Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

I'm calling it 88 now.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

P.S. not arguing that the way the staff handled it is right or wrong but it's always how they've been done. To my knowledge we never did get our trackers back.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Kobold

different rules for chest obviously. He must have puked on Rogean's carpet or something
Old 10-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did tmo ever get the 3 trackers and cleric i put mq2 flag back?
Names? Probably not
Old 10-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where was this rage during Froovygate? You seemed to think the mass banning of every character some scumbag touched was justified then.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And why use a cleaver instead of a scalpel. Maybe you don't ban the accounts that culprit hadn't touched in 700+ days or something. Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if anything it's the gm's who are for banning EACH AND EVERY account i've logged into.
We've told people again and again not to share accounts. I can't know for sure that you only RMT'd on two accounts, or that you don't have a stash of platinum sitting somewhere that I didn't find. I don't trust a word that you say, and in the past it's been pretty common for RMT'ers with access to a large number of accounts to log those accounts in and use them to sell their stuff.

When you've logged into such an inordinate number of accounts, there's just no way for me to know which ones are legitimate and which ones aren't., and in situations like yours my primary concern is getting rid of every thing as quickly as possible so that you can't keep selling. I'm not going to waste several more hours pouring through all the accounts you've logged into and give you extra time to make more money. These things need to be locked down quickly and my bans need to go out rapidly before the person in question has a chance to react and potentially save stock.

Banning everything and sorting it through later is the only way to do this for larger operations. Back on live, it was against the rules to even share your account at all. We're more lenient here, but the bottom line is that when you guys share your account info you are taking a risk that something like this might happen. To be perfectly honest, we've had it suggested many times that in situations like these we just leave the accounts in question banned - something that is supported by server administration. It's by my own personal choice and unwillingness to punish people for someone else's mistake that I take the time to go through the ban appeals one by one and clear each account - but make no mistake, I do this on my own accord at the expense of my own personal time and energy, because I sympathize with those who were banned as a result of the Rmt'ers carelessness and lack of consideration for anyone but himself. Take some responsibility, Culprit - this is your fault, and yours alone that your friends, peers, and guild are now suffering.

For all of you innocent players who got swept up in this - I am truly sorry, and I will get to you all as quickly as possible. I'll be in the forum clearing innocent accounts for teh next hour or so.

As as side note, a few people made a good point - this is exactly what happened witth TMO - except the accounts that had only 1 or 2 logins ended up with a 2 week suspension as well.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

Should suspend those "innocents" also for 2 weeks. Stop being so nice!
Old 10-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Kobold

Go away Culprit and never come back, we don't need toxic scumbag like you on P99.

Former TMO / Aftermath - Retired from Blue
Deathproof Tete`de`Mort 60 Necro.
Jemora 60 Rog.
Sinitrose C`la`Crise 60 Sham.
Sheana Kanbake 60 War.
Yapas D`Lezard 60 Monk
Patate Creme`Fraiche 60 Wiz.
Gnolife Le'Roi'Soleil 60 Mag.
Bisou Frenchkiss 57 Clr.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jesus Christ culprit lol
lol Im kinda surprised too I mean people always said mean stuff about you culprit but you were always cool to me. Glad I never let you log on any of my accounts though! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Take it easy dude, I'm almost positive I'll see you in velious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 10-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...seeing Portsche sure didnt waste a single second on nuking my tmo forums account.
ftfy. Have a nice day.

Originally posted by Harrison: I repeat, what kind of pathetic pussy is too afraid to post on the forums under their character's name?
Closed Thread