Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Default Iksar Monk Shackle quest - available?

I read through the iksar monk shackle quest, and it appears you can work the quest series up to the 6th bracer, the Shackle of Steel. Is this accurate?

***I thought it would be a nice item to work on, seeing it has 5MR on it with fair stats overall.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:44 AM
Fire Giant

One of the best Lore monks quest, that they linked to a new weapon that not sure if it will ever arrive as i believe it entered after Luclin.

Quote:
Updated 20 Feb 2002, 12:51pm, CST

Ok, as of the last patch, there has been some rather interesting changes with monks, namely, this mysterious "Whistling Fists" quest, that I believe is an alternate epic, focused on Iksar, however, Human monks can do it as well. I am picking this up from after you get the Shackle of Steel, since they have changed the shackle quests so Humans can complete them, but I will be repeating those quests soon enough.

Current information:
* Shackle of Rock -> Shackle of Tynnonium
* Whistling Fists

For humans interested in raising faction with Cabilis, I will not include my own faction quest info, rather, follow this link:

pub13.ezboard.com/fpaladinsofnorrathtomesofknowledge.showMessage?top icID=42.topic

---
Brief Synopsis:

I Shackle of Dust
Method 1: Turn in newbie note to Grand Master Glox.
Method 2: Multiquest Shackle of Dust in the Shackle of Stone.
Method 3: Pennance Quest.

II Shackle of Clay
A) Sabertooth Cub Canine: off Sabertooth Cubs in The Lake of Ill Omen.
B) Goblin Scout Beads: off Goblin Scouts in The Lake of Ill Omen or Warslik's Woods.
C) Skipping Stone: off Froglok Skippers in The Swamp of No Hope.
D) Large Scorpion Pincer: off Large Scorpions in The Field of Bone.

III Shackle of Stone
A) Bandit Mask: off Iksar Bandits in The Field of Bone.
B) Bandit Mask: off Iksar Bandits in The Field of Bone.

IV Shackle of Rock
Fist One: off a Sarnak Courier in The Lake of Ill Omen.
Fist Two
A) Excavators Claws: off Burynai Excavators in Kurn's Tower and The Field of Bone.
B) Intact Brutling Choppers: off a Skulking Brutling in Warslik's Woods.
C) Sparring Gloves: off Goblin Pit Fighters in Warslik's Woods.
D) Torn Sash: off A Young Ronin in South Ro or Oasis.
Fist Three
A) A Withered Finger 3": off A Fingered Skeleton in Kurn's Tower.
B) A Withered Finger 3.2" (I think that's the name): off A Fingered Skeleton in Kurn's Tower.
C) A Withered Finger 2.4" (I think that's the name): off A Fingered Skeleton in Kurn's Tower.
D) A Withered Finger 4.1" (I think that's the name): off A Fingered Skeleton in Kurn's Tower.

V Shackle of Copper
A) Outlander's Head: off Kwinn the Outlander in Firona Vie.

VI Shackle of Bronze
A) Radiant Meteorite: Foraged in Burning Woods.
B) Frontier Fools Gold: Foraged in Frontier Mountains.
C) Petrified Redwood: Foraged in Warslik's Woods or droped off Cactus-things in Overthere.
D) Rile's Sand Coin: Foraged in Timorous Deep.
E) Sulfur Stone: off Drolvarg Scavengers in Firona Vie.
F) Fragment of Tektite: give 2 Carnelians to Tektite in Overthere.
G) Plains Pebble: Foraged in the Karanas.
H) Jade Magma: off Burynai Miners in Frontier Mountains.
I) Heart of Ice: off Icebone Skeletons in The Lake of Ill Omen.
J) Unholy Coldstone: off A Goblin Priest in Permafrost.

VII Shackle of Steel
The Nickle Key: off A Coerced Penkeeper in Dalnir.
The Copper Key: off A Goblin Interrogator in Droga.

VIII Shackle of Tynnonium
Trial of Patience: Kill "Rinmark" in Timorous Deep (not "Grand Master Rinmark" or "Master Rinmark") after initiating quest with "an iksar master"
Trial of Agility: Kill "Master Glox" in Cabilis (one-on-one) after initiating quest with "Grand Master Glox".
Trial of Peace of Mind: Give Shackle of Steel to "a tome keeper"
A) Dim White Tome: Item from froglok town in the Swamp of No Hope; return it + the tome to Master Bain.
B) Dark Black Tome: "skyfire pumace" in Skyfire; return it + tome to Prime Hierophant Vek.
C) Faded White Tome: subquest for Mechanical Tail; return it + tome to Master Raska.
1) Sabertooth Tiger Mane: off Sabertooth Tigers in Lake of Ill Omen.
2) Intact Pygmy Brute Choppers: off A Pygmy Skulking Brute in Warslik's Woods.
3) A Lime Plume: off a Stoneglint Cockatrice in the Overthere.
4) A Skeleton Fist: off a Warboned Skeleton in Lake of Ill Omen.
D) Greyed Tome: "a worn metal ring" from Karnor's Castle; return it + the tome to Master Niska.
E) Pale White Tome: "a woven vine basket" from City of Mist; return it + the tome to Master Bain.
F) Pure White Tome: "a sealed tome" from Nurga; return it + the tome to Master Raska.
G) Light Black Tome: "chokadai scale" from Chardok; return it + the tome to War Baron Eator.
H) Light Grey Tome: "kromdul bracelet" from Frontier Mountains; return it + the tome to Master Niska.
I) Solid Black Tome: "frozen soulstone" from the Dreadlands; return it + the tome to Prime Hierophant Vek.
J) Dark Grey Tome: "sarnak hide" from Dalnir; return it + the tome to War Baron Eator.

The Whistling Fists

I Gandan Tailfist in Howling Stones - hail him and give Shackle of Tynnonium (returned).

II Cazic-Thule in the Plane of Fear - use dialog given to initiate "conversation" for quest.

III The original fists, which have no power: off "a fallen monk" in Sebilis - give Shackle of Tynnonium (not returned) to initiate.

IV The Flute of Zan Fi: off Brother Balatin in Dreadlands - turn both notes into Master Raska to get flute. give to Brother Balatin in Dreadlands to initiate fight.
A) First half of torn note: from Iksar Bandits in Field of Bone.
B) Second half of torn note: from Iksar Bandits in Field of Bone.

V The remains of Grand Master Tynn: off Zhaoku in Trakanon's Teeth - make stupendous tome, give that + crusader coffin to Crusader Vragor to spawn Zhaoku.
A) The Stupendous Tome
Scroll I: Kaesora Temple in the field of bone - the "failed crypt raider" drops scroll number I
Scroll II: This scroll can be found in the City of Mist on a spectral courier
Scroll III: same as II
Scroll IV: same as II
Scroll V: off "a dark librarian" in Castle Mistmoore or off "normal mobs" in City of Mist.
Scroll VI: off "an ass't dark librarian" in Castle Mistmoore or off "normal mobs" in City of Mist.
* bone key: from Droga
* bone necklace key: from Droga
* stone key: from Droga
* bronze key: from Droga - note, you don't need to turn this in, it only helps getting to him.

VI The remains of Zan Fi
A) A vial of Human blood: off the bandits in the Karanas (or the non-iksar ones from Field of Bone).
B) A Jade Inlaid Coffin: the large unstackable kind.
C) An essence emerald: Necromancers make these when they sacrifice someone.
D) A Vial of Clear mana: made by enchanters.

