Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Curse you RNF!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Triple post; Loramin still confirmed bad about welfare Jedi a dozen years later [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Normally I'd rate a 'don't play p99' thread as 1 star, but bonus star is deserved if this is an early swg emu. I started at Jump to Lightspeed and then they rehauled the game several times over, including once turning it into a completely different game and effectively killing all their loyal customers' characters.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:05 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2017, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacocky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He always looks so happy... He even smiles at Vader!
Old 09-24-2017, 08:57 PM
Banned

i thought jedis had stuff in their blood
Old 09-24-2017, 09:07 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Cazador64 Send a message via AIM to Cazador64 Send a message via Yahoo to Cazador64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i thought jedis had stuff in their blood
midichlorian levels It is in their cells.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazador64 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
midichlorian levels It is in their cells.
how do you get that by killing gnolls?
Old 09-24-2017, 09:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is this pre whatever retarded expansion ruined the game. also why play this over the classic SWG emu. thanks for share.
There were more than one game killing patch in SWG. I think the worst one was where Smed decided to try to turn it into WoW. What a disaster.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:03 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There was the Combat Upgrade, which was the beginning of the end, and then the New Game Enhancements, which was the killing blow.

To get Jedi in the early game, as one person explained, you had to master a certain number of professions (And the number you had to do kept increasing as more jedi's were unlocked, making it even harder). Once you were lucky enough to master the last golden profession, you had a character slot unlocked to become a Jedi (So, once again, you're starting over completely). This character was essentially Level 1, no skills or professions, and had the Jedi profession skill trees to start working up. To make it even harder, Jedi's were KoS to all players, and if they ever used their force powers near another player, they were automatically put onto the Bounty Hunter terminals where any BH Profession player could track them down.

The only way to really get a high level Jedi was to have your first character drop a House in the middle of nowhere with low level npc's, giving the Jedi char admin permissions, and level up there, hoping to god no player characters came close enough to get you BH listed.

If you managed to get your jedi high enough undetected then you can maybe get more ballsy since you could defend yourself against a bounty hunter a little better.

Also, Jedi's had permadeath.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-25-2017, 12:13 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good Read: https://www.raphkoster.com/2015/04/16/a-jedi-saga/

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread