Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

Default Would you play again?

If there was a server reset? I know it won't happen cus it would mess up what we have going on here. Just curious though.

also just found this on spotify, thought I'd share. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if_vESQKioM
Old 08-26-2017, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

new servers are the best thing about emulators esp when you're talking about old content, it's been awesome since uthgaard did it.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:07 PM
Banned

uthgaard has lost 80% of the pop they had in the first months, and that's a game with teams and safe zones, so it may have even less pvp than red
Old 08-26-2017, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Would be good to see a fresh set of servers open once we reach the end of the timeline here. Starting back day 1 in rags with all the bug fixes and adjustments that have been made over the years would make for great experience I think.

Just need to go all the way though, force first person view because its classic and: (needed on pvp to help keep melee balanced).

And there has to be a way to tie a single account to a single player to a single forum account. Would add much needed accountability in game, on the forums, and deter the RMT. TAKP does something along these lines and works well, though I think they allow three game accounts (well four, if you count the bazaar mule account as one).
Old 08-26-2017, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be good to see a fresh set of servers open once we reach the end of the timeline here. Starting back day 1 in rags with all the bug fixes and adjustments that have been made over the years would make for great experience I think.

Just need to go all the way though, force first person view because its classic and: (needed on pvp to help keep melee balanced).

And there has to be a way to tie a single account to a single player to a single forum account. Would add much needed accountability in game, on the forums, and deter the RMT. TAKP does something along these lines and works well, though I think they allow three game accounts (well four, if you count the bazaar mule account as one).
I agree with arzak for the most part. Id take it a step further and team lock the account on a 3 teamed hard coded sz like server.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Time to read everyone's hard code PvP server rule set.
Again
Old 08-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time to read everyone's hard code PvP server rule set.
Again
Yeah thats what it devolves into. Thats why unfortunately we should just slavishly ape Rallos Zek rule set how it was at the end of timeline (end velious) and be done with it. People know exactly what they are getting into and it goes with the whole lets build a museum theme.

Otherwise, it really just becomes a debate without end.

As far as vallon/sullon, we just will never have the population to separate into hard coded teams.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the ideal would be that all the squad leaders would be coming back and bring their crew/loyalists and fight all over Norrath.

Gongshow/Colgate

Tune/Buhbuh

Beastagor/Slathar

Quil/Murk

Lite/North

Jib/Agatha (also known as the tin foil hat ticket)

Vapo/ that angry dude

Probably it would devolve again into one big group of losers that /ooc s too much, plugs or posts "I am the GOAT" on the forums (that peak autism).

(On that other server, you knw, people took pride in not merging/not growing too big. If its a small squad, people look after each other and main classes benefical to guild progress. that was sweet)
Old 08-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

I'd move thread to resolve as it's clear red is thriving...
Old 08-27-2017, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

I would play for the first month until everyone was 50 and started raiding and then quit