VII Cazic-Thule in the Plane of Fear - give both books + filled bag to recieve Whistling Fists.

---

The full Quest:

I Shackle of Dust
Give your newbie note to Grand Master Glox. He gives you this shackle. You may like to put it in the bank untill level 7, incase you die, and it decays on your corpse.

If you don't have the note any more, are repeating your quest, or are a human, then you have two options:

1) Multiquest
Have someone make a newbie monk, and do the Shackle of Dust. You do the Shackle of Clay quest, as explained below, and then get the 2 bandit masks as per the Shackle of Stone. Newbie monk turns in Shackle of Dust, and afterwards you turn in the Shackle of Clay and 2 masks.

{B] 2[/b]) Pennance quest
You say, 'Hail, Master Niska'

Master Niska bows with elegance and grace. You can see her arms rippling with muscles. 'Greetings. We are the Swifttails. We are the harnessers of the elements. We are the tails of discipline. To achieve rebirth into our caste is a great honor indeed. We can be identified by our adornments. You should display that which we have given you to adorn your arms with pride. You do have your bracer, correct? '

You say, 'no'

Master Niska says ''You dare disgrace us?' She hisses at you. 'If you have truly lost the marking of our caste, you will need to take this note and speak to the Toilmaster immediately. Read it on the way and praise the will of Cazic-Thule.' '

Gives: a ragged book
NO DROP
Wt: 0.1

Text inside:
The will of Cazic-Thule is strong.
The route to Cazic-Thule is through strength of the Brood.
The Brood is the living instrument of Cazic-Thule.
Your lack of discipline is an assault on the well-being og the Brood.
You have shown weakness in your inability to fulfill your destiny as a member of the Brood.
You have defied the will of Cazic-Thule.
Your fate will be decided by the grace of Cazic-Thule. Please prepare yourself.
Your weakness warrents your destruction.
Only our belief in your ability to reclaim your place as a member of the Brood, a seed of Cazic-Thule, keeps you from that destruction at this time.
You will be allowed to pay a pennance for your defiance of the destiny that Cazic-Thule has chosen for you.
Please find the Toilmaster when you are prepared to begin that penance.
May Cazic-Thule find a use for your rechid flesh and allow you to continue on.

Ok, so in other words - you've been bad. You shouldn't have lost your shackle (or newbie note), so we are sending you on a really annoying quest.

The Toilmaster spawns and is usually at 820, -25, in East Cabilis, near the Soulbinder and the Bank, in some ruins. If he's not there, check the building next door.

You say, 'Hail, The Toilmaster'
The Toilmaster says 'Do not bother me unless you wish to join the chain gang. Now go away or I shall have my slaves chop you as they chop this granite! '

Give him the book.

The Toilmaster looks at the tome and speaks to you, scowling, 'Very well, broodling, I have a task for you. I should make you work at the feet of my froglok slaves, crushing granite, but the lore of the brood has a specific rite for this situation. Take this book and learn the will of Cazic-Thule. Read it and ask me any questions you may have before you start your penance. It would be a shame for you to fail at this task as well... though I wouldn't mind destroying you.' '

Gives: Rights of Exhoneration
NO DROP
Wt: 0.1

Text inside:
"Understand...
The will of Cazic-Thule is through the strength of the Brood.
The Brood is the living instrument of Cazic-Thule.
You have disgraced the Brood.
The soil at the glorious feet of Cazic-Thule shall be fed with your ground bones and worthless flesh, lest you prove yourslef during the period of your penance.
The Rite of Exhoneration.
You will need several items to assist you in the completion of your penance.
Contact the Toilmaster and ask for the Hammer of Exhoneration.
Carry this tool with you. It will teach you discipline, patience, and focus.
It will strengthen your weak mind and weak will.
Use it to shatter the bones of those that might oppose the Brood. It will return you to the grace of Cazic-Thule.
The Toilmaster will also give you the bag that you will need to complete your penance.
You will need to ask him for it. Do not forget this step. Failure to follow directions is what brought you to this rite. Do not make the mistake of erring again.
Seek out the Mortition and ask for a mortar and pestle. You will need to use these two tools to grind the bone fragments that you retrieve from our enemies. Fill the mortar completely and then grind the bones into fine powder. You should praise the will of Cazic-Thule while you grind the bones.
Take the bone powder and place it into the Penance bag, and praise the unerring will of Cazic-Thule. As you fill the bag with bone powder, leave just enough room for one flask's worth of blood water. This will keep the bone powder together and withing the bag.
Know the will of Cazic-Thile and you will know the will of the Brood.
Once the bag is completely full, lock the hasp on the bag and return it and this tome to the representitive of your guild that sent you.
They will decide the sincerity and strength of your will.
Should you be allowed back into the mind of our Lord of Fear, you should praise the might of the Brood and the glorious will of Cazic-Thule."

You say, 'I need the hammer of exoneration'

The Toilmaster hands you a massive hammer and says, 'So, you can read. Good for you. Don't think that you're going to make an impression on me with that rubbish. Let's see if you can handle this hammer like you can that book, whelp.' '

Gives: Hammer of Exoneration
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 60
Damage: 4
Effect: Bone Shatter (Combat)
Wt: 25.0 Size: LARGE
Class: WAR SHD MNK SHM NEC BST
Race: HUM BAR TRL OGR IKS VAH

You say, 'I need the bag'

The Toilmaster turns his head to focus on you and hands you a dusty bag. He then returns to looking into the distance, just over your left shoulder. '

The morition that is talked about is in West Cabilis, in a building next to the Necromancer's Guild, at 170, 670, 17. he is upstairs in the building, and is an iksar skeleton. Make sure you have good necromancer guild faction before attempting this part.

Gives: Penance Bag
Container: CLOSED
LORE ITEM NO DROP
Wt: 3.0 Weight Reduction: 0%
Capacity: 8 Size Capacity: MEDUIM
You say, 'Hail, a mortician'

a mortician stares at you with hollow eye sockets. As he opens his jaw to speak, you are overcome by the foul smell of a thousand rotted corpses. 'What is your desire, master?' '

You say, 'I need a mortar and pestle'

a mortician moves with a mixture of creaks and clicks and produces a grotesque looking mortar and pestle set. He places the items in your hands and motions indicating you dismissal. You can feel the vile power of your god moving throughout the material that makes up the two items. '

Gives:
Grotesque Mortar and Pestle
LORE ITEM NO DROP
Wt: 3.0 Weight Reduction: 0%
Capacity: 8 Size Capacity: TINY

So, you end up with probably one of the worst weapons in the game, on one of the most annoying quests there is. Go attack things with the hammer, the proc summons something that looks like bone chips, non-stackable, on your mouse cursor, you fill the mortar with these things, click combine to make powder, and fill all but 1 slot in the bag with these powders. get 1 flask of blood water, and add it to the bag, click combine, then return the combined bag, and book, to Master Niska. your reward is your Shackle of Dust.

Hammer procs, summons: Bone Fragment, NO DROP, Wt. 0.1

8 Bone Fragments combined in Mortar makes: Powdered Bone, NO DROP, Wt. 0.1

Note - with 129 Dex, hammer procs between 0 and 3 times in a fight with the skellys in Kurn's, at level 51.

Combined bag is: Filled Penance Bag: MAGIC ITEM, LORE ITEM, NO DROP, Wt. 4.0

Turning in the book and the filled bag results in the following:

Master Niska takes the bag and tome from you and in return gives you the item that you have been thinking of all of this time. Lucky, you... you have earned a second chance. Praise Cazic-Thule! '

Your faction standing with Swift Tales got better.
Your faction standing with Legion Of Cabilis could not possibly get any better.

Item gained: Shackle of Dust
LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: WRIST
AC 2
Wt: 0.8 Size: SMALL
Class: MNK
Race: HUM IKS

II Shackle of Clay

This quest starts in the Court of Pain, with Master Raska

You say, 'Hail, Master Raska'
Master Raska says 'Hmmph!! Expect to be a great master such as I? Maybe. You still appear to be a [whiff]. '

You say, 'what is a whiff'

Master Raska says 'A whiff is the sound of a tail striking air. A whiff is you. Inexperienced. I can help you. If you [want to earn the second shackle]. '

You say, 'I want to earn the second shackle'

Master Raska says 'Then you shall perform the first rite. Take this pack. To the Outlands you will go. You will fill and combine the pack with one of each of the following - goblin scout beads, a large scorpion pincer, a froglok skipper skipping stone and a sabertooth cub canine. Return the full first rite pack and you shall prove yourself a monk. '

Gives: First Rite Pack
LORE ITEM NO DROP
Wt: 2.0 Weight Reduction: 0%
Capacity: 4 Size Capacity: SMALL

Put in the following items:

A) Sabertooth Cub Canine NO DROP, Stackable, 0.2 Wt.
These drop in the Lake of Ill Omen, near Cabilis off of Sabertooth Cubs. They are usually around level 5, since these spawn about the same place where the Goblin Scouts do in Lake of Ill Omen, you can get both at the same time.

B) Goblin Scout Beads NO DROP, Slot: NECK, AC 1, 0.5 Wt.
These drop from low level Goblin Scouts that spawn just outside of Cabilis in both the Lake of Ill Omen, and Waslik's Woods. They should only be around level 4, so take a couple minutes, head to one of those zones, and kill youself a goblin scout.

C) Skipping Stone: Slot: RANGE, 1/35 Thrown weapon, Range 200, 0.5 Wt.
This tiny range weapon drops off Froglok Skippers, a fairly common spawn in the Swamp of No Hope, near Cabilis, I had them regularly spawning in an area you reach by following the road, and when it crosses the water, cross to the other side, they are most frequently around the pedistals in that area.

D) Large Scorpion Pincer, NO DROP, 1.0 Wt.
These drop off Large Scorpions, which are level 6ish. They are in the Field of Bone, I found them most frequently where the sand meets the grass on the ground, between the Warslik's Woods zone and Cabilis.

Combined, makes: Full First Rite Pack, LORE ITEM, NO DROP, 4.2 Wt

Master Raska says 'You have succeeded, young Rolthenjr! You have proven yourself a skilled monk. You will now wear the shackle of clay. You will now be required to increase your intensity of training in hopes that you may soon be able to earn your [shackle of stone]. '

You gain experience!!
You receive 4 gold from Master Raska.

Results in: Shackle of Clay
LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: Wrist
AC: 3
Wt: 0.8 Size: SMALL

III Shackle of Stone

This quest also starts with Master Raska:

You say, 'what shackle of stone'

Master Raska says 'Interested in the shackle of stone are we? They are made for monks who have earned their first two shackles and are ready to climb up to the next rung. A monk who feels he is ready to wear the shackle of stone must first [perform the task of cleansing]. '

You say, 'I will perform the task of cleansing'

Master Raska says 'Go forth to the outer gates and seek out the Iksar bandits. They have refused to bow to the will of the empire and shall pay dearly for their traitorous ways. They often wear bandit masks. If you return with two bandit masks and the shackles of dust and clay then I shall reward you with the shackle of stone. '

The Iksar Bandits are in he Field of Bone, Pit area, right side as you come from Cabilis. You need 2 masks at this point, to continue. I would also strongly recommend you get the two halves of the torn note from these bandits as well, because you can turn them into Master Niska to get a flute, that is needed later when completing the Whistling Fists, explained below.

Turning in the masks and your two shackles results in:

Master Raska says 'You will get nothing until I hold two bandit masks and the shackles of dust and clay. '
Master Raska says 'You will get nothing until I hold two bandit masks and the shackles of dust and clay. '
Master Raska says 'You have done supremely, Rolthenjr. You have earned your shackle of stone. Mistress Niska will now help you on your way to earning the shackle of rock. May the elements guide you to the next rung. '

You gain experience!!
You receive 4 gold from Master Raska.

Reward: Shackle of Stone
LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: Wrist
AC: 4
Wt: 0.5 Size: SMALL

IV Shackle of Rock
Note : You can start this quest whenever you like, but I found Feign Death was nessesary before I could finish it.

Talk to Master Niska in the Court of Pain about the Shackle of Rock, and she tells you that she will give you the shackle if you bring her back the fists of Talon Southpaw, one of the greatest, fastest, strongest, Iksar Monks who ever lived. You may want to buy the book about Tallon from the Court Chronicler if you have not already, and go ask the Bar keep in the Tink and Babble about him. Seems he was almost impossibly-fast with that left hand. Here's the catch ; he had two left hands, explaining his lightning speed. Time to get those fists.

Fist One
Dropped off a Sarnark Courier in the Lake of Ill Omen
If possible, get a ranger, or higher level Druid or Bard, to try and track him for you. He is around level 12 - 15, easy to kill, and spawns around the ruins near the Firiona Vie river in the Lake of Ill Omen.

Fist Two
You are not the first Monk to look for Talon's fists. Another one, a greater Master, has ended up in the Timorous Deep, after searching many years for the fist. The Iksar Master has the 2nd fist. He is on an island, near raptor island, on a mountain; approx location is 5000, 3000. He is called "an iksar master". his real name is Rinmark, and you will become very, very familiar with him as you progress through the shackle quests. Before he will hand the fist to to you, you must bring four items back to him, placed and combined in a bag he gives you. Don't worry about getting the bag yet, we'll do that later. The four items are:

A) Excavators Claws
This drops off Burynai Excavators in Kurn's Tower, and in the Pit. Excavators are fairly easy for their level. Around 16ish.

B) Intact Mandible
This drops of Skulking Brutling, in Warsilks Woods. Around level 12, easy kill. Drop is semi-rare though, it may take awhile.

C) Sparring Gloves
These drop off Goblin Pit Fighters, a semi- rare spawn in Warsilks Woods. Get this after the Mandible. Head to any set of Goblin ruins and kill everything that spawns (you may need some help for this) untill you get the Pit fighter.

D) Torn Sash
Ok, there is an easy way to do this part, and there is a hard way. I will have both listed.

First, the hard way:
These are semi-rare spawns in the sandy-section of South Ro, they are PH's for the AC. Here, find (you may need track again) a Young Ronin and kill them. They are slightly more powerful than a Derv, and you may need help. They are a semi-rare spawn, and wander around the desert part of the zone. Kill them and take their torn sash.

Second, the easy way:
Go to Oasis, camp the dervish camps there, "a young ronin" spawns at those camps, kill it, and take sash. This is easier, cause you don't need to hunt around to find them.

Fist Three
The third fist is held by the Skeleton that the Great Oowomp will summon if you give him five gold. The Great Oowomp is on the Ogre Island, where the boats stop in Timorous. Here is the catch though, the hand is only the thumb. The thumb is a container, in which you must place and combine, his fingers. His fingers, named 'A Withered Finger X', where X is a length, drop off the Fingered Skeleton in Kurns. I hope you hunted here and managed to pick some up. Camp the Fingered Skeleton untill you have all four fingers.

Note : If you have a high level enchanter friend, you can just get him to charm the Ogre and the skeleton. That makes it about 1000x times easier to do the quest, but not all of us have a high level enchanter friend, eh?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now you have some choices. Take the boat back to Overthere, or, if you have balls, swim to the Firepo(r)t room, and take the Cabilis teleport home, to give in the fists and get your Shackle of Rock!

V Shackle of Copper
Quick synopsis - kill Kwinn the Outlander in Firona Vie, take head, plus two current shackles, turn into Master Niska to get Shackle of Copper.

VI Shackle of Bronze
This quest originates in Cabilis, but has more involvement with "an iksar master" in the Timorous Deep.

In order to initiate the quest, go to Master Niska (in Cabilis, located near Master Glox) and state that "I will be your personal courier." She will hand you a Tin Box which weighs 8 pounds, and request that you take it to Master Rinmark, who in fact identifies as "an iksar master." Master Rinmark is located on the chess-board island in the Timorous Deep. He stands meditating atop a mountain peak on the island (you should have no problem finding him as the island is quite small).

Once the Tin Box is handed in to "an iksar master" (Master Rinmark) the following reaction will be triggered:

"An Iksar master opens the box to reveal a variety of pebbles. How grand!! My pebbles!! Now I can continue with my rock garden!! Would you please [assist old Rinmark in completing this rock garden]?"

You say : "I will assist old Rinmark in completing his rock garden"

"An iksar master pours the pebbles from the box into his pocket and hands it to you. Take my box, Fill and combine within my box the following: a Radiant Medeorite, Frontier Fools Gold, Petrified Redwood, Rile's Sand Coin, Sulfur Stone, Fragment of Tektite, Plains Pebble, Jade Magma, Heart of Ice and an Unholy Coldstone. Return the Full Tin Box to me and I shall reward you with a Shackle of Bronze."

The components are easy. This will probably be one of the most tedious and boring quests you will ever do.

A) Radiant Meteorite
Foraged in the Burning Woods. Took me about 2 hours.

B) Frontier Fools Gold
There are indeed 2 different forageable gold nuggets. Our desired nugget is will identify as Frontier Fools Gold. The one we DON'T want and WILL NOT combine in the box is Genuine Gold Nugget.

C) Petrified Redwood
Two ways to get this - forage it in Warslik's Woods (stay kinda near Cabilis for it) or it is a random drop from the cactus-things in Overthere.

D) Rile's Sand Coin/
Some more foraging, stay in Timorous Deep and kill raptors or something, this one took me a long time.

E) Sulf
These drop from Drolvarg Scavengers. Scavengers can be found roaming the middle of the zone. Walk straight outwards once you zone in from Lake of Ill Omen. They're really known as "Scarlet Stones," but with the identify spell these are indeed Sulfur Stones.

F) Fragment of Tektite
Pick up 2 carnelian gems. Grab a friend to cast the invisibility spell on you. At the entrance to the evil outpost (coming in from overthere) you will see two gargoyles. Run into the tunnel with invisibility and at the other end of the tunnel will appear two more gargoyles, with one of having the name "Tektite." He wants a replacement for his eyes, and seeks two Carnelian gems. Run up behind him, feign, and hit sneak until it works. Get back up (DO NOT HAIL HIM) and hand him the two gems in seperate slots. You will receive a piece of "Tektite."

G) Plains Pebble
Again, more foraging. head to the karanas for this. I got mine in south karana. practiced safe fall and bandaging using krak windchaser, and the aviak tower. Good deal I guess.

H) Jade Magma
Kill burynai miners in Frontier Mountains. My first kill yielded a Jade Magma.

I) Heart of Ice
In Lake of Ill Omen, these drop from the undead "Ice bone skeletons" near the lake shore.

J) Unholy Coldstone
In permafrost caverns, a goblin priest will drop them. Priests are random common spawns deeper inside permafrost. I got mine in the Preacher room.

This quest is long, tedious, but well worth the reward, a Shackle of Bronze. AC and magic resistance in one bracer.

VII Shackle of Steel
Due to the last part of the quest, I'd suggest you be 50+ to do this quest by yourself or 45+ to do it with a group. I'm sure it can be done at lower levels, but it might be more trouble than it's worth at the moment.

Anyway, onto the quest. This one starts in Timorous Deep with Master Rinmark (the "iksar master" on chessboard island). If you finish his rock collection (for the previous Shackle), he will automatically begin the quest. This brings me to the prerequisites for the quest. You will need BOTH your Shackle of Copper and your Shackle of Bronze for this quest. If you don't have them, get them. Then approach Master RInmark and ask him "who student" or "where is the student"... one of those will give you a response and a "part of a large key." It is a two slot container

Ultimately, this container will need to be filled with "a copper key" and "a nickel key."

The Nickle Key
The Nickel Key is easy to get, it just takes time. If you mull around the third floor of Dalnir for a while, you'll come across "a goblin penkeeper" Swat 'im! He'll drop the key you need. I've seen him in two places on the third floor. If you take the southern branch of the four way hall after you drop into the third floor, you will hit a room with three pillars. This is where I killed him. Another place he's spawned is in the "crusader room" (see EQ Atlas for details). After getting your Nickel Key, toss it into your "part of a large key" and head to Droga.. /em shiver.

The Copper Key
Droga is not a fun place for ANYONE. I'd suggest you head down there with a few items first. Potions are the key to this portion of the quest. Before you step foot in Droga, be smart and equip yourself with two or three Invis potions (13pp give or take at the potion vendor in Cabilis) and a shrink potion (20pp give or take from your favorite Shammy). If you don't get these potions, you will probably die in Droga and you will probably have on heck of a CR ahead of yourself. There is one more element to this trip that is recommended. A porter.. druid or wizzy, it doesn't matter. It is highly preferable to be able to get out with a click of a button instead of running around aimlessly thru the halls with Ht'ing mosstroopers and backstabbing slinkers on your tail. The porter is optional, but after doing this all solo, I'd give my arm for one.

You will need a map too... head to the jail area of Droga. In the Inner Sanctum (as described by EQ Atlas), there are two ways into the jail. One is by keys and the other is by a pit. For this run, I'd suggest you fall down into the pit. MAKE SURE YOU ARE INVISSED BEFORE YOU FALL DOWN THE PIT.

Once you fall, you'll find yourself in a jail cell. If you face the door of the cell, to your right will be a secret passage (it looks like a wall, just walk through it) and on the other side, you will be in another cell with a busted down door. Also in this cell is the "goblin interrogator." He is your target. Look out for adds as you engage him... pin him to the wall and try not to let him run. There are goblins all over the place! Green to me at 51, he is a very nasty Necro-type who loves to slap DoTs and Nukes onto you. Word of warning. He has a damage shield!!! So be careful how you take him down, because his DS alone will bring you down a few bubbles if you use low delay weapons. I'd suggest you bring along your favorite 2hb and whack at him with that. You may have to FD and try him a few times before you can catch him without his DS up. Patience, Grasshopper...

Once you have him waxed, loot the "Copper Key" off of him and put it in the key container. Hit the "combine" button and viola. You have the key to unlock the shackles of the Iksar slave.

