Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-24-2017, 06:51 PM
Large Rat

Default Ip exemption question.

First time ever posting just have a question. I got an ip exemption back in 2014 and have now moved an my fiancee and I would like to play a little on the weekend's would the exemption still be good I just don't want to get my accounts banned. I saved the original emails too just in case. Any info would be great thank you.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

You can test it by having both of you log in at the same. If you can, you still have the exemption. Without the exemption, the one logging in second wouldnt be able to get into the game

Only scenario where a ban would happen is if one person is logging into two accounts at the same time
Old 09-24-2017, 07:49 PM
Large Rat

Ok cool thank you for the info we are installing the game on her new lap top now will check it out soon thanks again.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:10 PM
Orc

also, if you worded the post "we moved" and "We" don't want to get "Our" accounts banned, then a GM who reads these posts would have less reason to do an in-game boxing check....
Old 09-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Large Rat

Ok thanks for that Casteel I didn't think about that we are having problems getting the emulator to work on her laptop I don't remember what all to download we are trying to get it up an going but it's a slow process lol.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
... we are having problems getting the emulator to work on her laptop I don't remember what all to download we are trying to get it up an going but it's a slow process lol.
Feodor, you should just be able to copy your EQ folder from the working machine to the laptop. Change the shortcut if the paths are not the same and be up and running. There is a chance you'll have to rename / remove the eqclient.ini file, but it should be recreated upon launch.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 09-25-2017, 05:31 PM
Large Rat

Ok thank you for the info Ashintar we will try that tonight.