Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 12:44 AM
Sarnak

If you look at my OP - you would see that I admitted that the quotes were from 2006+ and onward. You would also see that I asked for help clarifying as I wasn't entirely positive that it should or shouldn't be random. If you would have calmly read through it all instead of rallying a team of server has-beens into a shitpost frenzy, you would have caught that. I wasn't trying to be deceitful in my delivery, but I understand why you would be bitter and try to troll and derail a legit bug thread.

All things considered, and all shitposts aside - I am willing to concede that the random dispell COULD be the Fading Memories. I know for a fact Fading Memories is a random because it is the Monk Anguish BP click on live, and the Ranger Nature Harmony line is similar. That being said, the evidence just isn't as cut and dry - because like I said Abolish has it's own unique spell ID and parameters as evidenced by posts in 2001 claiming beneficial only, yet the SPDAT didn't technically WRITE OUT "Beneficial Only" until 2012. Not to mention they changed it from Fading Memories on live, yet it still strips random buffs. We may never know unless we have some serious backend info to analyze - which we probably never will.

At any rate - it has always been 250 range, and always beneficial only. There is certainly enough evidence for that right now. So as a start, we need to get this range bumped from around 210 to 250.

Thanks for the input, pals!
Old 11-18-2015, 12:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongshow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you look at my OP - you would see that I admitted that the quotes were from 2006+ and onward. You would also see that I asked for help clarifying as I wasn't entirely positive that it should or shouldn't be random. If you would have calmly read through it all instead of rallying a team of server has-beens into a shitpost frenzy, you would have caught that. I wasn't trying to be deceitful in my delivery, but I understand why you would be bitter and try to troll and derail a legit bug thread.

All things considered, and all shitposts aside - I am willing to concede that the random dispell COULD be the Fading Memories. I know for a fact Fading Memories is a random because it is the Monk Anguish BP click on live, and the Ranger Nature Harmony line is similar. That being said, the evidence just isn't as cut and dry - because like I said Abolish has it's own unique spell ID and parameters as evidenced by posts in 2001 claiming beneficial only, yet the SPDAT didn't technically WRITE OUT "Beneficial Only" until 2012. Not to mention they changed it from Fading Memories on live, yet it still strips random buffs. We may never know unless we have some serious backend info to analyze - which we probably never will.

At any rate - it has always been 250 range, and always beneficial only. There is certainly enough evidence for that right now. So as a start, we need to get this range bumped from around 210 to 250.

Thanks for the input, pals!
As a start, we should fix it so it is not dispelling beneficials only.
Thank you Gongshow for bringing this to our attention, it would have taken awhile to spot that bug otherwise.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I accept your surrender Gongshow, Wise choice.
Lets get this man his 40 added range on his new useless item!
Old 11-18-2015, 12:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a start, we should fix it so it is not dispelling beneficials only.
Thank you Gongshow for bringing this to our attention, it would have taken awhile to spot that bug otherwise.
November 2001 post on Allakhazam:

Quote:
Not sure what you guys saying - but as far as I know, the effect on this staff is an unlimited right clickable and targetable dispell. And even better, it's my understanding it only dispells "positive" buffs, so you can use it on mobs after other buffs have already been cast, like Malo and Occlusion.

-- Zwoop
the first step is halfway there; it should also be instant cast until november 2001 in the timeline
Old 11-18-2015, 12:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
November 2001 post on Allakhazam:

the first step is halfway there; it should also be instant cast until november 2001 in the timeline
One forum post is not evidence. The previously posted patch notes are evidence.
Thanks for your input.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Rag's obvious trolling posts make it clear <Friends> is rallying to this thread for a forumquest victory.

If you don't have legit prof or anything substantial to add to the discussion of how this item should function then you need banned from the forums for trolling bug threads.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Yep. From the collective research, everything about it is correct right now based on data. 3 Slots. Bene only. We just need the +40 range to be all set on this amazing item. I really do appreciate the hard work the Dev's put in to keep this server as accurate to Live as possible.

As far as the random factor to the dispell - unless we can see some serious backend, I'm not sure we will have the info we need to add that in - hence why I was asking for some veteran bug questers for help. I'll keep my eyes peeled though.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:57 AM
Fire Giant

Lucy does not list it as beneficial only until 2012
Quote:
2012-10-12 19:28 Changed Slot 3 from "Fading Memories" to "Cancel Magic - Beneficial Only (9)"
Old 11-18-2015, 12:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Not sure what you guys saying - but as far as I know, the effect on this staff is an unlimited right clickable and targetable dispell. And even better, it's my understanding it only dispells "positive" buffs, so you can use it on mobs after other buffs have already been cast, like Malo and Occlusion.

-- Zwoop
The "as far as I know" is not very convincing. It is most likely that this individual did not understand the dispel counter mechanic.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:10 AM
Sarnak

Right - the SPDAT was never written out with the verbiage "Beneficial Only" until 2012 - yet there is mountains of posts from 1 to 11 years prior specifically stating that it is beneficial only. Also Fading Memories was changed back to Cancel Magic in 2012 - yet on Live to this day, Abashi still dispells random buffs. Does that mean Cancel Magic = Random buff slot dispell? No, of course not - but it certainly means that there's much more to the data then most of us know or will ever be able to see.

This item is the single most farmed item on Live PVP, has been for years, and still is to this very day. Do you guys really think people farm(ed) this item religiously for a standard 3 slot debuff? Of course not, Abolish is extremely unique as it outclasses every other dispell in the game.

Please stop trolling, pals - keep it in RNF.
Closed Thread