Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 06:07 PM
Orc

Default Returning player, need advice please!

Hi all,

I'm returning to project1999 after a long break (about 2 years). Logged in to my main, a level 30 Barbarian Shaman, and found myself in LFay at the Mistmoore zone line.

Is this the best place for me to be? Any safer and/or better spots that I could be doing? I often have only an hour or two to play, so I usually can't sit around LFG for too long. Any decent solo spots for a non-evil Shaman?

Also - any general tips I should know about since Velious was released?

Appreciate any and all advice. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2017, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Can go to South Karana and kill either gnolls or treeants
Old 04-27-2017, 05:54 AM
Fire Giant

Mistmoore can be nice if you play off hours. If not i would avoid it at all costs. South karana is nice (or paw) and 30 is actually a nice start for frontier mountains giants which can get you all the way up to 40 with some decent loot as well.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:10 AM
Kobold

Sol a is really good soloing for a lvl 30. Good money with the ore that drops. Id hang around in the bartenders room. Really good with like a rogue or a monk duo
Old 04-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Kobold

Another place of your up to adventuring out into Velious is at the bottom of Crystal Caverns there is spiders that drop some decent loot and silk. Then right near there is some Slags and these funky gem looking dude that drop vendor gems can make some killer plats... just my 10 cents welcome back to the server bud..
Old 04-27-2017, 09:53 AM
Banned

30-40 is really hard to beat at MM if you can get in the CE or a CY group
Old 04-27-2017, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

Sol A is where I went from 28-35 about, good exp, plus decent loot. Blocks of ore sell for 50p at the merchants
Old 04-27-2017, 09:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can go to South Karana and kill either gnolls or treeants
If you are looking for a good solo spot I would recommend the gnolls. Look up the split paw skin quest, between that and the mob exp you'll be doing nicely. Also depending on when you play you can usually put together a paw group or duo.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any decent solo spots for a non-evil Shaman?
The "Per-Level Hunting Guide" (linked in my signature) has about two hundred different places to solo (or duo, or whatever). While it's meant to be for every class, it was largely compiled by this non-evil Shaman, so I can guarantee it's got a lot of good places you can use.

Personally I'd second what Muggens and cubiczar said and recommend the gnolls outside Splitpaw followed by the gnolls right inside Splitpaw. The Tesch Val Scrolls quest give a nice XP bonus, and then once you get inside Splitpaw (which is usually deserted) you get the dungeon xp bonus on top.

Also I just love South Karana. It has vendors, it has Quillmane, it (often) has Enchanters who can breeze or clarity you, and if you die there's a much higher chance than most low-level zones that a cleric will be around (and even if they aren't, SK is only one zone away from NK, so they can easily port in).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-27-2017 at 09:27 PM..
Old 04-28-2017, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all,

I'm returning to project1999 after a long break (about 2 years). Logged in to my main, a level 30 Barbarian Shaman, and found myself in LFay at the Mistmoore zone line.

Is this the best place for me to be? Any safer and/or better spots that I could be doing? I often have only an hour or two to play, so I usually can't sit around LFG for too long. Any decent solo spots for a non-evil Shaman?

Also - any general tips I should know about since Velious was released?

Appreciate any and all advice. Thank you!
South karana is decent from 20 to 41.

It's good because you can log in and find solo mobs to kill quickly. Aviaks are great far south in the zone in their own little tree city, having a vendor barb shammies can buy/sell with at the very top.

My other piece of advice is roll an ogre shaman.

Frontal stun immunity is awesome, as they rarely get interrupted on their spell casting when facing mobs attacking them.

As you solo on your barb and get slammed/stunned over and over, just remember on every stun if you were an ogre none of these would occur.

If you don't want to be an ogre, consider troll. They also can use jaundiced bone armor clickies, but have the bonus of added natural health regen which stacks with fungi etc. Obviously downtime is reduced in between fights with the added regen boost trolls get.

Do not roll an iksar, unless you simply enjoy their gimpy aesthetics and do not care about using useful clickies like the JBB and other jaundiced armor pieces. Iksar also do not get slam like all the other shaman races.
Closed Thread