Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

Default One more (non-impactful) bard swarm Question

Hey folks - as a precursor, this is on RED so no impact to BLUE players from me.

I am looking to help some low and mid 50's players join the ranks of the 60 pvp crews through some power bard leveling via swarm kites in CoM or Velks.

I have done swarms for newer players that started during lulls in the server, but only using the no run speed - strafe and play method.

I was curious and HOPING that some folks here have experience and insight into how to best run the swarm kite in zones like City of Mist and Velketors. Feel free to PM me if you want, but it would be very helpful to the few folks enjoying the RED server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2017, 05:51 PM
Banned

velk's pulls will probably be small unless you're level 60 for DA or burn a DA idol on each pull to let everything gather up

CoM should be easily doable sub 60
Old 09-20-2017, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

in COM pull the zone to the arena camp and use snare/slow AE and do it there. open area with nothing to get stuck on.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Swarms in zones higher than OT without wide open spaces will require support from a healer to pull off safely. I've pulled off cc on 10-20+ mobs at a time with aoe snare in KC many times. It would be much easier in CoM. It would not be worth it in velks.

It will work best if others pull to you and have you just snag them into the cluster. The group of people you're PLing just dps's them down (aoe or otherwise).
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-23-2017, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

If you're 60 you can clear most of the main path mobs(close to 40) and all 4 named with two pulls in velks. Probably not as good exp as CoM would be, but still decent all the way to 60. Also bring a tailoring kit, can skill tailoring up to 55 off the thread drops.
Last edited by MiRo2; 09-23-2017 at 05:12 PM..
Old 09-24-2017, 04:17 AM
Fire Giant

I can wrangle about 10-12 mobs safely in velks for aoe. Anything greater than that is pretty risky, especially with the backstabbing mobs.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:15 AM
Fire Giant

If you tag a spider at the bottom and run up to ledge, wait till they get to you, then jump down, they come down close enough for you to gather them with DA, no need to get hit at all. Same principle for everything left on the ledge level and the one above.

At 60, maybe lower, faction song is enough to make you non-kos as long as you've never killed Lord Bob or Velektor.
Closed Thread