Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 08:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Lawlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft 2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll give a shit about your opinion when you actually understand the game, watching a video and playing are two totally different things.

Game is all skill based gotta time your CC's, Breaks, and Spell Combo's, anyone who comes in here thinking it's just WoW button mashing is in for a surprise.
Well I've been talking to my old guild leader in Darkfall and he says there is basically 10 abilities (all of which he showed me including cooldowns which take about 1 to 15 IQ to operate properly), and none of which take even the slightest amount of skill or brains to use. Hes been playing alpha for quite some time too, knows a lot about the game and always nerds out on any game with some world pvp. Your idea of skill is almost as big of a joke as your fanboy hard on for this game (OF COURSE before it is released). I've played almost every MMO since EQ past 2001 (mostly all pvp), played competitive cal-i in CS when it meant something (scrim'd top tier teams who won 100k tournaments), and no MMO has taken skill to play at all. In fact, id say most games don't take any skill, it is all about time investment and practice in anything that has the illusion of skill. Darkfall had some of the most "skilled" combat i've seen or played, you had to actually aim stuff, this game you aim absolutely nothing, you spam 1-5 and manage cooldowns any retard who has played any MMO can do. Not saying darkfall is a bench mark for skill, but talking to him he said this game doesn't even come close to comparing to the skill level. So no I haven't bought a game to play in its alpha (clear money grab, the devs dont even know what to do with the NA version), but I have talked to many people who have been playing since NA alpha started, watched hours and hours of streams, and asked a ton of comparative questions about Arch vs other games. This is typically why I never come onto forums of any game I play (unless looking for something specific), so many horrible scrubs like you professing their skills when in reality you are the gutter bottom. Just look at all your butt hurt responses on this thread alone, anything from saying WoW arena takes no skill (with no armory link to prove you aren't a 1500 baddie rager), saying Arch is SOOO much different because of xyz (all bullshit), or just lashing out at anyone who says anything bad about your Korean wet dream. The game is in every way a button masher, in fact the only thing separating it is how you get to that point (it has some cool pve elements, some good world pvp elements, ship fights, gliding, a fun style), but the actual combat vs players takes less skill then WoW does, which says more then I ever could. When it comes out I give it 2 months until people realize it takes little skill, and everyone is just FOTM builds.
Proof is that all the no-skilled asshat guilds of every other mmo are already on the ALPHA griefing people. That is all the game is, grief pvp. So sure have fun no skilling others while stroking it thinking your the best, but remember winning the Olympics for tards only makes you lead tard.

Not to mention you are on a game that is 15 years old, on the forums of the emu of that game, and talking about how good some game that isn't even out yet is. What a joke. Your basically the equivelant to a 15 yr old fat rager who doesn't even interact with females. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Won't even be reading or checking for a response, have fun in that Korean game bro, I bet you fit in well with their genital size.
Last edited by Paradopx; 08-19-2014 at 08:49 PM..
Old 08-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft 2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll give a shit about your opinion when you actually understand the game, watching a video and playing are two totally different things.

Game is all skill based gotta time your CC's, Breaks, and Spell Combo's, anyone who comes in here thinking it's just WoW button mashing is in for a surprise.
O.o
Old 08-20-2014, 07:57 PM
Sarnak

