Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think he was speaking about the absurdity of the initial reports of this young man being some kind of paragon of virtue. A good little boy headed to college next year and all. He didn't say anything about whether the police officer's shooting was justified, but rather whether the media portrayal of this man was accurate. But you jumped the gun once again and read far more into his words than is reasonable, only showcasing how you project your own propensity to jump to conclusions.
Eh, is it? is that what he was a saying? why if I jump to a conclusion about something someone said, wrong, but if you jump to your own conclusion about what he said right?

Does it even matter? Do you really think that arguing over this petty shit is worth anything at all? Are you just simply being a contrarian?

I'm sure under most circumstances we both agree, but instead of making any head way just trolling back and forth and nitpicking shit and misinterpreting everything each one of us is saying.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone enplane to me how in real life cameras everywhere has proven to be a bad thing, and not cite a science fiction novel as evidence to the contrary?

like where in your daily life or anyone for that matter does a camera on a street corner cause good people to be put in bad situations?

London has cameras all over, are they living in a dystopia because of it?
I suggest you research traffic light cameras to figure out the inherent potential issues with keeping surveillance on every area possible. Remember, there is a monetary cost involved to not only set up but to man and maintain such a system.

In traffic light cameras for example, they stopped profiting on red light tickets because people figured out which lights were safe to go through and which ones weren't so the bureaucracy decided to start ticketing speeding via the system. The same thing happened so they started ticketing jaywalking, etc..

You use London as an example, there's one camera for every eleven people in that entire nation and yet in only one out of a thousand crimes did the presence of CCTV help with any investigation. Look up the safety reports yourself, crime/accidents/violence rates across the board are virtually unaffected since the addition of the CCTV surveillance.

Now imagine that but in America where the authorities are guaranteed to find every way they can to exploit such a system to squeeze every penny out of citizen's pockets. Do you really want to be fined for littering every time a wrapper or piece of paper falls out of your pocket when you reach for your phone or car keys?
Old 08-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suggest you research traffic light cameras to figure out the inherent potential issues with keeping surveillance on every area possible. Remember, there is a monetary cost involved to not only set up but to man and maintain such a system.

In traffic light cameras for example, they stopped profiting on red light tickets because people figured out which lights were safe to go through and which ones weren't so the bureaucracy decided to start ticketing speeding via the system. The same thing happened so they started ticketing jaywalking, etc..

You use London as an example, there's one camera for every eleven people in that entire nation and yet in only one out of a thousand crimes did the presence of CCTV help with any investigation. Look up the safety reports yourself, crime/accidents/violence rates across the board are virtually unaffected since the addition of the CCTV surveillance.

Now imagine that but in America where the authorities are guaranteed to find every way they can to exploit such a system to squeeze every penny out of citizen's pockets. Do you really want to be fined for littering every time a wrapper or piece of paper falls out of your pocket when you reach for your phone or car keys?
Yea I by no means am saying put cameras everywhere and then also use them to write tickets and arrest people... having a camera everywhere for review during a legal case only would be a fine way to go about business becuse eye witness or whatever is archaic and silly to rely on. Its 2014 ffs, we can do better.

A lot of crimes are caught on tape currently and we don't even have these cameras I'm talkn about.. hell a camera caught Michael brown being aggressive and may help shed light on the entire case as it is.

It isnt really a argument that needs to be had to be honest, the reality is within the next 10 years everyone we'll have a camera on them, they'll be so small you'll be able to paint them onto a wall with a paintbrush I'm sure, google will have live 360 degree imagery of every major city with every small town soon to follow.

I really am not up to speed with the details of CCTV and how well it works now, but overall I think its a good direction. I don't see a database of video as a bad thing for any investigation, even if it helps 1% of the time.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anybody else getting sick and tired of nigs?
I bet you advocate the solution at the 1:36:30 mark here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4scgRAJxWc
Old 08-15-2014, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

St Louis is a dirt town. I would go crazy and shoot people if I had to live there. Kansas city at least has bbq. And Kansas City is terrrrrrrible

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 08-15-2014, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

What could be wrong about requiring all cops to wear cameras? Not that expensive, would solve all these problems. I don't see the downside of that. Any of you have a reasonable objection?
Old 08-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More like the fact remains that this started because an officer shot another teenager. Why the officer shot the teenager is and never will be really known, so try not to fill in the blanks with he said she said.
I'm not filling in the blanks, unless you think that thug was innocent and did nothing wrong.

One less thug doesn't bother me one bit by the way. Call me an asshole if you want but more of them need eliminating.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Banned

Its irrelevant what the character of the person was, did he steal a box of cigars

The question is, was this unarmed person summarily executed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One less thug doesn't bother me one bit by the way. Call me an asshole if you want but more of them need eliminating.
Naw not an asshole, fascist or neo-nazi more like it
Old 08-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its irrelevant what the character of the person was, did he steal a box of cigars

The question is, was this unarmed person summarily executed
Not at all irrelevant. Character makes a world of difference in the courtroom. If it's an upstanding officer who shot a thug it makes a difference.

We shall see.

Quote:
Naw not an asshole, fascist or neo-nazi more like it
Maybe.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe.
I have less of a problem with some thug than I do a thug cop.
Closed Thread