Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Lightbulb Petition: Guild raid suspensions should be progressively longer every time

GM decisions are their own and you guys have no reason to listen to any of us on this stuff, but....

I just wanted to say that you would have support if you guys decided that raid suspensions should get longer every time a guild was suspended. A guild that has been suspended 6 times should be treated differently than a guild that has never been suspended.

Maybe increase the suspension by one week for every time they have been suspended before? 1 week for first suspension, mandatory 2 week suspension for their second infraction, 3 weeks for their third, etc. Yes, a guild that has been suspended FOUR TIMES should be raid banned for a month - that is taking it lightly.

This would have a couple of effects: 1) guilds that continually shit on the community and break the rules are punished more harshly, 2) make a guild less likely to break the rules since they know they have a limited times to 'mess up', 3) if a new guild does not know the rules and genuinely makes a mistake, they will not be punished as hard as a guild that is continually making the same 'mistakes'

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 03-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

I like this, but maybe add diminishing effects over time? Like if a guild is banned thee times over three months, however for every two months they go clean their next sentence is reduced by a week.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

+1
Old 03-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Aviak

+1
Old 03-10-2015, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with you, but more importantly... I'd like to see:

Suspensions for entire respawn cycles. The whole "Next Class X Nagafen" suspension is ridiculous. It doesn't deter the behavior at all. Make them lose an entire week of every single mob spawns.

And help me understand the VP suspension TMO has. They are suspended Monday-Friday from VP. Correct me if I'm wrong. Aren't all Raid mobs spawning Saturday/Sunday except for Vox and Gore? Are there any VP mobs that bleed into Monday?
Old 03-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM decisions are their own and you guys have no reason to listen to any of us on this stuff, but....

I just wanted to say that you would have support if you guys decided that raid suspensions should get longer every time a guild was suspended. A guild that has been suspended 6 times should be treated differently than a guild that has never been suspended.

Maybe increase the suspension by one week for every time they have been suspended before? 1 week for first suspension, mandatory 2 week suspension for their second infraction, 3 weeks for their third, etc. Yes, a guild that has been suspended FOUR TIMES should be raid banned for a month - that is taking it lightly.

This would have a couple of effects: 1) guilds that continually shit on the community and break the rules are punished more harshly, 2) make a guild less likely to break the rules since they know they have a limited times to 'mess up', 3) if a new guild does not know the rules and genuinely makes a mistake, they will not be punished as hard as a guild that is continually making the same 'mistakes'

Nah
Old 03-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Suspensions for entire respawn cycles. The whole "Next Class X Nagafen" suspension is ridiculous. It doesn't deter the behavior at all. Make them lose an entire week of every single mob spawns.

And help me understand the VP suspension TMO has. They are suspended Monday-Friday from VP. Correct me if I'm wrong. Aren't all Raid mobs spawning Saturday/Sunday except for Vox and Gore? Are there any VP mobs that bleed into Monday?
That's correct lol. Suspended Monday-Friday! Man what a punishment! They must be so upset to be missing all those spawns!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

How about 1 random BIS item deleted off a random guild member per infraction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I agree that the respawn cycles should be built into the rules, but please let us keep this thread about future modifications to the raid rules and not about the semantics about past suspensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about 1 random BIS item deleted off a random guild member per infraction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking about adding a "100k pp fine per infraction" or something to the OP, but I think that would incentivize RMT. Having a monetary (plat) fine would be very similar to how the NFL/NBA does fines, but I think that fine would have to be in addition to any type of raid suspension from raiding.

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Last edited by toolshed; 03-10-2015 at 03:36 PM..
Old 03-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Skeleton

BDA work within the rules, so it would mean more pixels for sure.

Spoon it up.