Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 01:17 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Cazador64 Send a message via AIM to Cazador64 Send a message via Yahoo to Cazador64
Default Forget P99 Forget EQ!

SWG Legends server alive and well look it up. Daily avg population sits between 800-1000 people..
Come over and take a look.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2017, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

This belongs in Off Topic sub section.

How many Jedi do they allow on that server?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:35 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2017, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

I played on a different SWG server (Bespin?) and had a lot of fun, but SWG is a very different game. It has its own appeal for sure, but it's no EverCrack.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:52 PM
Kobold

What era of SWG is this?
Old 09-24-2017, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

is this pre whatever retarded expansion ruined the game. also why play this over the classic SWG emu. thanks for share.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

That's why I asked how many Jedi are on it. I was told that there used to be only 1 jedi and 1 sith jedi. Then they changed it so anyone could become a jedi and it made all the other classes kinda less interesting. Well except bounty hunter maybe.

I've never played it but it sounded like it was a pretty decent star wars mmo at the start of it's production.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

there were more than 1 ea but ya they were pretty rare. it was an extremely unpleasant grind to by a Jedi, I think i did 20% of it before saying naw. I had a lot of fun with my wookie bounty hunter though.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there were more than 1 ea but ya they were pretty rare. it was an extremely unpleasant grind to by a Jedi, I think i did 20% of it before saying naw. I had a lot of fun with my wookie bounty hunter though.
Just to explain to any non-SWGers how that worked, imagine that the game is kind of like EQ, except instead of being a level 1 or level 60 warrior you could be a level 30 warrior/level 30 wizard. In other words, you could be any class you wanted, but if you really wanted to be the best in that class you had to put most of your levels into it.

To become a Jedi you had to level to 60 in four (five?) different classes. You could find out the first four if you were rich or lucky enough to acquire a fungi-tunic-level-rarity item called a holochron, but even if you got four of those you still would have no way of knowing what fifth class you needed ... so you basically had to level every class to 60 if you wanted a jedi.

It was insanely difficult ... and a perfect way to keep Jedi properly rare and keep the MMOG world feeling like Star Wars. But then they revamped the game, made Jedi a "normal" class, and everyone left.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to explain to any non-SWGers how that worked, imagine that the game is kind of like EQ, except instead of being a level 1 or level 60 warrior you could be a level 30 warrior/level 30 wizard. In other words, you could be any class you wanted, but to gain a new class you'd have to lose "levels" in the old one.

To become a Jedi you had to level to 60 in four (five?) different classes. You could find out the first four if you were rich or lucky enough to acquire a fungi-tunic-level-rarity item called a holochron, but even if you got four of those you still would have no way of knowing what fifth class you needed ... so you basically had to level every class to 60 if you wanted a jedi.

It was insanely difficult ... and a perfect way to keep Jedi properly rare and keep the MMOG world feeling like Star Wars. But then they revamped the game, made Jedi a "normal" class, and everyone left.

Closed Thread