Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 06-16-2023, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're interested in soloing at 60, go watch a real SK solo vid by Keerarae and note how many times they click BE items. That should give you an idea of how make or break they are.
Not sure what you’re getting at here but I’ve talked to keer. He uses his be greaves all the time. Says it’s particularly helpful to time Vs casters and also said they’re usually permanently equipped. You can see him use it in the brogg video.

Not saying iksars aren’t capable of doing solo stuff but you’re just giving yourself a big mana handicap for no reason on a class that already struggles with mana and health. Troll just makes so much more sense unless you’re gearing for bis, then I’d probably go erudite for the best mana pool as sta will be capped eventually but even then regen is huge on a class that can’t heal for shit.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what you’re getting at here but I’ve talked to keer. He uses his be greaves all the time. Says it’s particularly helpful to time Vs casters and also said they’re usually permanently equipped. You can see him use it in the brogg video.

Not saying iksars aren’t capable of doing solo stuff but you’re just giving yourself a big mana handicap for no reason on a class that already struggles with mana and health. Troll just makes so much more sense unless you’re gearing for bis, then I’d probably go erudite for the best mana pool as sta will be capped eventually but even then regen is huge on a class that can’t heal for shit.
I can second that about the greaves and casters. Sometimes you are splitting multiple clasters, and need to FD multiple times due to them starting to cast offensive spells when you fall down. Any offensive spell that hits you will break FD. Greaves make it easier for you to stand up and start FDing again while the mob finishes their cast.

I also have mine permanentally equipped. The extra stats from a better piece are not going to help you as much as the clickie.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Soloing named blues at level 60 in dungeons isn’t about racial perks or BE armor. You’re talking sapper procs, avatar, almost full mana bar face tanking. Even if a specific perk is handy it’s ridiculous to think the same player couldn’t overcome that if they have mentally and gear wise got to that stage in the game.

Not to say each race doesn’t have a bit fun or flavor to it that may come in handy but this is the edge case of all edge cases.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soloing named blues at level 60 in dungeons isn’t about racial perks or BE armor. You’re talking sapper procs, avatar, almost full mana bar face tanking. Even if a specific perk is handy it’s ridiculous to think the same player couldn’t overcome that if they have mentally and gear wise got to that stage in the game.

Not to say each race doesn’t have a bit fun or flavor to it that may come in handy but this is the edge case of all edge cases.
I don't think anybody is saying that Blood Ember is required for a specific encounter. I am not sure why you are suggesting otherwise. Blood Ember + Troll Regen is simply going to give you a non-trivial edge as a Shadowknight most of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIb859Cg5ZM - In a 5 minute fight with a Cliff Golem, a troll would regen 400 HP over a non-troll, which almost two extra epic procs. Not a game shattering thing, but better than not having it. That is half of a Fungi Tunic, and there is a reason why everybody wants a Fungi Tunic.

Once you get to the point where you have WillSapper, Primal Weapons, Soul Defiler, Epic, etc., you are never going to use Greenmist, which is the only perk of being an Iksar. This is also an edge case in itself if you are trying to argue against supposed edge cases, because 90% of Shadowknights on this server do not have WillSapper + Primal + Soul Defiler + Epic. Blood Ember + Regen is helping out the majority of Shadowknights quite a bit when compared to not having them.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-16-2023 at 10:27 AM..
Old 06-16-2023, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

There's really no getting around the fact that having snare, fear and FD available on clickies is extremely useful, and literally allows you do things that Iksar SKs cannot. It doesn't mean that Iksar SKs are unplayable, but they are making a significant sacrifice by foregoing the substantial utility provided by the best pieces of Blood Ember.
Old 06-16-2023, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

This quite literally what the OP asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking for some input

Is Iksar SK worse for end-game solo crawling than other races?
Do the armor clickies account for serious mana saving etc?
So until we know what they mean by end-game solo crawling it’s just a mystery. My point of the “end game solo” part is nobody is relying on free snare clicks for a 20 minute repop you are medding and waiting for unless crap goes very sideways.

Crawling droga or making your way up to King Tranix? Sure BE legs are great. FD and Death Peace don’t share a CD, one is 60mana and one is 120. Is free better on a 3 sec cast? Depends I guess. I suspect folks like Keerarae didn’t reverse engineer the best race at the creation screen, they pick one they like and got insane gear and skills then ventured out.
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-16-2023 at 12:23 PM..
Old 06-16-2023, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This quite literally what the OP asked:

So until we know what they mean by end-game solo crawling it’s just a mystery. My point of the “end game solo” part is nobody is relying on free snare clicks for a 20 minute repop you are medding and waiting for unless crap goes very sideways.

Crawling droga or making your way up to King Tranix? Sure BE legs are great. FD and Death Peace don’t share a CD, one is 60mana and one is 120. Is free better on a 3 sec cast? Depends I guess. I suspect folks like Keerarae didn’t reverse engineer the best race at the creation screen, they pick one they like and got insane gear and skills then ventured out.
Dungeon crawling requires you to FD multiple times to get down to a specific mob, so BE greaves are always going to be useful. While I agree OP's question is ambiguous, I am not going to assume he doesn't know what a crawl is.

If your crawling in Sebilis, for example, BE greaves will be great when you have to get around a spawn of 2-3 casters. Is it required? No, but reducing your chance of dying while crawling is never a bad thing when you can get nuked for 1k. Dying and having to restart your crawl is a pain. Again, in the hypothetical situation of an extremely well geared SK killing named mobs deep in a dungeon, Greenmist is completely obsolete by the time you have Epic + Primal + Soul Defiler + Willsapper.

Stacking Greenmist and Epic procs is not worth the DPS loss when swapping between the weapons. You are only getting a decent boost in HP gain if you happen to proc Greenmist + Epic within 6 seconds of each other. That can happen, but it's not a common enough scenario to rely on it. Average proc rate is 2 per minute at 255 DEX, so 2 Epic procs spaced 30 seconds apart is giving you 500 HP, vs. 490 with one proc of each weapon. You could get higher HP gain in a minute if you can proc Epic twice and Greenmist once, but that is pure luck, and if you only proc once in the next minute, it evens out. Greenmist would be better if 255 dex equated to 3 or 4 procs on average per minute.

Now you may not need BE greaves for fighting a Cliff Golem, since you don't need to split or crawl, but that is outside of OP's question since you are not crawling to Cliff Golems. I don't think many people are making SK's to simply camp static spawns in an open area.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-16-2023 at 01:46 PM..
Old 06-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

DSM about to go another 80 pages, the answer is pick what you want, it doesn’t matter in the end when every guild gets loot off draft.
Old 06-16-2023, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM about to go another 80 pages, the answer is pick what you want, it doesn’t matter in the end when every guild gets loot off draft.
Guess we might as well shut down the forum since the answer to everything is "just do what you want"[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] People ask questions because there is an answer besides "just do what you want".
Old 06-16-2023, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guess we might as well shut down the forum since the answer to everything is "just do what you want"[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] People ask questions because there is an answer besides "just do what you want".
Exactly, sorry you don’t got choices