Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

Default Staff - Players - TMO, a Treatise on the Future of the Server

The server seems to be getting healthier, and if we want it to continue to do so until Velious hits then certain trends need to keep happening.

The staff as always are very much appreciated, they work for free and have given us classic Everquest. Ambrotos has been awesome clearing up the forums lately, not too mention his trivia events. Amelinda is helpful and super nice as always. Nilbog seems admirably dedicated to his goal of recreating classic EQ through to Velious, and Rogean and the other devs/staff rock as always for contributing to the project. All we can do is hope they continue to support and love the server, and contribute in any way we can.

The players lately seem to have been in a more cooperative and helpful mood as well. It's great to see guilds coming together for joint raids. The distinct lack of rofl-stomping, cuthroat raiding and flaming on the raid scene is nothing but good for the server. And that brings me to my final concern.

TMO. Good guild with great leadership and many great people. Some members are far too loud and aggressive, yes, but they do not constitute the whole. TMO is in a unique position to be the guild TR should have been. TMO was semi casual once, and they have a much better disposition towards less hardcore guilds than IB/TR did. I sincerely believe they will be they deciding factor regarding where this server ends up throughout the year; they have no real competition anymore. I truly hope that when the current raid suspension ends, they will act in the servers best interests as well as their own. You guys earned the top spot on the server, but please think of the whole as you go forward.

Anyways just some thoughts I had after I came back recently. If recent trends continue I imagine i'll be playing here until well after Velious, as will the friends I came back to play with.

Cheers!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Aviak

You want mobs and loots that you don't have to compete for. You bury it in a lot of other "nice sounding" stuff, why not just bluntly say what you actually want.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Banned

This server is honestly too small to have two raid guilds.

If one guild becomes dominate the other raid guild dies.

If you want to raid join TMO

if you want to be casual then join BDA

There is no Semi casual when the casual guild tries to takes TMOs raid mobs TMO will race and beat you.

There can no longer be competition because all the good players are in TMO now and the other set of good players left.

it's not hard to understand.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

zerg force =/= good
Old 06-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is no Semi casual when the casual guild tries to takes TMOs raid mobs TMO will race and beat you.

There can no longer be competition because all the good players are in TMO now and the other set of good players left.

Several guilds have good players. I think the only thing that TMO has up on other guilds is the amount of poopsockers. Saying that TMO is the only guild with good players is just stupid.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TMO is the only guild with good players.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

I'm hurt and offended, bro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] </3

lol
Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So if I understand this correctly from your point of view, if you want a raid mob, either join TMO, or find another server. Did I get that right? Might save some people some time.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm hurt and offended, bro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] </3

lol
Div has alot of good people too@!
Bunn - 54 Cleric
Old 06-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lol
yeah, that guy is an ass.
Closed Thread