Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Large Rat

Default Anyone doing research?

Look, I don't want to do research because I feel as if its a waste of time to level up. However, I do need to buy some of the magician research spells -- specifically the 20x Food and Water spells. If anyone could message me on P99 and let me know if they have any for sale please let me know. Jomei.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:23 AM
Aviak

you don't have to spend time leveling them up. you can buy research from your guild master.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

Sorry that I can't help you with Magician research, but if anyone came to this thread looking for Enchanter research, give Vermicelli a /tell ingame and I will do your homework for you =)
Old 04-04-2012, 02:26 AM
Aviak

contact Sakra ingame. i can give you cornucopia & everfount spells.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you don't have to spend time leveling them up. you can buy research from your guild master.
Being a rank noob, I could be wrong, but I thought you could only train up to rank 20 from your GM. Also, is the Concordance of Research part of classic? I always was under the impression that it was a cheap way to level your research without wasting valuable words/runes/etc.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

Most trade skills can be trained only up to skill level 30, but research is an exception, though it does get expensive as you train higher. The concordance of research is something to do if you don't mind running around and collecting a whole bunch of research components, though personally I think your time is better spent farming platinum to spend bumping research at your class trainer.

http://web.archive.org/web/200101072...earch_good.asp

But dang. You have to create pair of runes, each pair of which requires at least six items total.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermicelli [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most trade skills can be trained only up to skill level 30, but research is an exception, though it does get expensive as you train higher. The concordance of research is something to do if you don't mind running around and collecting a whole bunch of research components, though personally I think your time is better spent farming platinum to spend bumping research at your class trainer.

http://web.archive.org/web/200101072...earch_good.asp

But dang. You have to create pair of runes, each pair of which requires at least six items total.
kk, I stand corrected.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:04 AM
Aviak

So, since the patch I am unable to train Research at my trainer seeing as I was skilled up above my level.

Im not really understanding what the patch has done to research. My skill level is 62...am I stuck doing the legwork now (using the Concordance of Research) and unable to simply train at the guildmaster or am I just limited to 5 skill points per level?
Closed Thread