Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 01:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonStillPosting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The group can do whatever it wants to. It's a group decision.

If the player decided on a whim he wants to be a douchebag and take two fungis, the group can decide on a whim he can't. Both rules weren't discussed and one doesn't take precedence over the other just because you want it to.
Quite the contrary, without discussing the loot rules anything goes. As such, while you may find Xaine's actions dubious he was within the bounds placed upon him by the group. However, if new rules were laid out after rolls/items were won then that is a de facto rule change and only applies to any items that drop afterwards.

Live-
Icelf Crystalfrost - 65 Iksar Beastlord (Saryrn)
Icelf Crystalfrost - 51 Human Ranger (Bertox)
Old 04-13-2012, 03:29 AM
Kobold

shit happens, just put him on the go fuck yourself list and avoid him in the future.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:21 AM
Kobold

Dick move? yes.

Your own fault for not clarifying rules at start? you betcha.
---
Green
Vosttok the Luminary 60 Shaman
Megid 60 Wizard
Ryukerr 54 Druid
Vostt 51 Rogue
Old 04-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

I hear God came down from Sinai and laid down PUG rules in stone and Xaine violated them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dick move? yes.

grats Xaine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman8810 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quite the contrary, without discussing the loot rules anything goes. As such, while you may find Xaine's actions dubious he was within the bounds placed upon him by the group. However, if new rules were laid out after rolls/items were won then that is a de facto rule change and only applies to any items that drop afterwards.
Which means if the group decided, at that moment, to not let him get the second one...he wouldn't get it.

The rules weren't decided in either direction until that point where Xaine took it upon himself to be a greedy faggot.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dick move? yes.

Yes, it is your job to make sure that all the idiots that consider that fair understand that it is not when the group is formed.

Had it been my group I would have told him to fuck off, booted him and handed to the next highest roller. Unless of course I was in one of these crazy TMO groups where this seems to be acceptable.

You guys do this internally too?

Asher
Old 04-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Banned

Wait wait wait... so the loot rules aren't talked about = I can ninja loot and claim the rules were FFA?
Old 04-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, it is your job to make sure that all the idiots that consider that fair understand that it is not when the group is formed.

Had it been my group I would have told him to fuck off, booted him and handed to the next highest roller. Unless of course I was in one of these crazy TMO groups where this seems to be acceptable.

You guys do this internally too?

Asher
In the first sentence, you say it is your responsibility, as group leader, to make sure the loot distribution rules are known by all ahead of time.

Yet in the second sentence you say you would have booted the guy for 1) not knowing the rules (a.k.a. your own personal loot rules, which you assume everyone should follow), 2) having a different idea about loot distribution, and 3) winning a second item when the rules had not been pre-established.

Who is the loot whore here? It sure doesn't sound like Xaine to me. He was operating within the confines of the group as he understood them to be. Just like you assume everyone knows your rules set, and that seems to be the issue you keep bringing up. Not everyone had the same experiences on live, and every single server had different customs and norms regarding grouping, lists, rolling, NBG, and FFA. To take what you know as normal or fair, from your experiences on live and here, and to impose it on people here, without forewarning them of what you perceive to be the normal loot rules, is a gross miscalculation.

In the above scenario, the group that didn't clarify the rules before hand could have made their case and asked that he return it to the next highest roller, but at the same time not be mad if he didn't return it. From that point forward, the group could have agreed to limit it to one item per person until everyone got something and chalked it up to experience about the need to clarify rules before the need arises to invoke them.

As an aside, TMO guild groups usually see us duel to the death to determine loot. Of course monks/necros/sks usually win the most loot since they train everyone and scoop it up off the still fresh bodies. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

People over analyzing this lol

In absence of rules most people expect to random everything.

FFA (ninja) looting would most likely fall under the "play nice policy"
Closed Thread