Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotsirb401 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its really hard to get targets when 1 guild can compete and you have all the time in the world to clear for CT
On blue, if you're not in TMO you have 0% shot at getting into ST. Zero. On red, bring a guild over and suddenly you control your own destiny as to what content you will or will not get, AND the gear you get suddenly takes on a heightened importance. On blue you're just another zergling dressing up your magelo profile. To each their own, but if you're a hardcore raider red is 100x better, and would be even greater if a guild here would realize the futility of playing the variance game with TMO and come over together, hopefully transfers / copy's make that a reality.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Banned

friction feels so good
Old 06-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big league chew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hehehe w/e u say
hope you get good loot today so you can slay more npcs for more loot to better slay more npcs
lol'd
Old 06-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

I like PvP a lot, just not EQ PvP. Warhammer online was pretty badass for a while. Starwars has ok PvP.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the Red server really so sparse you guys have to come here to forum PvP? Do you need the friction that badly? It's almost Freudian.
Yep... and the ones that are there are trying to actively avoid pvp unless they know they can win....

This makes it mighty boring.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On blue, if you're not in TMO you have 0% shot at getting into ST. Zero. On red, bring a guild over and suddenly you control your own destiny as to what content you will or will not get, AND the gear you get suddenly takes on a heightened importance. On blue you're just another zergling dressing up your magelo profile. To each their own, but if you're a hardcore raider red is 100x better, and would be even greater if a guild here would realize the futility of playing the variance game with TMO and come over together, hopefully transfers / copy's make that a reality.
I've gotta be Heartbrand; this doesn't make much sense coming from you. Weren't you going to liquidate all of your red characters/items/plat and come over to blue if Nihilum wouldn't accept you? You've said that you tried hard to make all of ^that happen, but got fed up with it and joined the established zerg raiding guild after feeling as though you had no choice. Right?

I'm not saying that players couldn't overcome your current zerg, but it seems about as hard as blue coming together to overtake TMO.

Red99
Old 06-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sucked twenty cocks last night.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

The server was in a completely different place at that time then it is now, there were like 12 people who were of sufficient level to be even considered "competition," now there are dozens of level 60's not in Nihilum. The reason most guilds fail on Red who attempt to compete has absolutely nothing to do with Nihilum, it's because it's made of people who:

1) Aren't hardcore.
2) Don't really care too much about PVE
3) Have prior beef with eachother from past boxes
4) Are made up primarily of 18-22 year olds with big egos / drug issues, etc., who lack the maturity to be able to play nice with others
5) Play with a selfish mentality and not a team mentality [such as the class selection, gear fights, etc.]

A guild on blue is predicated on the assumption that you're attempting to progress your character via raid content. A guild that comes to red with that mentality will succeed on Red and give Nihilum a run for its money, and prolly have a ton more fun doing it than they ever would playing the 3am bat phone game of variance vs TMO.

People keep talking about "pvp" and "grief" but they removed exp loss from pvp deaths. It's incredibly difficult to get corpse camped unless you have literally no friends / social skills / intelligence. The majority of people from level 1-50, excluding the twink grief haven known as Unrest, are incredibly friendly and eager to group and play with you. And even if they do kill you, there's NO PENALTY, you just respawn and loot up and exp somewhere else until they leave or kill them back.

I said it before, red is not for everyone, primarily because it is more of a "hardcore" server where it seems as though 75% or more of the playerbase plays multiple hours a day. If you're there to fuck around a couple hours here and there, you're right, it's probably going to seem dead and boring. But if you come with a crew, which is what I'm advocating, you can have a tremendous amount of fun. Yes, there are some idiots in OOC who spam retarded stuff, there are on blue as well and that's why there's an /ignore function, or you can simply filter ooc to a chat box and minimize it in a corner of your screen.

If you're a mid tier raid guild on Blue [if there is even such a thing considering TMO basically monopolizes the vast majority of all raid encounters] red gives you an opportunity you will never have on Blue; the chance to actually experience raid content. If raiding is not your thing, and you're just re-experiencing Norrath, walking along and smelling the flowers and what not, then again, red is NOT for you.

Also don't frequent the red boards which are full of people who don't actually play. At the end of the day enjoyment is a personal thing, not everyone is going to enjoy the same style of play, but Red99 is NOT Quake or Counter-Strike, there's a couple of people who may think it is and want it to be, but it's not. For the most part you can completely avoid PVP if that's your thing. Anyways, to each their own, I didn't make this thread, I'm just trying to give a realistic perspective of what red is and what red isn't so that each person can make their own decision.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the Red server really so sparse you guys have to come here to forum PvP? Do you need the friction that badly? It's almost Freudian.
blue = forum pvp

red = pvp server
Old 06-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server was in a completely different place at that time then it is now, there were like 12 people who were of sufficient level to be even considered "competition," now there are dozens of level 60's not in Nihilum. The reason most guilds fail on Red who attempt to compete has absolutely nothing to do with Nihilum, it's because it's made of people who:

1) Aren't hardcore.
2) Don't really care too much about PVE
3) Have prior beef with eachother from past boxes
4) Are made up primarily of 18-22 year olds with big egos / drug issues, etc., who lack the maturity to be able to play nice with others
5) Play with a selfish mentality and not a team mentality [such as the class selection, gear fights, etc.]

A guild on blue is predicated on the assumption that you're attempting to progress your character via raid content. A guild that comes to red with that mentality will succeed on Red and give Nihilum a run for its money, and prolly have a ton more fun doing it than they ever would playing the 3am bat phone game of variance vs TMO.

People keep talking about "pvp" and "grief" but they removed exp loss from pvp deaths. It's incredibly difficult to get corpse camped unless you have literally no friends / social skills / intelligence. The majority of people from level 1-50, excluding the twink grief haven known as Unrest, are incredibly friendly and eager to group and play with you. And even if they do kill you, there's NO PENALTY, you just respawn and loot up and exp somewhere else until they leave or kill them back.

I said it before, red is not for everyone, primarily because it is more of a "hardcore" server where it seems as though 75% or more of the playerbase plays multiple hours a day. If you're there to fuck around a couple hours here and there, you're right, it's probably going to seem dead and boring. But if you come with a crew, which is what I'm advocating, you can have a tremendous amount of fun. Yes, there are some idiots in OOC who spam retarded stuff, there are on blue as well and that's why there's an /ignore function, or you can simply filter ooc to a chat box and minimize it in a corner of your screen.

If you're a mid tier raid guild on Blue [if there is even such a thing considering TMO basically monopolizes the vast majority of all raid encounters] red gives you an opportunity you will never have on Blue; the chance to actually experience raid content. If raiding is not your thing, and you're just re-experiencing Norrath, walking along and smelling the flowers and what not, then again, red is NOT for you.

Also don't frequent the red boards which are full of people who don't actually play. At the end of the day enjoyment is a personal thing, not everyone is going to enjoy the same style of play, but Red99 is NOT Quake or Counter-Strike, there's a couple of people who may think it is and want it to be, but it's not. For the most part you can completely avoid PVP if that's your thing. Anyways, to each their own, I didn't make this thread, I'm just trying to give a realistic perspective of what red is and what red isn't so that each person can make their own decision.
tl:dr
Closed Thread