Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Default prospective velius launch date

Does anyone have a time line for launch of Velius? Obviously no one knows for certain, but I just jumped back in the game from quite a long break, and I want to play my Bard or Paladin, but I remember the hybrid penalty being an absolute joy kill. If Velius is coming soon, I'll just push through, if not, I'd rather just play something else. Let me know, and thanks guys!

Asher
Old 02-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome back man long time no see; pm sent.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone have a time line for launch of Velius? Obviously no one knows for certain, but I just jumped back in the game from quite a long break, and I want to play my Bard or Paladin, but I remember the hybrid penalty being an absolute joy kill. If Velius is coming soon, I'll just push through, if not, I'd rather just play something else. Let me know, and thanks guys!
quit being a pussy
Old 02-11-2014, 04:04 PM
The Protector of Sunder

Hybrid penalty goes away during velious.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hybrid penalty goes away during velious.
is it suppose to go away at Veilous launch or at some point into it? What about racial penalties?
Old 02-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Racial penalties (at least on classic) stick around.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

The class experience penalties don't get removed until several months after Velious launches, assuming P1999 sticks to the historic time frame. Racial penalties remain, and are changed to self-only instead of shared across the group like current penalties are.

Danth
Old 02-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Swish knows. Ask him.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The class experience penalties don't get removed until several months after Velious launches, assuming P1999 sticks to the historic time frame. Racial penalties remain, and are changed to self-only instead of shared across the group like current penalties are.

Danth
43 days after Velious launched was when the patch occurred to remove class penalties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/edit...rs_letter.html

Letter from 1/14/2001

Velious was released 12/5/2000. So 40 days after Velious release Sony says they are removing the penalties.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010117.html
1/17/2001 the patch note, pointing to this letter. So 43 days after Velious release, Sony effectively removes the penalty (the mechanics are a bit more complicated then just removing).

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 02-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
43 days after Velious launched was when the patch occurred to remove class penalties.
That equates to about 8 months on here. Oh well. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread