Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle
Default Box/Emu Moments

I was contemplating on EQ and how 2007 was 7 years ago, seems like just yesterday I wasn't giving a fuck. My favorite EQ memory is listening to 80s pop while leveling/pvping on VZTZ, and having AIM confessionals with Kimmy as I sorted out my life with a welcome ear. I remember PKing Kimmie and feeling bad about looting her druids GEBs or whatever the fuck I looted. I realized she was a real girl and it was the first time I ever gave a pixel back. We were fast friends after that.

I can honestly say I've made many friends and respected acquaintances in the 7 or 8 years I've been on emu, I've gone through some dark fucking times, but I look back on those times with a measure of regret, and a healthy dose of nostalgia. You see friends of pixel quest, I miss the freedom afforded of no-life, working a dead end job when ur 19 years old because you dropped out of college because you threw away a scholarship on a field you realized you didn't give a fuck about. I tossed away a lot of opportunities, but I don't regret getting vacuumed into garage box. The hours drained away back then were not to be hidden, less people bragged about who they were fucking or how much money they were making back then. Nowadays, Everquest PVP is about real money trade, and how pixels don't matter to you, they just supplement your life. At it's core, Nizzar is an ugly depiction of when Real Life invades everquest, a happy escape has become a pathetic reality.

I have recently begun playing Everquest again, with minor celebrity appearances such as when Gyno had me wreck most of the Rogue competition on a halfling in the BoulderQuest BOTB on red99. I remember that feeling, coming back to the spotlight, and after a few brief months I not only realized that things had changed, but that the joy and opportunities to escape RL were no longer as promising. I am mostly alone on Salty box, with Gold and a few other folks trying to get some everquest satisfaction, because it sure as fuck isn't to be found in the barnum and bailey act happening here on red 99.

You see friends I have become more and more that which I did not wish to become. Work, Money, and Girlfriend are now my priorities in life. Making rent and planning trips to places to go, thinking of ways to advance in career, it's all sickening.

I realize the real reason I've come here. I wanted to let you know you're all a bunch of big pussies. You're all ingrained into a real life society within Everquest. You abide by real money trade, and use it to fight your pixel wars, because the biggest PVP on the box happens when you faggots guild hop. Or victory comes in farming loot and selling it for cash on paypal.

I will remember my lifer status on garagebox with great joy, I am disgusted with those of you who will recall the fall of wheelchair Nizzar as your day of glory on this box, for there is no PVP video to spread your legend. Suck that dick https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ZuKWWv0q0 and that nutsack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZLJRDVVdsI Always got big ballsack jousting and main assist skills even if I never play another minute of this game
Last edited by Knuckle; 09-04-2014 at 12:07 AM..
Old 09-04-2014, 12:09 AM
Banned

hey knuckpal
Old 09-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You see friends I have become more and more that which I did not wish to become. Work, Money, and Girlfriend are now my priorities in life. Making rent and planning trips to places to go, thinking of ways to advance in career, it's all sickening.

People who have to say this out loud to others, remind me of Elderan bragging about how much money he has and how much he spends on this and that. No one cares...if you cant balance your real life with internet, you have more issues then time magazine.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who have to say this out loud to others, remind me of Elderan bragging about how much money he has and how much he spends on this and that. No one cares...if you cant balance your real life with internet, you have more issues then time magazine.
It's not to brag you fuck. I'm reminiscing and you focus on my timeline shift, which serves to illustrate my evolution as a human into a drone of the machine, cleverly played as dry wit by downplaying 'normal' human behavior with a sense of resignation.

Ps hi Cwall, I pray the grandmaster is well
Old 09-04-2014, 01:42 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are a moron, if you had any intelligence you would realize that he says he doesn't give a fuck about a trash elf sim, because he would rather do other shit.

All you are doing is making stupid justifications for why it is ok for your dumb ass to be 38 playing an elf simulator while all your bills are past due and you are still banging out that fleshlight you bought 6 years ago.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:50 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Sarnak

good post
Old 09-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

pras knuckle
Old 09-04-2014, 09:43 AM
Banned

This post seems about a week late
Old 09-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

I remember talking knuckle through dark times as he threw up in his bathtub from too much sailor Jerry's and ate saltine crackers.

Love u buddy