Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe teachers that don't like their pay should become carpenters or something, and go screw off! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how does this improve education standards?
Old 04-27-2017, 11:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh yeah?

nah you're a retard
Exhibit A as proof that US education sucks. This is the best that libturds can come up with?
Last edited by Nilstoniakrath; 04-27-2017 at 11:37 PM..
Old 04-27-2017, 11:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exhibit A as proof that US education sucks. This is the best that libturds can come up with?
Click the arrow to see why this guy is full of shit.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:57 PM
Banned

guys right now im watching handmaidens tale and it really makes me want to puke when I think about daywolfs values
Old 04-28-2017, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..I think about daywolfs values
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2017, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

the left and right are in fact united in promoting the source of our failing education system and decaying culture: excessive individual liberty. on the left we see it in zealous defense of expression, in the idea that all ambition is equally praiseworthy and that society ought not discriminate between things. on the right we see it in the worship of independence, in the idea that a man alone is somehow virtuous by way of his solitude.

neither of these ideas are particularly productive in the minds of children. Regardless of the meaning parents attempt to impress upon them, the ideas are left to interpretation by undeveloped irrational minds under consultation of other undeveloped irrational minds. The result is a general abhorrence of authority, a "justifiable" disrespect for those who do not comply with one's own largely irrational preconceived notions of what ought be.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the left and right are in fact united in promoting the source of our failing education system and decaying culture: excessive individual liberty. on the left we see it in zealous defense of expression, in the idea that all ambition is equally praiseworthy and that society ought not discriminate between things. on the right we see it in the worship of independence, in the idea that a man alone is somehow virtuous by way of his solitude.

neither of these ideas are particularly productive in the minds of children. Regardless of the meaning parents attempt to impress upon them, the ideas are left to interpretation by undeveloped irrational minds under consultation of other undeveloped irrational minds. The result is a general abhorrence of authority, a "justifiable" disrespect for those who do not comply with one's own largely irrational preconceived notions of what ought be.
I actually agree for the most part.

In the past. Freedom was a huge improvement over government coordination at pretty much every endeavor except military and infrastructure. Just ease up the chains a bit and let the people do what they want.

The thing is, that only gets you so far...These days you need not just any government -- but smart government to coordinate things. Otherwise we will fall behind. And by we I mean the entire country -- but particularly the ordinary working people.

Too much freedom is a bad thing IMO. Humans tend to go to shit with complete freedom. The opposite of freedom is obligation in many ways. But whoever accomplishes much without feeling obligated?

Then there is the simple point that freedom defined negatively is meaningless. Free to join a pro Hockey Team doesn't matter unless you can get on the Hockey Team. It has to be in the context of people giving you the ability to be "free" to do what you want.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 04-28-2017 at 02:32 PM..
Old 04-28-2017, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too much freedom is a bad thing IMO.
You are F-ing nuts, count me out of your Borg Utopia.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What's wrong with independence? Freedom and liberty is part of what made the US so innovative. It's our rugged individualism that makes us so unique. Much of the world changing innovation has come out of the US over the past 200+ years.

Imagine the world w/o the innovative contribution of the US due to it's independence, you might imagine a 17th century world for the most part.

The left? The left in every country they control are welcoming in hoards of people (of a certain ideology pretending to be a religion) that have constantly tried to wipe them out for millennia. This ideology is no different than it was taught 1000 years ago as they never had their own reformation as Christian civilization of the West did - which then led to the US and our independence and our world changing innovations.

"Decaying culture" sounds more in line with that Muslim army the left is letting into their kingdoms, or more like exterminated culture. It's not about feelings or guesses, this is the tradition of history, which sadly the West is too dumb to remember. ...or just that some in the West want it that way, total annihilation. I think that more true than any explanation.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
the left and right are in fact united in promoting the source of our failing education system.
Absolutely, I feel there is little sense in saying "we should fix this or do this one way and not the other way"

Becuse Obama didnt do shit, in 8 years, couldn't do anything but increase military industrial complex budget and support amazing privacy constitutional infringing secret governance that we knew could be abused but nobody cared about until someone they dont like is in the white house.

Its all bullshit and both the left and the right are to blame, which is why i wont say, send the right to the war with the draft, Ill say, send collage graduates first. They were the ones that were supposed to use their privilege and educations to fix these systems and they made them worse.
Closed Thread