Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

I usually have our enchanters do clarity, rune, haste, dispels, cripple. You literally cut out half of their duties to make your point.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dald's only bias is for classic EQ to be pure and correct in mechanics.

Enchanters are useless outside of the tash/slow/memblur duties of ToV raiding, in fact Daldaen no longer raids here so this post has actually nothing to do with his guild affiliation either.

Daldaen 0% (0/147) 0% (1/405)

one day maybe he will spent his 4K DKP on something who knows
An yet he is a member of your guild hence bias. It doesn't matter I said my piece. Flag those two proccing hatchlings uncharmable and be done with it. Simple as that.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Dead link, dead link, dead link,..
Speculation, rumors, he says she says..

Any site archives? This post isn't even a personal thing so don't make it into one. Please don't flip out on me i'm not saying this isn't a bug.
Quote:
Hrm.
Wayback Machine doesn't have that page archived.
OP's link, links to another p99 thread where 'therune' site is unavailable which has no archive I've seen, 'eqcleric' also unavailable and 'tski.co.jp' patch notes for luclin era eq.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 07-10-2017 at 04:50 PM..
Old 07-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Banned

Only hard evidence it seems is
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...81&postcount=9
This mentions nothing of charming however.

As you say the other links are dead and unable to be waybacked. More research must be done it seems. I will look and I suggest others do so as well. As it stands there is no sufficient evidence that any of them should be flagged charmable.
Last edited by Caiu; 07-10-2017 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: cleaning up train of thought
Old 07-10-2017, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Unless things have changed since I jerked around on beta, the devs know these were charmable in live. The issue being players having access to non-MR slows with npc casting resists being what they were. There's also the lesser issue of starting CoV faction wars with GoV to kill shit.

Charming hatchlings wasn't common practice until Luclin implemented dire charm. Enchanters would cast a normal charm on them, bring them to HoT, junk buff, break charm, and then cast dire charm on them. If you lead with a detrimental spell like tash, you would aggro 30 other hatchlings. If you led with dire charm, you topslotted a 3 hour cool down in a zone where every other npc dispels.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:23 PM
Banned

Then again a simple matter of flagging those two particular hatchlings uncharmable. bump.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless things have changed since I jerked around on beta, the devs know these were charmable in live. The issue being players having access to non-MR slows with npc casting resists being what they were. There's also the lesser issue of starting CoV faction wars with GoV to kill shit.

Charming hatchlings wasn't common practice until Luclin implemented dire charm. Enchanters would cast a normal charm on them, bring them to HoT, junk buff, break charm, and then cast dire charm on them. If you lead with a detrimental spell like tash, you would aggro 30 other hatchlings. If you led with dire charm, you topslotted a 3 hour cool down in a zone where every other npc dispels.
This... but very little in HoT or NToV/WToV dispels. Glimmer Drakes are about the only ones and that's when they elect to cast that spell from the default Druid set.

Largely, on P99 even if this change gets implemented it wouldn't be used because no one currently classicly crawls NToV. But hopefully one day when you must start at Ikatiar/Eashen stairs and work your way up, Enchanters will be able to fill another role of charming by grabbing a hatchling pet and helping their raid with DPS.

I could see some adventurous Enchanters try to single a hatchling out and Charm it into HoT hoping it doesn't break on the way in. But most everyone CoTHs into HoT and doesn't do a normal break on P99, so you couldn't even use the pet until after clearing the front two wurms and two pathers, at which point you probably don't even need the pet to do what you're doing, it would just make the game more fun (and more importantly classic).
Old 07-11-2017, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This... but very little in HoT or NToV/WToV dispels. Glimmer Drakes are about the only ones and that's when they elect to cast that spell from the default Druid set.

Largely, on P99 even if this change gets implemented it wouldn't be used because no one currently classicly crawls NToV. But hopefully one day when you must start at Ikatiar/Eashen stairs and work your way up, Enchanters will be able to fill another role of charming by grabbing a hatchling pet and helping their raid with DPS.

I could see some adventurous Enchanters try to single a hatchling out and Charm it into HoT hoping it doesn't break on the way in. But most everyone CoTHs into HoT and doesn't do a normal break on P99, so you couldn't even use the pet until after clearing the front two wurms and two pathers, at which point you probably don't even need the pet to do what you're doing, it would just make the game more fun (and more importantly classic).
Summon companion is an enchanter usable spell....pet guard, gate/coth and summon

I posted a thread about making these things charmable a long time ago or responded to one. Did find a discussion by dev and how they didn't want to give raids the slow ability of hatchlings. I'd be all for making them charmable though.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Banned

Yes coth doesn't break charm/disperse pets as it should nor should summon companion work on charmed entities. bump for the chanters.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

What Caiu said is correct. CotH should kill pets and summon companion shouldn't work on NPCs that are charmed. Only summoned pets.

But alas, so many things need fixing :/.
Closed Thread