I saved the Droga part for last because now the rest of this quest is a cakewalk. It just so happens that the "student" that Rinmark was mumbling about is in a cell right here in Droga! Suck down a shrink potion now while you're at a safe spot and drink another invis potion. If you head out of the cell with the broken down door and turn left, you will see a cell across the jail from you. Duck and move in between the bars of that cell. In this cell, you should see some sort of Iksar. If you see "a crazed Iksar," just FD and wait for him to poof. If you see any other sort of Iksar, drop your invis, hail him, and ask him "Are you Veltar?"

If he doesn't respond with "An iksar slave's soiled face shines with a glint of hope. 'You know my name? Who has [sent] you to find me?'", do NOT hand him the key you have just combined. He isn't Veltar, and he will take your key and you will have to do it over again! If he responds as stated, then I'd suggest you finish the conversation with "Master Rinmark sent me." Let him talk some more and ask "Where is the coppernickel key?" He'll rant some more, but you're a step ahead of him. You have the coppernickel key in your hands. Now you can hand him the COMBINED key (make sure it's combined), the Shackle of Copper, and the Shackle of Bronze. He will then give you his Shackle of Steel and all you have to worry about is leaving.

From this point, if you have a porter, just evac out. If not, you can re-invis, duck in between the cell bars and leave Droga normally. That part is up to you... at least you'll have your Shackle of Steel on your corpse if the goblins get you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .

The Reward for this Quest is: The Shackle of Steel-- Monk only... 9ac 5str 5sta 5sv magic. Not a bad piece of equipment for not having to do an uber raid!

NOTE: This is how I did it, as well as other monks. This method isn't guaranteed because you take shortcuts. However, I got my shackle doing just what I said. With the bugs in the game and the wonderful recognition of the NPC's, there's always the chance that it won't work. You'll just have to take that chance....

VIII Shackle of Tynnonium
This Shackle quest starts in Timorous Deep, with Master Rinmark, a.k.a. "an iksar master" (boy for a loner, he really is important, huh?

You say "what whistling fists?"

an Iksar Master says, "The Whistling Fists are rumored to be magical instruments of destruction which can only be wielded by monks. The founder, Supreme Master Tynn, was the only lizard to ever gaze upon the weapon. He only spoke of it to his student Marthor. Marthor rarely spoke of it and when he did it was usually after a few flagons of Trog Brew. That is why many consider it to be babble."

Buy 4 Trog Brews from the Tink n' Babble in East Cabilis.

Marthor is in West Cabilis, in the catacombs past the forbidden scribe, at loc neg 348, neg 116.

You say, "Hail Marthor".

Marthor hiccups and breathes drunken breath in your face saying, Leave me be, can't you see that I am meditating or something?

Give him the 4 Trog Brews, not stacked.

Marthor says "Ha! How did you know my favorite drink? Master Rinmark told you? That crazy old monk spends his days sitting on that mountain in Timorous Deep doesn't he? And they call me a drunkard! Anyhow, I bet he told you about the Whistling Fists. I have never seen them myself, and have only heard legend passed down by Master Tynn."

You say, "who is Master Tynn?"

Marthor says 'Supreme Master Tynn was the only one that has even seen the weapon. I do not know its origin. I tell you though, you would need to be as powerful as he was to be able to wield the weapon. Only an Iksar of the last rung would be able to use it, come back and show me you have earned your Tynnonium Shackle and I will discuss with you what I know.

You say, "What Tynnonium Shackle?"

Marthor says 'Veltar was one with the ways of Tynn. He did return to Cabilis, I know you have rescued him from his cell. He has traveled afar to clear his mind of his torture in the mines. He did not say where his travels would take him. You will have to find him once more and ask him about the Tynnonium Shackle he still wears. '

--

Veltar, the iksar you freed to get the shackle of steel, has been busy. He did not return to Cabilis like he claimed, rather, he went out, levelled about 30 times, and now is running amok in Dreadlands offing many innocents... (that may have been fixed). He is on the Swifttail's faction.

He is located on the far ruins, northeast of Karnor's Castle. He is on the roof, levitate is good at this point, I do not know if you can climb the walls, since I saw him trying to get back up after single-handedly wiping out all the groups along the eastern wall of Karnor's Castle.

You say, 'what tynnonium shackle'

Veltar says 'So it is the one who has freed me before! You seek the ways of Tynn, I see. You must be on the true path of the monk to accomplish what is needed. The path will test the three virtues most important to becoming a true vessel for Cazic Thule's power.'

You say, 'what three virtues'

Veltar says, 'The three virtues are [patience], [agility], and [peace of mind]. Patience is important in knowing when to strike your opponent, too soon and you may be crushed, too late and your opportunity may pass. Agility is very important in showing your ability to avoid blows sent your way, and then returning what was sent to you. Without striking quickly you are no monk at all. Peace of mind will allow you to concentrate on the situation you are in. With it you can control your actions and make decisive strikes at critical times. Without peace of mind you may attack out of rage and will surely fall for your mind is clouded. You must complete these three [trials] to earn the shackle of the Grandmaster.'

You say, 'what trial of patience'

Veltar says 'Patience shall be tested by the one whom has the greatest patience. Seek Master Rinmark, and ask him of his trial.'

You say, 'what trial of agility'

Veltar says 'To show agility you must be tested by the most swift of us. Grandmaster Glox will provide your test for this. Ask him of the trial of agility,'

You say, 'what trial of peace of mind'

Veltar says 'To show peace of mind you must decipher a tome found in the library of Kaesora. An undead tome keeper will wait for you to come, ask him of the trial of peace of mind. The tome will tell you what you shall seek. Do with the tome the same as you would with the item you seek. Show you have clarity of mind in solving this.'

---

So, this quest is in 3 parts. As of the last zone-patch, it is completable. Originally, you could technically gank him for the shackle, but the faction hit will send anyone Ally or worse faction with swifttails to KoS in one kill (that's one HELLuva faction hit). After they fixed Dreadlands, he doesn't drop the shackle any more, so no short-cuts...

Trial of Patience

For this trial, you must once again, go to good ol' Rinmark, the iksar master in Timorous Deep who apparently thinks he is too good for Cabilis, and likes to make us monks swim the ocean a lot. So, head back out to him, but I would almost suggest bringing at least a healer with ya. to be safe. have healer stay away from mountain, since rinmark is agro, and pretty nasty to encounter...

You say, 'what about the trial of patience'

an Iksar master says 'So your time has finally come to be tested for the final rung. To show your patience you shall spar with me. When you have gained the insight and strategy to strike you will know when. Strike me too soon and you will perish, too late and I will be gone. Come at me when the time is right. Let us begin. '

he then respawns as "Grand Master Rinmark". Note: you do not attack this one. This one is higher level that the "an iksar master" version of him, and he will definitely wipe you out. Plus, this is a test of patience, so just wait on it. Eventually, this message will pop up:

Grand Master Rinmark seems to lose a small amount of concentration.

then respawns again as "Master Rinmark". As with the previous version, you leave this one be... Patience is a virtue, after all, and that is what this test is all about. Eventually, this message will pop up:

Master Rinmark stares off into the horizon, lost in his thoughts. '

...and again, he respawns, this time to "Rinmark". This is the one to attack he is light blue to 55, dark blue to 54, highly magic resistant, immune to fear, and seems to have more hp's than his con would suggest, hits for up to 100's. Hurry to attack him, he will despawn after a minute, and the test will have to be restarted. When you attack him, this message appears:

Rinmark says 'Good, your sense of timing is correct. Now begin! Show me that your training has not been wasted. '

If you do not attack in time, this message appears:
Rinmark says 'Your time to strike has come and gone. You have failed in this trial. Come back when you are more prepared. '
And then he despawns, and respawns as "an iksar master".

