Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 02:34 PM
Aviak

Default Learning to Pull as a Monk

Hello,

I'm getting to the point where I'm experiencing dungeons that I never visited on live or P99 and have no idea of their layout. As a Monk, I'm going to be expected to pull but I want to try to avoid learning on the job or asking someone else to pull since that won't go over well.

I look at the maps on the Wiki but those can be pretty difficult to comprehend if there are multiple levels. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to try to learn a dungeon layout and camps before hand? I can head to Seb in a few levels which is what brought me to this post. Finally, what do I want for resists/gear to be able to pull without getting nuked to death. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-23-2017, 02:37 PM
Kobold

Just gotta do it to learn. Don't be afraid to tell the group you are new at pulling and are also learning the zone. Most people are pretty understanding and will usually offer advice. If not, find a new group.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Stack MR And HP gear for pulling. You can go create the free lvl 85 on live And go learn the zones on beefy op characters to avoid death. Honestly though just doing it is the best way to learn. Most ppl are cool and understanding if you just explain to them that you're new to pulling the zone.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 03-23-2017, 04:29 PM
Banned

Basically trial by fire is the only way. If you have a good group it wont really matter, just remember where you started and slowly branch outward until you learn the camp. Even looking at maps wont help you, you gotta see it. Any particular camp you need help with?
Old 03-23-2017, 04:31 PM
Kobold

Step #1 is to not take any advice whatsoever from Tekilya. Dude has never pulled a mob, not even once. He might have some dps Monk tips though I dunno.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

Maybe you like to visit my Youtube channel (Searching for Kelzaraz on youtube you will find it), lot of videos related to monk playing, most from raid scene, but some random things too.

You can ask me in game if feels like that too.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzy12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

I'm getting to the point where I'm experiencing dungeons that I never visited on live or P99 and have no idea of their layout. As a Monk, I'm going to be expected to pull but I want to try to avoid learning on the job or asking someone else to pull since that won't go over well.

I look at the maps on the Wiki but those can be pretty difficult to comprehend if there are multiple levels. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to try to learn a dungeon layout and camps before hand? I can head to Seb in a few levels which is what brought me to this post. Finally, what do I want for resists/gear to be able to pull without getting nuked to death. Thanks in advance!
Let the group know you're new and get your feet wet and dont forget to assess your group comps a small train could be a perfect sized pull depending on your comp/skill level just learning to think on your feet and learning the zones by heart is going to be your best bet here
Old 03-23-2017, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzy12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone have any tips on the best way to try to learn a dungeon layout and camps before hand?
Isn't there some way to load the zones without a server (and thus without mobs), possibly using the tools here: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?EQEmu_Tool_Cheat_Sheet or elsewhere?

I thought I saw a video of that once, but I guess it might have just been someone's private server with mobs removed.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't there some way to load the zones without a server (and thus without mobs), possibly using the tools here: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?EQEmu_Tool_Cheat_Sheet or elsewhere?

I thought I saw a video of that once, but I guess it might have just been someone's private server with mobs removed.

EQ Zone viewer.

No mobs, just lets you walk or fly around any zone you want. Sort of clunky but it gets the job done.

As far as pulling goes, you're going to have to bite the bullet and pull. Just tell your groups you're unfamiliar and it'll be fine. Only way to learn is to make mistakes.
Last edited by Crawdad; 03-23-2017 at 06:33 PM..
Old 03-23-2017, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread