Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Default Trak/VS/Inny/CT/VS are the lines in the sand.

EQ is about loot, fact.

From reading the forums, it seems that these 5 mobs are why the server is still suspended.

I think your proposals need to address loot to move these negotiations further.

An example would be allowing "tier 2" guilds to put claim on these mobs epic items if the said "tier 1" guild doesn't have a main who needs it.

The loot gets split from the needs of the guilds.

All this requires is communication and not to be a douchebag.

The one thing these proposals have done is to allow communication lines to be established. So the last thing to clean up is douchebags, kick em out of guilds. Ban em, whatever. I have met so many great players and a select few douchebags that ruin the fun.

So deal with the douchebags, work out the loot from these mobs and move forward.

In my personal opinion I would LOVE TO SEE VARIANCE GO!!!! ...... but if people like the way things were, then this allows for business as usual and for loot to get distributed to people.

On a last note, the only reason this may not work would be because people only put in the work currently to get loot for their alts, well I think the original post from Rogean expresses that these are the people that need to share.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Aviak

The reasons why there is a problem with dividing "types" of raid content is largely because there is no guild that can be "typed".

Every guild has old players, and they all have new players. An excellent example that comes to mind is myself, and a friend I made who started on P99 with me... last summer. I'm in BDA, he's in TMO.

Both guilds have players who have been here since day one. Both guilds have players who need Epic content (Trak, VP, etc.), and regular raid content (Planar Gear, epics, etc). Sure, both have alts as well, it's what keeps the vets interested (and this is important).

Both guilds have different approaches to raiding... and here is the rub. The ONLY rub. Both guilds represent different approaches to raiding, approaches that some would like to classify as either "hardcore" or "casual". I haven't ready many (if any) posts that recognize that there are grey areas, "fuzzy" lines which you cannot draw, or "classify".

The reality is that all guilds are going to want access to all content.

What needs to be acknowledged and negotiated is some kind of fair rotation so that guilds with more firepower, experience, gear, etc. allow provisions for smaller, newer, under geared players to get a fair shot at the same content they have on what some would call "farm status".

That is what is happening, but some people are inappropriately classifying and quantifying types of players, guilds and content when this is just not the right approach.

Blue: (Inactive)
Pinoit Pumpie, Elleyne
<Bregan D'Aerth>

TAKProject: (Inactive)
Marshmallow Staypuffed, Pinoit, Pinot, Piia, Dahria, Freyja, Inaera, Naga, Bhut, Mata

Green: (Inactive)
Echofreya
<Black Lotus>

Formerly:
Babayaaga Danaeis, Ellyn Danaeis
~Xegony
Old 01-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

I don't care if it takes 6 months, TMO need to share [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All this requires is communication and not to be a douchebag.
sorry but you lost it right there pal
Old 01-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I thought TMO disban, did they reguild?
Old 01-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

Could there be an agreement that the minute Velious is released they become tier 2 mobs?
Old 01-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

Without bringing negotiations directly into this thread, I think it is important to acknowledge that these mobs loot is what needs to be hammered out and "shared" , people are not holding out for gore loot.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without bringing negotiations directly into this thread, I think it is important to acknowledge that these mobs loot is what needs to be hammered out and "shared" , people are not holding out for gore loot.
Tell that to bards.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

count vs twice
Old 01-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought TMO disban, did they reguild?
The guild tag was temporarily disbanded; the organization itself went nowhere.
Closed Thread