Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-12-2024, 01:32 PM
Orc

Default Returning to blue part time?

I currently play on green, but I have a 29 war on blue with decent gear that I thought I might use to make a pal instead. My question is this...is it still possible to find new-mid gear for sale in EC? I played last night and it seemed like EC was totally dead except for a few high tier items. Trying to trade small bronze for medium bronze seems like a non-starter. Or if I decide to totally strip my war, trading crafted for something else a pal can use.

Is this a fruitless effort? The only reason I would really do this vs just starting a new char on green, which has a much more active economy, is that I only have a 30 SK there and I am not wealthy. As such, I am not sure I want a total fresh start char.
Old 01-12-2024, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I currently play on green, but I have a 29 war on blue with decent gear that I thought I might use to make a pal instead. My question is this...is it still possible to find new-mid gear for sale in EC? I played last night and it seemed like EC was totally dead except for a few high tier items. Trying to trade small bronze for medium bronze seems like a non-starter. Or if I decide to totally strip my war, trading crafted for something else a pal can use.

Is this a fruitless effort? The only reason I would really do this vs just starting a new char on green, which has a much more active economy, is that I only have a 30 SK there and I am not wealthy. As such, I am not sure I want a total fresh start char.
SK is a good solo character. You can just FD single pull guards and maybe fear kite them, depending on the area. I made a lot of money that way, and used it to fund my Shaman hehe.

Blue is going to be harder to play a low geared warrior on for sure with the lower population. I'd probably roll a different starting character if you want to play on blue.
Old 01-12-2024, 01:45 PM
Orc

I probably worded it bad. My war on blue is fairly well geared considering I have no other char there. Staff of battle and full crafted allowed me to solo to that point. I already have my 30 SK on green which I do play, but wanted to maybe try a paladin again before I get too deep. As such, I was thinking of using the gear I had on blue, for a char I don't really play, to make the paladin. He already has a poison wind censer, but the full bronze is the wrong size heh.
Old 01-12-2024, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I probably worded it bad. My war on blue is fairly well geared considering I have no other char there. Staff of battle and full crafted allowed me to solo to that point. I already have my 30 SK on green which I do play, but wanted to maybe try a paladin again before I get too deep. As such, I was thinking of using the gear I had on blue, for a char I don't really play, to make the paladin. He already has a poison wind censer, but the full bronze is the wrong size heh.
No worries! Thanks for the clarification. A Warrior with Staff of Battle and full crafted is going to start falling off soon. The first 30 levels are quite easy on any melee character with a good ratio weapon. Once the mobs start getting harder, it's going to be harder to find camps you can do.

As for Paladin, it is going to be slower than your Shadowknight early on, just as a heads up. You'll start feeling the Paladin's full potential once you get into your 40s, where an SK will hit their full stride by 30.

Both Knights will solo better than the Warrior, so I do agree that picking a Knight over your Warrior is the right choice. PWS should be able to get you to 30 easily. You can just use crappy leather armor for now if you want, or sell the bronze to the merchant and buy a few pieces of banded. You can start farming money pretty early on. Something like the Nybright Sisters in Lesser Faydark are killable in your teens, and they drop bronze weapons to sell. You can do Paineel Guards by 20ish I think.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-12-2024 at 01:56 PM..
Old 01-24-2024, 03:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
I currently play on green, but I have a 29 war on blue with decent gear that I thought I might use to make a pal instead. My question is this...is it still possible to find new-mid gear for sale in EC? I played last night and it seemed like EC was totally dead except for a few high tier items.
imho, there's been a palpable change in east commons and I noticed this around the time Quarm dropped. I could be way off base, but that's what I see.

It's not impossible to find the items, and I've always kind of liked blue for that reason. I'm not a hard core power gamer, so this server allowed me to kind of get a foothold with better gear. My characters are much better geared now than when I played on live.
Old 01-24-2024, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

When I made a new ranger not that long ago I had no difficulty finding all the lower to mid tier gear to fill my slots. Some actually really good gear (the stuff from velks in particular) is super affordable.

EC is a lot slower than it used to be but it’s still workable. Having EC be more empty actually helps to drive prices down on all but the most desired gear pieces. Otherwise it would take to long to sell stuff … and normal people don’t like to sit in EC for hours/days on end.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-25-2024, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

EC has been on a downward trend since green. IMO people aren't selling not because they don't have anything to sell, but because there aren't enough buyers. If you advertise what you want to buy I would guess you don't have too much trouble finding it unless it's a niche item.