Kill Rinmark, and loot the "Mark of Patience".

---

Trial of Agility

For this trial, you must go to Cabilis, and talk to Grand Master Glox, the guy who ignores your hails all the time.

You say, 'Hail, Grand Master Glox'

Grand Master Glox shows no reaction to your greeting. '

You say, 'what trial of agility?'

Grand Master Glox says 'I knew you were not the whiff others claimed you to be, are you sure you are ready to be tested in agility? '

You say, 'i am ready'

At this point, Grand Master Glox casts a spell, teleports you to a locked room under the shaman/shadowknight/beastlord guild, where you see a "Master Glox" sitting on the ground, waiting for you. Grand Master Glox tells you what is to be done as you teleport away...

Grand Master Glox says 'We shall spar then, I hope you are as prepared as you think you are. '

To start the fight, simply hail him. Supposedly is easier to kill than Rinmark.

You say, 'Hail, Master Glox'

Master Glox says 'That took you long enough. Well then, are you ready to prove your agility to me? '

Kill him, then loot the "Mark of Agility". the Potion will teleport you to the Field of Bone (IE out of that room).

---

Trial of Peace of Mind

For this trial, you must go to Kaesora, found inside the Field of Bone. On the top floor of the library, there is a new mob that spawns, called "a tome keeper". He has a PH that spawns, called "an Iksar spectre" that is KoS.

You say, 'Hail, a tome keeper'

a tome keeper shows awareness of you, but ignores you completely. '

You say, 'what trial of peace of mind'

a tome keeper begins to speak to you without movement of his rotted mouth, you realize his words are pouring into your mind. 'You seek peace of mind, and may you have it. First though, your Shackle of Steel. One Shackle for one tome.' '

You give him the shackle of steel. Note - he doesn't return this. Is why I will be repeating my shackle quests again (I like my shackle of steel *snf*)

a tome keeper drops a tattered tome at your feet and says nothing more. You pick it up and place it among your things.

This is where the quest gets divergant. There are several different tomes. each has a different subquest. you get one, and it is random which one it is.... fun, no? each has you get something, and then you turn that, and the tome, to the person it outlines. Here are the known tome message texts (and known solutions to some):

A) Dim White Tome
"Made from the mud, but fired to use. The Frogloks use it to bring what is filtered. Within the swamp town you will find and return to the Court of Pain to the one who would have you earn your sparring armor."

Get item from the froglok town in the Swamp of No Hope it is in a barrel of water, loc -1262, -1411, 28; return to Master Bain.

B) Dark Black Tome
"What once was forged from the fire of dragons is now cooled by the fall of rain. To be found in the sea of flames, and taken to the Prime Heirophant of Cazic Thule"

You get "skyfire pumice" it is a ground spawn in Skyfire at loc 200, 660, -190 (on top of a pillar, in the lake), and then take it to the Prime Heirophant.

C) Faded White Tome
"Created of Iron to replace what is no longer there. How it was lost is an intresteing tail. Return this mechanization to the one who once called you a whiff."

To start this, you must go to Firona Vie, and see Kwinn the Outlander again.

You say, 'Hail, Kwinn the Outlander'

Kwinn the Outlander says 'Hail, adventurer! Kwinn's the name. Hunting is my game. I have been all over this continent. Seen many things and found [odd trinkets]. I have no quarrel with any race. I judge a person or critter by their actions. Heck, my best friend is a troll !! '

You say, 'what odd trinkets'

Kwinn the Outlander says 'Blast!! I found some strange thingamajigs!! Most of it I toss or sell to vendors and crazy sages. I am on my way to sell this [iron tail] to a tinkerer. '

You say, 'what iron tail'

Kwinn the Outlander says 'Found the thing washed up on the shore in Timorous Deep. Looks like a metal lizardman tail. It is all rusted and covered with barnacles. Probably can't get much for it, but I'll try. Why do you ask? Are you looking to [trade for the mechanical thing]? '

You say, 'I will trade for the mechanical thing'

Kwinn the Outlander takes out an extra pack. 'Thought you might be interested. I don't want to take a loss and I only trade for things I am hunting, so here!! Inside this pack you need to combine the following items; a sabertooth tiger mane, a pair of pygmy brute choppers, a lime plume and a war bone fist. Return the full sack to me and the tail is yours.' '

I forgot the stats of the bag, but it's 4-slot, I think medium capacity, worthless bag.

1) Sabertooth Tiger Mane
Drops from sabertooth tigers, found in the Lake Of Ill Omen, walking around between the windmill and waterside.

2) Intact Pygmy Brute Choppers
This was a bit of a challenge. This drops from "a pygmy skulking brute", that is a random spawn that can shop up *anywhere* in Warslik's Woods. I spent about 5 hours on this spawn, to get it to show up.... But with my elete force of trackers positioned to monitor the whole zone, and a couple people out just butchering everything that moved, it eventually spawned. Appears to be just as rare as "a skulking brutling" that also spawns there, and is needed for the Shackle of Rock quest...

3) A Lime Plume
This drops from "stoneglint cockatrice" which is found in the eastern part of The Overthere, near where the zone for Warslik's Woods is at. When I went there, there was a whopping 2 of them, and one was being killed, but the other, after a few choice blows, yeilded me my plume... These are RARE too.

4) A Skeleton Fist
This drops from "war boned skeleton" in Lake of Ill Omen, usually along the grassy area and hills that are between the Frontier Mountains zone and the waterside. Yes, it identifies as "A Warboned Fist"

Returning the bag to Kwinn the Outlander results in:

Kwinn the Outlander says 'Kackling Quellious!! This will bring a fortune on the black market!! Well, a deal is a deal. Here is the tail. '

A Mechanical Iksar Tail
LORE ITEM
Wt: 2.0 Size: MEDIUM
Class: ALL
Race: ALL

After you get the Mechanical Tail, return to Cabilis and give to Master Raska in the Court of Pain.

D) Greyed Tome
"Awful creations with no known origin. Roaming the castle in search of prey. Lost from its finger a worn metal ring. Taken from the fortress to the court of pain to the one who would have you do her tasks."

Loc of the bag is: -150, -300 its was spawned directly underneath a Cursed Hand when i found it. I went in thru the underwater tunnel in the basement, when you surface turn around and go up towards the RCY door. As you go up the little stairway towards the door, look up and behind you and you will see the bag on the ground. That is the Ring of the Construct (ground spawn). Bring it and the tome back to Master Niska in the Court of Pain.

E) Pale White Tome
"Resting in a dead city never to be used again. It used to carry many things, but now only carries dust. Through the haze of the city you will find, and return to the court of pain to the one who would give you your sparring armor."

Get "a woven vine basket" from the ground at the stables in City of Mist, return it to Master Bain

F) Pure White Tome
Seeking the fists within the mine a log is kept. Falling down falls the logs are long lost. Kept up high the journal now rests, with the goblins of much despise. Return it you will one whom once called you a whiff."

The Sealed Journal is in Nurga, in the hole to the right facing out over the big waterfall just at zone in, there is a waterfall coming outta the wall. You will probably need Levitate to get over to it, it is a ground spawn. Return to master Riska in the Court of Pain with tome to get Mark of Peace

G) Light Black Tome
"Strong as steel, though grown since birth. Used to be defence but now in the dirt. Found in the caves, give it to the war baron of those who used to be slaves."

