Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Aviak

Default custom small ui

is it possible to make the UI smaller? like really small. i happen to have a small screen that i play on with a tiny resolution and barely can see the main screen, just like classic...

but seriously is there a way to shrink the ui or just make smaller group window, target, etc
Old 04-17-2014, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

yes
Old 04-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Aviak

cool, i have never done any ui adjustments on eq. guess its time to get learning.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

its all done in XML

very good if you know what youre doing.

i recommend installing notepad++

from the sound of things it seems as though you are interested in making some very heavy modifications. i would advise to look at some sample mods that others have posted online so you can look at their notes. EQinterface is a great resource, though some of the classic mods are no longer hosted.

there are some user-created ui mods here in forums, but you will have to search. start here.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

also, be sure to back up your work because if there is a new patch there is a chance it will over-write what you have made.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

I don't want to start a new thread for this...

Is it possible to add a timer in the UI for the server tick? I remember they had that really early in WoW in one of the UI's I used.

I would love to be able to time sitting for mana.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

Yes it is possible. However it would not work like a clock displaying digits you would have to create an image that shrank and then reset to full (like a health bar). Well I guess you could create 6 images with each clock digit displayed. But I am pretty sure it can not update under the server tick, as in you wont be able to change the image every 1 second, it would be every 6 seconds, which would defeat the purpose of the timer. Anyways I know it's possible because i used a UI that had timers to use for buffs before buff timers were introduced. I dont have time to look up but the UI was created by a guy named Nizer, maybe it's still on eqinterface.com

*edit This reminds me of a UI i was working on a long time ago. I changed the /feedback window to eqatlas images for every zone so you could "/loadskin ecommons" or "/loadskin befallen" and then type /feedback to look at a map. Maybe ill dig it up or create a new one.
Last edited by surron; 04-17-2014 at 03:22 PM..
Old 04-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by surron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*edit This reminds me of a UI i was working on a long time ago. I changed the /feedback window to eqatlas images for every zone so you could "/loadskin ecommons" or "/loadskin befallen" and then type /feedback to look at a map. Maybe ill dig it up or create a new one.
that sounds pretty amazing, actually.