Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 05-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Banned

furor and brusco's boastful bellow fell into that category as well

wouldn't expect a PvP novice like syft to know that, though
Old 05-04-2015, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
furor and brusco's boastful bellow fell into that category as well

wouldn't expect a PvP novice like syft to know that, though
No they didn't busco's was resistible by high mr targets as was furor, although it landed better than other cleric nukes it was not unresistable like the pure intelligence based casters low lvl interrupts.

None of this is a secret and was known by every pvper who actually pvp'd during classic, it was like water being wet or sand being dry.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Banned

You keep saying these low level spells were unresistable but when I leveled my wizard in east commons on rallod zek the mobs would resist them sometimes
Old 05-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You keep saying these low level spells were unresistable but when I leveled my wizard in east commons on rallod zek the mobs would resist them sometimes
Yes mobs would, players however did not, Verant had intended these spells to be used to add a dynamic to pvp based around timing spells.

Just like the 66% dmg reduction many spells act differently in regards to mobs then they do players and this was not a mistake.

This is all very common knowledge for that era, and debating it is pretty absurd.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Banned

I hate the anecdotes from classic (especially Rallos) because a) we were 14ish, b) it was 15 years ago, c) an item loot server meaning players did play head2toe costco resist gear

So, when someone from rallos classic says "xx landed 100% of the time"

If it was true the targets were prob 70ish mr versus reds 120 average which is a difference.

And I doubt people were pvping as 50v50s or even 60svs60 for very long if at all Which is a difference.
Last edited by Luniz; 05-05-2015 at 10:21 AM..
Old 05-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luniz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate the anecdotes from classic (especially Rallos) because a) we were 14ish, b) it was 15 years ago, c) an item loot server meaning players did play head2toe costco resist gear

So, when someone from rallos classic says "xx landed 100% of the time"

If it was true the targets were prob 70ish mr versus reds 120 average which is a difference.

And I doubt people were pvping as 50v50s or even 60svs60 for very long if at all Which is a difference.
Sorry bud but Shock of lightning landed 100% of the time in luclin era vs players that had gear your guild would fap over. Never saw Kirban resist a single shock of lightning and his gear was like a luclin magelo wish-list.

Anyone who says different didn't pvp in classic era
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-05-2015 at 11:30 AM..
Old 05-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Fire Giant

Here's direct links given by Grimjaw of a ton of players on classic all stating they use Shock of Lightning as unresistible interrupt in Classic.

In a game that predates goggle that is about as close as you are ever gonna get to proof.

Now if people here are saying the direct opposite of players on live! Then you need to prove it! And show some evidence of someone resisting a shock of lightning pre-luclin era.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

we have the classic spell data for shock of lighting i imagine. cant they just look there? doubt it was unresistable but who knows. people werent geared the way they are here in classic.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 05-08-2015 at 07:39 PM..
Old 05-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we have the classic spell data for shock of lighting i imagine. cant they just look there? doubt it was unresistable but who knows. people werent geared the way they are here in classic.
No they have the pve listing for shock of lightning not the pvp listing for the spell. PVE it was resisted by mobs just like any normal spell. PvP it was an unresistable knock-back used to interrupt.

You suppousingly played Sullon Zek right? Well Kirban never resisted a single shock of lightning, you gonna tell me his gear wasn't leagues better than anybodies here?
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-08-2015 at 08:07 PM..
Old 05-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

kirban was a hacking fa__ot and i didnt play a wizard. so ya im gonna say it wasnt UNresistable. way more people are better geared here than live, that is just a fact. logically, i dont see why the original devs would have made that spell unresistable and not the other shock spells with a knockback.

i read some of the shit you linked. one was a post about a new player getting pked. ofc it landed, he probably had zero mr.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 05-08-2015 at 09:38 PM..