Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 02-03-2024, 03:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How lucky were we that we only had decade old vhs movies and everquest to grow up with.
I feel bad for the generations behind me.
At EQ release I was a home owner (or more correctly mortgage owner) and the girlfriend had an 11yr old.
Also. Betamax or die!
I also feel bad for the generations behind me.
Old 02-03-2024, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

The best way to profit off AI is buying high-end GPUs (RTX 5000, RTX 3090/4090) in the crypto bear market. You can rent out on vast.ai, clore.ai and other platforms or mine crypto, whichever is most profitable.

Sorry if you don't live in an area that is predominantly hydro-powered with cheap electricity.

Tttyl, gotta go on an errand, *laughs all the way to the bank*
Old 02-03-2024, 08:15 PM
Aviak

Serious question: are jumpcuts on tiktok a feature of the format? Do videos actually do better if you divide each sentence into at least 3 or 4 separate takes? Does doing that have some value that overrides how annoying it is?
Old 02-03-2024, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

Unless your algorithm is particularly efficient you need to get extremely cheap electricity for it to be even remotely efficient. Also ambient temp is a factor. Less cooling needed etc so scandinavian countries with geo power and low temps are miles ahead.
Unless you enjoy digging a virtual hole that costs $1000 that yields $998 worth of coin. Each revealed coin makes the rest more worthy of being called a real currency.
Go for it though. It just makes the existing holders (potentially) richer. No wait, doesnt Castle have bitcoin?
Pyramid...
NVM.
Old 02-04-2024, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Serious question: are jumpcuts on tiktok a feature of the format? Do videos actually do better if you divide each sentence into at least 3 or 4 separate takes? Does doing that have some value that overrides how annoying it is?
It's been a thing on youtube as well for a long time among people in their teens/20s. I'd hate to edit a video putting 100-200+ little cuts in.
Old 02-04-2024, 11:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya I've noticed that trend with the young'ens videos that migrated to youtube from tiktok. Here's a guy that used that editing tactic for comedic effect while having the persona of a beat reporter. Works pretty well. I doubt anyone millennial or older would have done this or done it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/@GoodWorkMB/videos
Old 02-04-2024, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How lucky were we that we only had decade old vhs movies and everquest to grow up with.
I feel bad for the generations behind me.
Any time I see my grandkids with a screen I yell at my children and remind them that I can still inflict gratuitous pain upon them when they fail
Old 02-04-2024, 02:53 PM
Aviak

Tell them to learn how to ride a horse like a normal person.

In all seriousness you are using a broom to try and stop the ocean.