Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Kobold

Default druid "swarm" dots

arent these all supposed to stack? my creeping crud and stinging swarm refuse to stick after the patch last night =/
Old 03-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Kobold

Last I checked thats how it was on live
Old 03-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Consensus used to be that if they had a debuff component they would NOT stack but if it was straight damage they would stack.

My main classes on live weren't dotters so I have no idea how things were back in the day. Enchanter could not stack dots on live but our dots had debuff components.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consensus used to be that if they had a debuff component they would NOT stack but if it was straight damage they would stack.

My main classes on live weren't dotters so I have no idea how things were back in the day.
That was my recollection as well, if they were straight damage over time they would stack, debuff components wouldn't.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ighlight=stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Glad my druid is 50. Although now I wish I was more than 50% of the way through.

Mages will now level 3 times as fast as druids.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad my druid is 50. Although now I wish I was more than 50% of the way through.

Mages will now level 3 times as fast as druids.
It kind of evens out. Not using the extra 3 dots and just medding while you root rot, versus using 4 dots on each mob and having to meditate every few kills. Kills will definitely be slower but the downtime will be practically non-existent unless you/re nuking too.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Eh, I could swear I stacked dots as a druid back in the day before kunark was released.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

well you still can do fire+magic...

just not magic+magic+magic, It is a pretty big nerf, but you had to know it was coming.

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 03-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Dots of the same line did not stack back in classic. Best you could do was one drones line dot and one fire/debuff line dot. The highest level version overwriting what ever dot of the same line was already on the mob. If another character of higher level cast the same spell it would overwrite the lower level players dot as well.

Ex. lvl 59 casts winged death on Trakanon, then a level 60 would cast the same spell. The level 60's would overwrite the lvl 59 player, and the level 59 would not get their version to stack after that until the lvl 60's expired.

It was eventually changed some time after Velious (maybe Luclin) to allow additional dot stacks from different players. Ex. 2 winged deaths, 2 boil bloods.
Closed Thread