Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think Luclin models should be an option for Project 1999?
I do not want Luclin models 554 66.75%
I want Luclin models. 276 33.25%
Voters: 830. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Aviak

Morf, that's besides the point. We're already using features that are from other expansions (maps) etc.

It IS exactly about denying people personal freedom of choice. What possible negative thing could result from my screen showing you as a new model? How would you ever know if you didn't have new models turned on?
Old 12-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
We're already using features that are from other expansions (maps) etc.
Ok now this isn't fair. We have no means to disable this, or it would be disabled. If means are found, it will be.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I would love to have the option to turn the models on. It sucks that others don't like them and those that want the option suffer...

Why don't they just keep the old models loaded for themselves? Having the option > no option IMO...
Old 12-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Aviak

Although part of me says that I dont really care what other people see when the y play the game, the other part of me says that if the person cannot play this game without the Luclin models then is classic EQ really that nostalgic for them? Personally I never played Luclin, I quit EQ shortly after Velious came out. From what I understand most of the people who played from launch did not like the Luclin models. This leads me to understand that many of the the people who prefer the Luclin models either A: never played EQ or B: started playing EQ on around or after the time that Luclin came out.

From that crazy short-sighted reasoning that I choose to use I voted that people should not have the option to turn on Luclin models and I wish that the elementals could not be turned on either. When I first logged on and summoned my first pet with my mage I was shocked that the pet looked nothing like what I remembered. I thought it was nice for a while, but I am so much happier now that I have that floating blob of orange mass back instead of the stupid devil-ish thing with horns...
Old 12-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Kobold

if what is said is true (no SoL expansion) then getting them enabled as nil said in another post, would take away from fixing other things... so as you said in the other thread about people being selfish... I see this as a selfish attempt to get them in. Only cause it will take away from other bugs/fix's that are MUCH more important then what you and a hand full of people would Like just for eye candy...
Old 12-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Ok now this isn't fair. We have no means to disable this, or it would be disabled. If means are found, it will be.
Fair enough - character models have no game affect though, maps do. I would agree with their removal if it were to occur.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

Yes, people should be able to customize their visual game experience however they like.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Aviak

We're talking about giving players the option *if they wanted it*. It has zero affects on anyone else. What one person believes to be classic 1999 isn't necessarily another's. Give both options, enable the models. It doesn't hurt anyone and it resolves one more conflict. If you don't like them, turn them off, don't demand the entire world follows your preference.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkn355 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to have the option to turn the models on. It sucks that others don't like them and those that want the option suffer...

Why don't they just keep the old models loaded for themselves? Having the option > no option IMO...
It has nothing to do with making you suffer. It has everything to do with available resources.

I am 100% against dev taking any time at all away from working on needed development for this.

I don't think anyone is against having options, but like other aesthetic things if you want it you develop it.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

That a cosmetic feature might not be worth the opportunity cost is about the best (if not the only) argument against the Luclin models. While we don't know the actual amount of work involved, it's an argument which deserves respect. Perhaps it may be possible for a community member to step up and do the work. I've seen people post code for other issues.

Danth
Closed Thread