Get "Chokadai scale" from Chardok - "It spawns at the fort that is in between the zone in and zone out. If you are looking at the fort from the front, it spawns on the balcony that is on the left. If you get up on the slope that is opposite the fort you should be able to see the bag on the ground.", return to the War Baron.

H) Light Grey Tome
"Large and powerful but with little wit. He stumbles about with no place to sit. Laying on the ground he soon falls asleep, you will go into the mine all the way deep. A giant bracelet as heavy as stone, you will take to the court of pain to give to her alone."

Kromdul Bracelet drops in the 'cave' in FM, where the giants are at. Get that and take to Niska

I) Solid Black Tome talks about getting something in the lands of dread.

Looks like this is the "frozen soulstone" groundspawn in the yeti caves in Dreadlands, turn book and item into the Prime Hierophant Velk.

J) Dark Grey
"The lair of flying mouths rests near the tide. No swords or daggers can pierce the thick hide. From the bottom of the lair you shall obtain, and return to the War Baron with peace of mind to gain."

Sarnak Hide drops 3rd floor left side bedroom right before the kly... Turn it in with the book to War Baron Eator for mark of clarity.

---

Give three marks to Veltar:

Veltar says, "So you are finally ready for the final rung. Here it is, you shall receive mine for I shall quest for the fists of Cazic Thule no longer."

You say, "What fists of cazic thule?"

Veltar says, "I shall not discuss the Whistling Fists for they have brought me nothing but pain. Gandan Tailfist still quests to this day. Go find him, he will surely need your assistance. I do not know where the quest has taken him, go show that drunkard Marthor the shackle I have just given you he might know where Gandan is."

---

Ok, now you have the Shackle of Tynnonium. With that, you can move onto bigger and better things, like the Whistling Fists.

The Whistling Fists

To start the Whistling Fists quest, you return to Marthor, under Cabilis, and give him your Shackle of Tynnonium. He returns it, and the following is said

Marthor says 'You earned the Tynnonium Shackle? I am sure you wish to seek the fists of lore. Gandan has come as close as anyone, you would have to talk to him. Last I heard his expedition has taken him to the Howling Stones. '

So you have to go to Howling Stones, and seek out Gandan Tailfist.

In Howling Stones, you hail Gandan Tailfist, and the following transpires:

You say, 'Hail, Gandan Tailfist'

Gandan Tailfist places a foul smelling book in your hands and speaks to you slowly. 'Take this rotting book given to me by lord Cazic Thule himself, I was given another but it has been lost. The search for the fists will be the end of me. If you are a monk of the final rung show me your Shackle of Tynnonium and I will share with you what I have found.'

He gives 'Flayed Skin Tome' at this point, which has the text:
Zan Fi believed in his power and made his way to do battle with Cazic Thule in his own plane. Dispatching his minions one by one he came to the Lord of Fear. He saw and threw challenge to him. The battle lasted for days, Cazic Thule was weakened but Zan Fi would be defeated in the end. Cazic Thule seeing this amazing skill in battle decided it should e instilled into the broodlings of his great race. He took the essence of Zan Fi and placed it into an Iksar, Tynn. Cazic Thule bestowed unto Tynn the gift of the Whistling Fists. He did this as a mockery of Zan Fi and his failure in battle. He was placed within the empire of Iksar with only one thing in mind, to train other Iksar the way of the monk to inflict a new breed of fear and pain unto their foes.

Giving him the Shackle of Tynnonium, he will return it to you, and then has this to say:

Gandan Tailfist says "The search for the fists has killed many so I hope that your strength is more than mine and those in the past. I was given this satchel by the lord Cazic Thule. I have searched for the fists in this place but they are not here. I suggest you seek an audience with our lord. Tell him that I have failed in my task. I am sure that he ugnnnnhnnn." One last look to you is given before falling completely lifless to the cold stone.

+Swift Tales (darn it, I wish they'd fix that! Tails not Tales!)
+Legion of Cabilis

You recieve a Satchel of Flayed Skin (ID: Satchel of Cazic-Thule) - LORE NODROP Wt 2.0 4 large slots 0% WR

Then you are off to the Plane of Fear, to speak to Cazic-Thule himself. Boy, this quest just gets better and better, doesn't it?

"Talking to CT in a full pop is easy. You can run and fd /q on the north wall, then run across to the ne corner. Wait till CT is on the eastmost point of his roam path and there is very rarely any mobs near there. " - Sset Glox

Upon reaching Cazic Thule, be careful, he is rumored to be non-KoS to Iksar Monks... dunno about Human ones tho.

You say, "Gandan Tailfist has failed in his task"

Cazic Thule's thoughts begin to pervade your own, they creep into your mind with great force. You feel pressure as if your head will explode. You see his thoughts becoming your own. You see in these visions a tome bound in flesh dropped to the ground.
You then open your eyes to see that same book, and take it knowing that it was meant for you.

The book you recieve is another flayed tome, the text inside it is the following:

The fists shall be born again for you. Take with you the satchel covered with flayed skin. Fill it with four items of power. The original fists, which no longer have their power. The Flute of Zan Fi, given and taken from an undead brother. Also place in the satchel the remains of Grandmaster Tynn, bones forever strong, and finally the remains of Zan Fi, still resonating with power. Seek once again Lord Cazic Thule, return to him the two flayed tomes and satchel full, and the instruments of pain shall be bestowed unto you.

So, there is a lot of stuff needed for this quest. Luckily, at this point, you have the Satchel, and the two tomes. The other items are gained as follows:

The original fists, which have no power

Found in Sebilis, off the new mob there called "a fallen monk".

You say 'Hail, a fallen monk'

a fallen monk says 'Failed to find the rest I have, If you wish what is mine then give proof of the final shackle unto me.'

Hand him the Shackle of Tynnonium. I have heard *gasp* he doesn't return this... NOOOOOOO.... oh well, guess I'll just repeat the shackle quests 2x then.

a fallen monk says 'Earn what is mine. Show me you have the power worthy to wield what i possess.'

and he respawned as [a fallen iksar master] blue to a 60 and dropped a mage spell and:

Faintly Glowing Fist
Magic Lore No Drop
wgt 0.0
MNK
HUM, IKS
ID as Item:Lore Thule Blessed Fists

The Flute of Zan Fi

Go to the Field of Bone, kill iksar bandits, till you have both parts of the note, return them to Master Raska to recieve the flute.

Go to Brother Balatin in the Dreadlands (at the giant spires in the hidden valley) and charm him. Give him the flute and the result will be:

Brother Balatin says 'This is not the flute that I seek. In fact if you have this, that must mean that you are a monk of Cazic-Thule. I can not permit you to find the weapon I know that you seek! '

And you will have to fight him. After the fight, you will be able to loot the flute you need off his corpse. He is a difficult mob, you will want to have some groups ready probably to take him out.

The remains of Grand Master Tynn

This part starts in Trakanon's Teeth, with Crusader Vragor, who spawns at -2800, 2785, -337.

You say, 'Hail, Crusader Vragor'

Crusader Vragor says 'Perhaps you would care to hear a tale, and perhaps you could help me with the ending. It is the tale of the end of Grandmaster Tynn. We all know that Tynn came into Sebilis with no rebirth. I suppose you know he created the caste of Iksar monks, but I doubt you know where he now rests do you? '

You say, 'no'

Crusader Vragor says 'Then I shall tell you. Master Tynn chose a place of rest in his old age. While deep in meditation he slipped away and breathed no more. His corpse remained in the stance of meditation for many years unyielding to the elements. This brings us to recent times. A Trakanasaur that has been named Zhaoku came along the remains and devoured them. The bones too hard to be chewed, he swallowed them whole. To this day he wanders with them lodged in his stomach. Are you interested in knowing where Zhaoku is? '

You say, 'yes'

Crusader Vragor says 'I will tell you but you must help me first. I have been tied to this plane because of deeds unfinished. I was questing for the stupendous tome for ages to no avail. Without this tome I can not pass on in peace. Finish my quest, bring me the stupendous tome and a crusader coffin. I will tell you where the beast rests before I pass on. I doubt you can finish this, but I can always hope. '

Just what we need, more things to do. So, let's get started:

A) The Stupendous Tome

PART I

First you must collect 6 scrolls. The
scrolls are located in the following places:

I: Kaesora Temple in the field of bone - the "failed crypt raider" drops scroll number I

II: This scroll can be found in the City of Mist on a spectral courier

III: same as II

IV: same as II

V: This scroll can be found in Castle Mistmore located in faydark. It drops off the dark librarian, who is located to the right when you go through the double doors near the entrance to the castle. Head up the stairs there, and into the library.
Note: This also apparently drops from "normal mobs" in City of Mist.

VI: This scroll can also be found in Mistmoore. Rather than going right after you enter the double doors, head left, up some stairs. The hallway turns right. Take the 1st left to face a small hallway with a gargoyle on the end. Enter the room on the left and pass through that room and continue to the small bedroom which has a bed with red drapery on it. The ASSISTANT dark librarian drops the 6th scroll.
Note: This also apparently drops from "normal mobs" in City of Mist.

PART II

After collecting the scrolls, you must see and free the imprisoned Argest.

Sugggestion - a shrink potion, and some invis potions will help greatly in Droga, since with shrink, you can walk right through the gates/grates.

Argest, the lost and imprisoned crusader is located in Droga's Temple, located at pos 3400, pos 2900 of the Frontier Mountains. Before entering this dungeon, bring some shrink potions, you'll know why later. Fall into the pit near the entrance. follow the long cave staying along the RIGHT wall until you come to a small overpassing bridge. Go under this bridge, turn left at end and stay LEFT after that until you get to the JAIL. Then kill many, many penskeepers and penmasters (and their place holders) until you obtain all the keys listed below:

* bone key
* bone necklace key
* stone key
* bronze key - note, you don't need to turn this in, it only helps getting to him.

Next use the keys to get to the inner jail area. Now wait until an iksar prisoner wearing gold chain type armor spawns in the iksar jail cell (during daytime). This is Argest.

Give him the 4 keys and recieve the dagger looking object which will operate the stupendous machine he mentions (directly across in the main jail area, looks like a
pottery wheel)

Take the 6 scrolls and the dagger object from Argest, combine all 7 in the machine and recieve a "stupendous tome" lore, no drop.

B) Crusader Coffin

Bought in West Cabilis, off an undead merchant (will provide detail later)

Once completed, return the items, and a mob called Zhaoku spawns. Zhaoku will spawn just outside the archway/aqueduct area heading to Seb. Kill Zhaoku, he drops the remains of Tynn. Is estimated to be as difficult a fight as Brother Balatin in Dreadlands.

The remains of Zan Fi
Note: This is unconfirmed as the remains, but it is new material in the game, and seems to fit the description.

There is a gnome female in Feerrott near the portal area in to Fear that someone noticed on tracking.

You say, 'Hail, Annaelia Wylassi'

Annaelia Wylassi says 'If you have nothing other than a hail to offer me you best move along, I need concentration to study these odd bones that I unearthed. Funny thing about them though, they seem to resonate a hum. Quite unusual, you probably aren't interested in that though. '

You say, 'I am interested'

Annaelia Wylassi says 'Are you? I didn't take you for a necromancer. I tried to reanimate these remains but due to the vibration it was too unstable and collapsed. I have given up trying to animate them. I would need more supplies if I were to try again. I am too busy with other research to care though. If you are so interested you could go fetch the supplies for me. I suspect the bone structure is of a human, so I would need a vial of human blood. A jade inlaid coffin would be needed to perform the ritual in. Also a vial of clear mana to bind the bones with strong magic, and an essence emerald to complete the ritual. '

Annaelia Wylassi says 'I will now try the reanimation.' Streams of mana surround the bones but nothing happens. Annaelia looks annoyed. 'Worthless bones! Why do they hum like this? Grah, I don't care I have too much to study. You want them? Take them!' '
You gain experience!!

A) A vial of Human blood (From the bandits in NK)
Item Lore: Human Blood.

B) A Jade Inlaid Coffin (the large unstackable kind)
Item Lore: Jade Inlaid Coffin.

C) An essence emerald (Made from real retired bards!)
Item Lore: Summoned: Essence Emerald.

D) A Vial of Clear mana (Enchanter made)
Item Lore: Vial of Clear Mana.

Giving her these things results in:

Resonant Bone Chips
WT: 0.0 Size:Tiny

---

Which you'll give back to Cazic Thule. So you catch him not once, but twice! Happy hunting. And god, I can't imagine standing around in a fully popped zone trying to keep a trade window open with a god. Returning them to Cazic-Thue results in the following:

"Cazic Thule seems pleased with the amount of pain that you have been able to inflict. Cazic Thule then grabs your hands and begins to infuse them with his power. Your hands burn like they were placed in lava for a moment, then feel cool as ice. You can feel the sheer power flowing through your new weapons of pain."

Reward:

Whistling Fists
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: Hand to Hand Atk Delay: 20
DMG: 12 Dmg Bonus: 11 AC: 5
STR: +10 DEX: +10 STA: +10 CHA: +10
AGI: +10 HP: +50 SV FIRE +5 SV DISEASE: +5
SV COLD: +5 SV MAGIC: +5 SV POISON: +5
Effect: Jonathon's Whistling Warsong (must equip, instant)
WT: 0.1 Size: TINY

Item looks like Celestial Fists in inventory, and like Essence of Dol when equipped on character.
source: http://monklybusiness43508.yuku.com/...e#.WZwlcT5JbZ4
Old 08-22-2017, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read through the iksar monk shackle quest, and it appears you can work the quest series up to the 6th bracer, the Shackle of Steel. Is this accurate?

***I thought it would be a nice item to work on, seeing it has 5MR on it with fair stats overall.
Yes, p99 has up to Shackle of Steel.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 08-22-2017, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Lots of running around to do, and swimming, and.... killing semi uncommon mobs that drop semi uncommon drops, yes, this is a bit of a PITA quest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2017, 02:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of running around to do, and swimming, and.... killing semi uncommon mobs that drop semi uncommon drops, yes, this is a bit of a PITA quest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its like treant fist quest, hell of rare drops, for so low reward, well comparing to the actual era you can get better items with same stats ( https://wiki.project1999.com/Special...Wrist/AllItems )

ps: But if you want to have fun like doing the quests travelling around, its nice.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:16 AM
Planar Protector

"You say, no."
Old 08-23-2017, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"You say, no."
Stop flirting with me, you aint my type.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Retard.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Retard.
I was just being honest. Now you are just being rude. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2017, 12:53 AM
Sarnak

It's a shame because the one right after Steel is actually really sweet.

However, I had a lot of fun doing the quests.
Closed Thread