ratio weapons we can get our hands on, we're going to be fine. We're Rangers, after all. We can root, snare, harmony, fear, heal, DoT, nuke, etc. A second or 2 killspeed difference isn't going to make or break us.

Besides, I argued that I *feel* as though dual-wield has always been more reliable for me. Your mileage may vary. And I'm not even sure how to quantify a feeling anyways. I'm simply going on my 18 years of playing a Ranger on and off, from casual to hardcore raiding, that dual-wield has always performed well for me, and has been the most reliable. 2H may indeed be slightly better - it is at least on paper. But my gut feeling in game, when offhand procs are accounted for, Call of Fire procs, and everything else, that I end up coming down to the wire and/or dying much less with dual-wield than I do with 2H. Again, your mileage may vary.
But to each their own. This is hardly worth the dramatics.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:23 AM
Planar Protector

sorry I hurt your feelings, morris.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Aviak

Level 46 ranger with a fungi and both epics. Solo level guide anyone?
Old 05-12-2017, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

How hard is ranger epic to get if you dont have a raid guild behind you?
Old 05-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How hard is ranger epic to get if you dont have a raid guild behind you?
Fairly sure you can 1 group just about anything in the ranger epic now
Closed Thread