Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Who gives a shit about world hunger?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Aviak

If you only add some strong coffee you would have redeye gravy.

MY preferred breakfast sausage gravy:

Start with sausage cooked done and crumbled, lower the heat. I prefer Jimmy Dean whole hog. You can make a roux then add milk the same way or add about 1 cup milk, and sprinkle flour on top. Less experienced cooks can use milk then flour over low heat. Once it thickens. serve over biscuits, and for an ever better breakfast with two eggs over easy on top.

When I am lazy I use rye bread, and two eggs on top. At my Dad diners people would laugh when I ate it that way.

Its a good meal when you need more cholesterol in your diet. I just had mine tested and my bad cholesterol was undetectable.

e: World hunger is caused by logistics. Its not possible to move enough food from one place where they throw tons out, to places where there isn't enough.
"If someone points a gun at you, you call the police. If a bunch of guys are pointing guns at you, you call SWAT. If they're in spandex and pointing a super laser at you, you call OSI. And if they're dressed regular and pointing a super laser at your daughter, that's when you call SPHINX. (SPHINX!)"
Formerly of Morell Thule and Test Server
Last edited by Dominick; 09-10-2010 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: heh
Old 09-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

Pickled Sausage:

Preferably, you want non-cooked smoked cajun sausage. Andouille is the best for this. If you want to skip ensuring your raw pork is cooked through, then buy Red Hots. They are a precooked sausage. The most important thing is that you have a good casing ALL the way around, no open ends.

You need a jar, and you need to sterilize it. Lid as well.

Now then: Cook your sausage in a frying pan with a tiny bit of vegetable oil, the goal here is just to get the casings crispy. Crush about 5 good size cloves of garlic, a bay leaf and a couple jalapenos and put them in the jar. Then arrange your sausages inside the jar. Fill the remaining space in the jar with 75% apple or white vinegar(i like the bite of a mix) and 25% Lousiana hot sauce.

Lid, shake well and refrigerate 3 days before eating.

TIP: For quicker pickling, heat up the vinegar/hotsauce mix to a high simmer before adding it to the jar.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Orc

This week, on Chef Dyno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuut1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pickled Sausage:

Preferably, you want non-cooked smoked cajun sausage. Andouille is the best for this. If you want to skip ensuring your raw pork is cooked through, then buy Red Hots. They are a precooked sausage. The most important thing is that you have a good casing ALL the way around, no open ends.

You need a jar, and you need to sterilize it. Lid as well.

Now then: Cook your sausage in a frying pan with a tiny bit of vegetable oil, the goal here is just to get the casings crispy. Crush about 5 good size cloves of garlic, a bay leaf and a couple jalapenos and put them in the jar. Then arrange your sausages inside the jar. Fill the remaining space in the jar with 75% apple or white vinegar(i like the bite of a mix) and 25% Lousiana hot sauce.

Lid, shake well and refrigerate 3 days before eating.

TIP: For quicker pickling, heat up the vinegar/hotsauce mix to a high simmer before adding it to the jar.
BAM!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather have a nation of well educated healthy people, able to balance the issues of their personal and professional lives in a meaningful way than a nation full of obesity or starving to death, killing each other for food.
This doesn't and can't possibly exist so who the fuck cares. I'd love a button I could press whenever I wanted a beautiful woman to walk through the door and fuck me at will, but it's impossible so why mention it.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This doesn't and can't possibly exist so who the fuck cares. ..it's impossible so why mention it.
I think the real question is what makes you such an authority on the subject to be able to dictate what is possible and what is not. In which field do you hold a doctorate? Where and how did you obtain your evidence? How was your evidence rated? Where exactly can your essays and/or treatises on this subject be found?

..oh wait..
Old 09-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Orc

How about we all become the self-righteous, anal-retentive assholes that we are really trying to be.

Honestly, this world would be better if everyone stopped eating Hasinbad's pussy...
Old 09-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the real question is what makes you such an authority on the subject to be able to dictate what is possible and what is not. In which field do you hold a doctorate? Where and how did you obtain your evidence? How was your evidence rated? Where exactly can your essays and/or treatises on this subject be found?

..oh wait..
So now I need a degree in skies to claim that they're blue? Can I say "hamburgers come from cows" without going to school for meatology?
Old 09-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

my minor is in meatology. as a pseudo expert i advise you do not (m)eat it.

go veg, or go home.

edit: or dont go veg.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So now I need a degree in skies to claim that they're blue?
The relative obviousness of the statements "the sky is blue on a clear day" and "no society can ever have healthy, well educated people who use their knowledge to make a positive difference" is quite disparate.
Quote:
Can I say "hamburgers come from cows" without going to school for meatology?
Yes, but you would not be correct in every instance.