Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately we don't even know what the "decisions" are as the posted petitions have no responses. A lot of us would at least like a "petition denied" post.
Too much to ask. Please move along.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See the GMs answer petitions then you get retards (tmo member or officer) swearing at them in public channels in front of everyone. Then you come here and complain that nobody is answering your petitions. Maybe if you guys werent acting like asshats all would be fine.

(See post in R&F with fazlazen)
alkorin was merely commenting on a post about internet civility. the OP complaining about petitions is a VD member.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

Bump for importance!

I can understand how being left in the dark on so many petitions can be frustrating. Whereas a 'petition denied' just says you didn't have enough evidence or you were flat out wrong and move along, leaving it ignored can make one or one's guild feel ignored, confused and lead to a deeper frustration. That can evolve to a sense of lawless-ness that actually encourages people to play in the "KS or be KS'd" style that I think we may be starting to see.

(edit: even on a non-raid level, I've already had plenty of circumstances where groups or individual players would come and out-damage me on a mob I already had been killing just because it had something visible they wanted. The behavior trickles down when players think there are no consequences.)

As for the recent Innoruuk that [I think] resulted in this thread, it would be a pretty big letdown if there wasn't some sort of response to whoever put the petition in, given the circumstances of that encounter (and yet another server first at stake). But more than that, it's the... 3rd or 4th innoruuk that's been claimed to be KS'd/ninja looted/trained in the past couple months that hasn't been resolved (another one involved a server first epic too!). It's more symbolic than anything if these get or don't get addressed.

But that's just my 2cents. I appreciate all the volunteer work the gm's, devs and guides put into the server, as well as any time reading through my potentially badly written post!
Last edited by Zapatos; 02-16-2012 at 03:13 PM..
Old 02-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See the GMs answer petitions then you get retards (tmo member or officer) swearing at them in public channels in front of everyone. Then you come here and complain that nobody is answering your petitions. Maybe if you guys werent acting like asshats all would be fine.

Am I on your mind ?
Old 02-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Aviak

So if I put in a petition on the forums and I'm missing one little snippet of information because of a simple brain fart (we are human right?) then they will simply ignore my petition without letting me know what they're missing so that whatever it was can be fixed?

Add into this that the stickied post for what is required in a petition is rather...barebones? If you give me an exact list of what you want when dealing with certain circumstances I will provide it. If you give me a one sentence explanation that is open to a lot of interpretation I will probably not know that I'm missing information.

I really do enjoy this server and want to thank the Devs, GMs, Guides, and various other people in positions of power for all that they have done. But when you don't make yourself clear on what you want from us when we need your help then don't ignore or complain about how we ask for that help.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lishrac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if I put in a petition on the forums and I'm missing one little snippet of information because of a simple brain fart (we are human right?) then they will simply ignore my petition without letting me know what they're missing so that whatever it was can be fixed?

Add into this that the stickied post for what is required in a petition is rather...barebones? If you give me an exact list of what you want when dealing with certain circumstances I will provide it. If you give me a one sentence explanation that is open to a lot of interpretation I will probably not know that I'm missing information.

I really do enjoy this server and want to thank the Devs, GMs, Guides, and various other people in positions of power for all that they have done. But when you don't make yourself clear on what you want from us when we need your help then don't ignore or complain about how we ask for that help.
No, they do answer petitions. If you have a problem, make a petition and I'm sure it will get answered quickly by the staff.

They are just tired of the endless amount of raiding petitions they get, where it is usually guild B and C complaning about guild A because they didn't get a mob. Guild B and C post a petition that gets no attention. This is what OP is talking about.

Last night for example, guild A pulled Innoruuk and was killing it. Guild B and C tried to fight the mob, but guild A got the xp anyways. OP is in guild B or in guild C. He posted a petition that will never get any attention.

I understand them though, when you raid with 90 people, you have alot of mouths to feed. You can't afford to loose too many times.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Read the thread before you call out your raid partners lol
Bunn - 54 Cleric
Old 02-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

GMs/Guides would have less raid disputes to handle and less whining to deal with if, as non-classic as it is, the raid target zonewide shouted what player or whose pet, eyeball, wtfever got FTE (or go a step further and shout the guild tag of said player).

This could be reset upon disengage (i.e. someone tags mob then dies to a DT, breaking the chain of aggro when the mob returns to seek mode, then someone else tags the mob and there's another zonewide shout showing new FTE, rendering the previous FTE irrelevant.)

Then it would be indisputable who got the mob, and no GMs/Guides would need to be involved unless the guild who didn't get the zonewide shout got XP (therefore KS'd) and looted, resulting in a clear suspension/ban to be handed out.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 02-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazlazen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, they do answer petitions. If you have a problem, make a petition and I'm sure it will get answered quickly by the staff.

They are just tired of the endless amount of raiding petitions they get, where it is usually guild B and C complaning about guild A because they didn't get a mob. Guild B and C post a petition that gets no attention. This is what OP is talking about.

Last night for example, guild A pulled Innoruuk and was killing it. Guild B and C tried to fight the mob, but guild A got the xp anyways. OP is in guild B or in guild C. He posted a petition that will never get any attention.

I understand them though, when you raid with 90 people, you have alot of mouths to feed. You can't afford to loose too many times.
Thank you for the answer. Wasn't liking the thought of having to read somebodies mind on what exactly I needed to in certain situations.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Banned

Ouch vd/ib lose ANOTHER inny?
Closed Thread