Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 08:09 PM
Aviak

We aren't talking about KSing frogloks here.

This is a camp where you have to sit there for days just for a small chance to make an attempt IF your force can get there in time or IF you have the expensive items and/or luck to pull off a solo.

Stalling Verina like this may not be against the rules, but it is also not in line with the spirit of the game or the community. As Triiz mentioned, this was such a dick move, that most people probably THOUGHT it was against the rules. I know I did. Hence the thread.

I think that it at least warrants a reexamining of the rule for special cases like Verina.

Now I just wonder if we are going to start seeing people auctioning Verina stalling services in the EC tunnel forum. 1000 plat per minute of stalling. 10k extra plat on top of that for the ability to batphone the staller at any hour of the day. Maybe someone should do that, just to show how ridiculous the "rules" argument is in this case.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quidello [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now I just wonder if we are going to start seeing people auctioning Verina stalling services in the EC tunnel forum. 1000 plat per minute of stalling. 10k extra plat on top of that for the ability to batphone the staller at any hour of the day. Maybe someone should do that, just to show how ridiculous the "rules" argument is in this case.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Players can be against a rule but still not break it. KSing someone because you don't like the rules, or because in your expert opinion the rules are "unclear", is still kill stealing. Try to kill steal, whatever your justification, and you face the wrath of the staff.

That's all I was saying and it's pretty easy to understand. But by all means, keep crowing here in the forums about all the rules you'll break in game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm definitely on drugs, but that's hardly relevant.

And if I'm in such a dream land, how about you provide an example of a classic game aspect that someone posted solid evidence of, and which the staff said "no, we don't feel like it." I understand that there are probably plenty of bugs filed that the staff hasn't fixed yet, but as a programmer myself I know that's completely normal even in a paid application, so it's hard to find fault when people volunteering their time do the same thing.

If it were me I'd save up a bunch of those bugs (the ones that aren't top priority) while we work on a main "feature" (Chardok 2.0), and then work on them in a "bug fix sprint" afterward (but before Green is released) ... but I'm not on the dev team so I have no idea if that's actually they're plan.

All I do know is that everything they've ever said suggests that they want the most classic EQ possible, and since nothing they've done has ever contradicted that I continue to believe them.
I wouldn't bother with this guy Fox. This isn't the first time I've come across his doltishness. You should actually just ignore him, everyone else does.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:51 PM
Aviak

Cool gif bro.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was this posted out of sarcasm or did you really mean to give so many thumbs up to his post about charging for Verina stallings in EC?

That's A LOT of thumbs up. Just sayin'. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2017, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was this posted out of sarcasm or did you really mean to give so many thumbs up to his post about charging for Verina stallings in EC?

That's A LOT of thumbs up. Just sayin'. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's legal and entertaining. I fully support both the idea and threads to follow.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Take away from this thread is no matter how bad you want something and / or don't like how someone is stopping you from getting what you want, you're not allowed to break the rules even if you REALLY want it. Your respect for the rules may vary and there's nothing wrong with that. I won't judge you. Just be willing to accept the consequences if you're caught.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Says the rogue in a robe casting SoW.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quidello [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are the rules on FTE for mobs like Verina Tomb?

After the earthquake today, a guildie and I, rushed to Verina to attempt to duo her. 60 Shaman and 60 Enchanter. We saw almost nobody in the zone, and thought we lucked out. I went to grab a pet, and my guildie went to check the spawn. He found another 60 Shaman engaging Verina.

I had my pet ready for the fight shortly after, but we could not pull the mob because the other shaman had engaged. This went on for nearly 3 minutes. She was keeping the mob aggroed but not damaging it. Then after a while, her reinforcements show up in waves, and they kill Verina.

I am not sure about the official rules on this, but I don't see how tying up a mob as contested as Verina Tomb can be fair play. We were there and ready to pull, but she was holding it. She got FTE, but she wasnt going to kill it herself. We thought she was going to solo it, but my guildie noticed something was off when she wasn't even doing any damage. She said that she didn't do damage because she didn't want to get summoned, which would be fine, that is normal for pulling, but this was 3 or more minutes. None of the members of her force were in the zone when she engaged. They cited the FTE rule. But again, with FTE, don't you have to intend to kill it shortly after the pull? As in, do damage within 3 minutes at least? I wish I had screen shotted it, but I was too mad at what I perceived to be cheating. She even said to her group in say something like, "Sorry, I ran out of mana kiting her". If you hold a mob on a shaman long enough to go oom, I think that can be considered against the rules. I could be wrong.

I am pretty sure there is nothing that can be done at this point, but is this against the rules? Would be good to know. Maybe our shaman can do the same next time if this is considered fair play.

Thanks in advance.
dude who cares its 2017, you got beat, be quicker next time, do u hear yourself? its everquest dude move on, slap yourself
Old 09-25-2017, 01:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Agreed 100%
Closed Thread