Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-22-2017, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Default Keeper of the Tombs spawn location + other info

Was looking for some more information in the Hole as usual, came across this photo from Everlore.com on wayback machine that shows what his spawn location should be:
https://web.archive.org/web/20010727....asp?id=379095

Image here:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My laptop has taken a nose dive so I apologize for not being able to log into game and give you a precise loc but he is looking outwards in front of the door that leads down to the crypt that houses the Fallen Erudites and Dartain the Lost. He currently spawns on top of the crypt at the back of the courtyard and facing the opposite direction.

Notice that he is not shown wielding the Tainted Darksteel Sword. I'm not sure if this would enable quadding on P99 or not, making it a tougher fight? Other post from his everlore main page lists some attack data saying he only doubles for 220 max, not sure what his max is on P99.

Main page of everlore with comments on max hit and double attacking (also mentions he barely casts, on P99 he seems to cast often, may lead to an easier fight with him casting so much and not double attacking + bash):

https://web.archive.org/web/20010807123455/http://www.everlore.com:80/bestiary/beastdetails.asp?mode=show&BID=278399

One final comment is his picture doesn't show him with a pet either, but the post mentions he had a weak one (just like on P99). Possible someone was tracking him and took screenshot on pop, before he casted a pet. Or perhaps classic EQ varied what spells were loaded on spawn and he didn't have his pet loaded? dunno.

Obviously this is a minor tweak, but the Hole is my favorite zone so working on making it as much of a mirror image as possible on P99!
Old 09-22-2017, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

in the classic days I always considered "Everlore" the lesser of the EQsites ( Alla, EQlizer, Graffe etc ) and found much of the information on Everlore was either false or not helpful.

I am skeptical to say the least - good chance Keeper was maybe moved around before he settled where he currently resides on p99.

The Hole was revamped so maybe thats when he moved however so you could certainly be right I just cringe when I see Everlore as a source of anything.

Also in terms of your evidence, that picture very well could be one taken from a guy currently engaged with Keeper having already killed his pet and what we are seeing is Keeper actually rooted in front of him. Not exactly proof that he should be moved imo.
Last edited by Erati; 09-22-2017 at 03:46 PM..
Old 09-22-2017, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

While I agree some everlore info is skeptical to say the least, I happen to think this is accurate. It is also the only in era picture I could find where he is out of combat.

He's also like, keeper of the tombs, so makes a bit of sense he is guarding the actual door leading to the crypt below (I know that isn't evidence, but seems cooler imo).

Another source:
http://www.steveprutz.com/eq/hole.htm

I'm on my phone so can't do better searching, but that link had a map with spawn points for every mob in the hole, and it shows in two sections where the keeper is in front of the doors to the crypt.

Someone put a bunch of "mob placement not accurate to P99 progression", but I really don't understand that as the mob placement is exactly like p99, so pretty sure nilbog used this map to set up spawns. The areas I'm sure I remember on live in era are accurate as well with maybe a few exceptions (seem to remember a ghost and rat in the golem tower area for example).

Am using that map to verify some other info such as locked doors / grates / unpickable locks / the sitting fallen erudites as well, just need to dig up some back up data in era.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Got around to getting a loc on where I believe Keeper should be placed in P99, is 803.49, 567.71, -669.22 or thereabouts. Should be facing straight North.

Back when I was doing my screenshot crawl for pet names, I did notice mobs that always have a pet on P99, not always have a pet in a screenshot. Perhaps this was a spell they only had a chance of memorizing, for what its worth.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Holy crap, not sure how I missed this before, but basically in era evidence of them saying that exact loc I posted about:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020830....shtml?id=5279
Quote:
Posted @ Tue, Sep 4th 3:38 PM 2001
His loc is actually +803,+567,-670
Quote:
Posted @ Tue, Apr 24th 7:07 PM 2001
This guy spawns at the base of the Undead Tower, way deep. When you reach the gates of the entrance to the tower climb, turn left and circle around the building. He's right next to the base of the brick building/tower right there. I found him with my halfling rogue.
Note the 2nd comment doesn't say he is on top of the coffin like he is on P99. Hopefully this is case closed!
Old 05-24-2018, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Notice that he is not shown wielding the Tainted Darksteel Sword. I'm not sure if this would enable quadding on P99 or not, making it a tougher fight? Other post from his everlore main page lists some attack data saying he only doubles for 220 max, not sure what his max is on P99.
Haven't found much else so far, but below is another screenshot of Keeper not wielding the Tainted Darksteel Sword. It looks as though he was pulled outside of the graveyard/tower area from his spawnpoint. Also, the screenshot is not wide enough to show whether he had a pet summoned.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Source: http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-...q/fd/fd4-1.htm
Old 05-24-2018, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Nm already linked above.

Source: http://www.angelfire.com/freak/eqjon...eHoleGuide.htm
Last edited by Ennewi; 05-24-2018 at 09:50 AM..