Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Fire Giant

Default Kaiaren bugged - still eating items for monk epic.

Hello,

Is Kaiaren still bugged? Last night I went to complete my monk epic to receive my Celestial Fists. After swimming to TD and handing my reference/robe of the whistling fists to Lhaeo, I received the 'Celestial Fists' book. When I went to turn in the book to Kaiaren (mad one by Sebilis), he ate my book. I hailed him, which he spoke to me, and went through the motions by saying "What Celestial fists" and got the normal text response. Once I handed him my book, I hit my feign death key, but nothing happened. Mad Kaiaren did not spawn and I didn't get attacked nor did I receive another text response. He just stood there and stared me back in the eyes as he ate my 'Celestial Fists' book.

I heard most people had issues during the final turn-in with True Form Kaiaren, but haven't really heard any issues with Mad Kaiaren. I'm 100% sure I did not do anything wrong, unless there is a level minimum for the final turn-in for the epic itself (which is still unknown, but I heard a <50 monk has completed it before). Can a dev get back to me on this if the quest is still bugged?

Thank You
Last edited by tekniq; 05-04-2012 at 09:14 AM..
Old 05-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

I had the same problem as a lvl 35 monk. I redid the robe and then completed the quest again at lvl 50. Your description of the bug is the exact same thing that happened to me.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

so mad kaiaren ate your stuff, not true form? I also have a petition thread up if any dev's get to see this message.
Last edited by tekniq; 05-04-2012 at 11:03 AM..
Old 05-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Kobold

If there is a level requirement for this turn in, the mob response to hails and quest text should reflect that with either different text (no idea what it would be) or just no response when you're not the required level.

Please advise or fix, thanks!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so mad kaiaren ate your stuff, not true form? I also have a petition thread up if any dev's get to see this message.
yeah, I never could give the book to true form of Kaiaren because mad form didn't give it back/attack me. I do have a petition thread as well. I should have posted here as well so that this wouldnt happen again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .

Like I said, your description of the bug is exactly what happened to me, at lvl 35.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

pretty much same thing happened to me. though I got my demon fangs eaten as well.
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazlazen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, I never could give the book to true form of Kaiaren because mad form didn't give it back/attack me. I do have a petition thread as well. I should have posted here as well so that this wouldnt happen again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .

Like I said, your description of the bug is exactly what happened to me, at lvl 35.
Yes, I have a petition up too. I really wasn't sure what the minimum level requirement was. I thought it was 50, but then I saw somewhere it was confirmed that it is not a lvl 50 requirement (someone mentioned they did it at 48) so I just assumed it could be done since I did not have any problems with the hand-ins at any other parts.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostprophets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty much same thing happened to me. though I got my demon fangs eaten as well.
How would you lose the demon's fang as well ? I'm curious.

The "celestial fists" book and the "book of the celestial fist" are 2 different items. Some people don't cycle the celestial fists book to the true form of kaiaren and then end up losing both their book and fang. This isnt a bug, this is how the quest should work.

What we're talking about is mad form of kaiaren not giving back "celestial fists" book. The only use of this turn in is to spawn the true form of kaiaren in order to receive the book of the celestial fists. I've heard many people making the mistake of not cycling the book to the true form of kaiaren before handing the fang, but this isn't what we're talking about here.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Banned

lol LP that's user error
Old 05-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Banned

most of the guides say minimum lvl of 51 or 52 for those final turn ins.
BUT, if the npc talks to you and goes thru the quest text, then it is pretty much saying you should be high enuff level (pretty much what schortt said).
Closed Thread