Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

The mechanic attack provides is increasing your average chance for a higher hit. It is easily the most important stat for DPS. You will surely see a measurable difference in dps with just 10 more attack.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have some doubts whether someone with 10 more atk could consistently outdamage someone with 10 less.
I guess more than anything I am impressed he had added this info about iksars and he also brought up the gnome only armor with the haste later that was interesting too.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The mechanic attack provides is increasing your average chance for a higher hit. It is easily the most important stat for DPS. You will surely see a measurable difference in dps with just 10 more attack.
Yeah. 1%. That's an extra 100 damage per 10000.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have some doubts whether someone with 10 more atk could consistently outdamage someone with 10 less.
All things being equal , on a long enough parse , they will naturally of course do more damage. EQ was always about marginal gains otherwise BIS would never have been the big deal it was.

Title of thread should be expanded to Iksar worst race. And we all know Dark Elves make the best warriors.
Last edited by Skew; 07-28-2017 at 03:56 AM..
Old 07-28-2017, 05:06 AM
Fire Giant

If you value ATK so much, you should be wolf formed all the time... its +40, 4 times that difference.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you value ATK so much, you should be wolf formed all the time... its +40, 4 times that difference.
Primal Avatar gives 100 attack and it doesn't stack with wolf form.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

Jimjam wears these gloves, and as he is a strong case study in how not to warrior I'll have to agree with the glove haters.

At least he is consistent; he bitches and whines all the time for wolf form or boon, and even has the surname Dog to inception ad hoc casts.

When the devs leaked the AC calculation that was used prepop/pop era I'm fairly sure it was stated that iksar bonus affected avoidance not mitigation.

I guess it isn't the same here (I do my utmost to avoid raid warrioring) but on live many considered AoW to be unmitigatable. Reason being his attack power far outshone the worn AC that characters could realistically accumulate. Obviously characters here are far better geared than live Velious, but if the same holds even slightly true then this is a huge tick in the box for Iksar should p99 boost their avoidance instead of mitigation, as warriors have a realistic chance of avoiding AoW's attacks even if they have a poor chance to mitigate effectively.

From a non-min max perspective, it is fun for a warrior to get out his blazing armor and pretend he has an iron man suit to throw out fireballs, ds, boost his melee, etc. No iron man suits for iksar.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

60 ikky war here.

Can't confirm. Anything. I just tank shit.

-Draconite
Old 09-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
60 ikky war here.

Can't confirm. Anything. I just tank shit.

-Draconite
Best post
Closed Thread