Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

I remember mobs losing interest in chasing you across a zone during Kunark - particularly with the Hunter and Forager in TT. I also remember Sarnaks in Chardok acting very strange, like only 3 mobs would engage you in melee range, any more than that would run around erratically. I'm not sure how long that behavior persisted. It might have been during SoV, but certainly before SoL.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTuBrutus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, they wouldn't.

Diagonal running offering a higher speed than straight running is a feature of the EQ game engine. It is fundamental to how the game engine works. It existed on Live just like it does on P99, it is identical.

If you couldn't make it work, that's your problem.

This^

Prime example? Torpor and strafe to be able to move out of melee range.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was being facetious lol
That's butchh's job
Old 02-13-2017, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Good 1
Old 02-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of evidence suggest it did exist in kunark and velious. You probably didn't see this in action without being in a large open outdoor zone with sow.
wtf my memory cant be this bad. I LIVED IN DREADLANDS. Im 100% positive I could agro a mob with bard speed, run from to the entire other side of Dreadlands, and it'd still be on my ass, hell id forget about the mob even being agro'd half the time till I saw it coming full blast for me.

I've drank a lot since Kunark/Velious but there is no way I believe anyone here
Last edited by Tankdan; 02-13-2017 at 01:22 PM..
Old 02-13-2017, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not saying I remember it vividly because I don't

Though I know I rarely hunted in open outdoor zones and it's not like I would stop at a zone line to see if something was still chasing me, lol
Old 02-13-2017, 01:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok. Listen I had my experience with the game in classic I mentioned above. I am currently playing on and older client than the one P99 uses. Strafe running does not gain you an advantage there either. Again I am not going to argue with what other people "remember". I am going off of personal experience for my stance. We don't have to agree.
We do have to agree, its not some Alternative Facts here.

It is a FUNCTION of the GAME ENGINE. Whatever client you are using, the game engine is the same.

Step back and think "why is every other person in this thread saying I'm wrong". Its because you are wrong. Just stop being pig headed about it.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

I don't thin he can be right or wrong heh :P. He's simply saying this is how it is on the server he played/plays on. You are saying this is how it works on the server you played/plays on. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Perhaps it had to do with individual mob mobility speed differences? For instance tigers vs succulents in OT. Really just a theory though, I know that I've had times where I'll be strafing and still getting hit and other times where I don't even see the mob. /shrug.

Good changes, looking forward to see how people adapt to the changes
Old 02-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Orc

***Implemented class specific level based weapon damage caps. Thanks Demonstar55 from EQEmu.***

is this a nerf or buff to epics and weapons like axe of the slayers(war only), Swarmcaller (rng only)
Old 02-13-2017, 01:49 PM
Orc

Thank you guys for the amazing service you provide! *sends love to p99 staff*
Closed Thread