Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
epic fist + sos is much better than AC + sos too. we weren't talking about ts + epic fist (which parses marginally better than that) though; we were talking about ts ^^
You don't need the epic fist to weapon swap. Weapon swapping would actually do more damage without the epic because the monk fist chart increases higher than 9 damage.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need the epic fist to weapon swap. Weapon swapping would actually do more damage without the epic because the monk fist chart increases higher than 9 damage.
of course you don't. that's not the point ^^ the point is, we were discussing tstaff vs ac+sos.

tstaff+anything_else is not tstaff. make sense? ^^
Old 08-18-2017, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
of course you don't. that's not the point ^^ the point is, we were discussing tstaff vs ac+sos.

Welcome back, MM. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-18-2017, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

I think 2 handers and weapon swapping go hand in hand. I think it is absolutely a factor in determining what weapon to use. Weapon swapping is a large reason to use a 2 hander. It's a pretty big damage increase at no cost.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome back, MM. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ty lhance ^^ and yeah, someone did claim that at 30 delay tstaff would be at a sweet spot based on information currently available on Lucy, which iirc differ from the velious era values referenced on the steel warrior before it died. there was a long discussion on this here several years back that referenced those values and had a link to a nifty table and the calculations behind them. i am no good with the way back machine so cannot dig up the applicable post, but maybe you have better luck ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think 2 handers and weapon swapping go hand in hand. I think it is absolutely a factor in determining what weapon to use. Weapon swapping is a large reason to use a 2 hander. It's a pretty big damage increase at no cost.
and you are most welcome to think that :3 and it is a valid point and good of you to bring to the discussion ^^
Old 08-18-2017, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Unless I am reading it wrong, it seems that the 2hander section of this spreadsheet is using the wrong damage bonuses for the calculations.
Honestly.. didn't even realize there's a 2HB tab til you pointed it out. (It's not my spreadsheet I got it off the forums)
Old 08-18-2017, 07:55 PM
Fire Giant

I saw this chart before but not sure if it's out of date or not yet?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...it?usp=sharing
Old 08-31-2017, 03:54 AM
Fire Giant

Best against which targets?

Also, why is nobody actually providing data/parses?

Just for fun, try a T-staff (or PB) vs. a red-con, high-AC mob and parse. Then against same mob, use fist/SoS.

Then, for more fun, use both combos against a low-blue, low-AC mob and parse.

Spoiler: you'll find that against mobs that are tough to hit and mitigate damage well, you're best served by mainhand "touches". That the damage bonus will serve you really well.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 09-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is an error in that spreadsheet. Fist of Lightning is secondary only, but has a value for DPS in primary.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is an error in that spreadsheet. Fist of Lightning is secondary only, but has a value for DPS in primary.
shhh let the sheet spread dreams. Proc + max dex counts a lot too.
Closed Thread