Default I.S.I.S is recruiting

I.S.I.S is recruiting......gamers not terrorists.International Syndicate of Independent Swashbucklers......pm me if your on the Aranzab server and wanna commit some acts of terror.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradopx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I've been talking to my old guild leader in Darkfall and he says there is basically 10 abilities (all of which he showed me including cooldowns which take about 1 to 15 IQ to operate properly), and none of which take even the slightest amount of skill or brains to use. Hes been playing alpha for quite some time too, knows a lot about the game and always nerds out on any game with some world pvp. Your idea of skill is almost as big of a joke as your fanboy hard on for this game (OF COURSE before it is released). I've played almost every MMO since EQ past 2001 (mostly all pvp), played competitive cal-i in CS when it meant something (scrim'd top tier teams who won 100k tournaments), and no MMO has taken skill to play at all. In fact, id say most games don't take any skill, it is all about time investment and practice in anything that has the illusion of skill. Darkfall had some of the most "skilled" combat i've seen or played, you had to actually aim stuff, this game you aim absolutely nothing, you spam 1-5 and manage cooldowns any retard who has played any MMO can do. Not saying darkfall is a bench mark for skill, but talking to him he said this game doesn't even come close to comparing to the skill level. So no I haven't bought a game to play in its alpha (clear money grab, the devs dont even know what to do with the NA version), but I have talked to many people who have been playing since NA alpha started, watched hours and hours of streams, and asked a ton of comparative questions about Arch vs other games. This is typically why I never come onto forums of any game I play (unless looking for something specific), so many horrible scrubs like you professing their skills when in reality you are the gutter bottom. Just look at all your butt hurt responses on this thread alone, anything from saying WoW arena takes no skill (with no armory link to prove you aren't a 1500 baddie rager), saying Arch is SOOO much different because of xyz (all bullshit), or just lashing out at anyone who says anything bad about your Korean wet dream. The game is in every way a button masher, in fact the only thing separating it is how you get to that point (it has some cool pve elements, some good world pvp elements, ship fights, gliding, a fun style), but the actual combat vs players takes less skill then WoW does, which says more then I ever could. When it comes out I give it 2 months until people realize it takes little skill, and everyone is just FOTM builds.
Proof is that all the no-skilled asshat guilds of every other mmo are already on the ALPHA griefing people. That is all the game is, grief pvp. So sure have fun no skilling others while stroking it thinking your the best, but remember winning the Olympics for tards only makes you lead tard.

Not to mention you are on a game that is 15 years old, on the forums of the emu of that game, and talking about how good some game that isn't even out yet is. What a joke. Your basically the equivelant to a 15 yr old fat rager who doesn't even interact with females. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Won't even be reading or checking for a response, have fun in that Korean game bro, I bet you fit in well with their genital size.
That's a lot of shit def couldn't even struggle thru it......I did like the aiming in darkfall....the game was a lot of fun for awhile,but archeage is just something new to try and its free......play it or not some of the mass pvp was fun......yeah its a buttonmasher a really really pretty one with things turned up on high....I think its a necessary evil sorta speak for future mmos with the open world/ship battles so take from it what you will....
Old 08-20-2014, 11:10 PM
Banned

game is too much like wow for me, i turned it off after lvl 20. nothing about it makes me want to continue to play. wish it wasnt so. maybe somehow on launch i can get to end game
Old 08-21-2014, 01:42 AM
Kobold

This game is super sick with a huge amount of freedom. Just the ocean alone is the ultimate sandbox. Team ganking? Hell yeah! Lowbie Camping? Yup!!!! Destroying neckbeards property? Forrrr suuurrrreeee!!! Player jury trials against public enemys? Yupppp.

Can you imagine putting nihilum on pixel trial? On Archeage you can.

Neckbeards need not apply, this game is for og rallos zek crew with real lives to attend to in between pixels

I can see why neckbeard patrons of a 15 year old elf simulator would reject this type of game. Heavily competitive.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:52 AM
Banned

rejecting it because it's garbage until 50
Old 08-21-2014, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsonite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This game is super sick with a huge amount of freedom. Just the ocean alone is the ultimate sandbox. Team ganking? Hell yeah! Lowbie Camping? Yup!!!! Destroying neckbeards property? Forrrr suuurrrreeee!!! Player jury trials against public enemys? Yupppp.

Can you imagine putting nihilum on pixel trial? On Archeage you can.

Neckbeards need not apply, this game is for og rallos zek crew with real lives to attend to in between pixels

I can see why neckbeard patrons of a 15 year old elf simulator would reject this type of game. Heavily competitive.
Wait, so neckbeards reject competition?

In your world do runners reject races and fat people reject the buffet?
Old 08-21-2014, 03:13 AM
Fire Giant

if i wanted to sail the high seas and build things i'd do them irl
Old 08-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Banned

I don't doubt its awesome later on, but right now up to level 20 its been boring as fuck theme-park wow clone. Someone play this alpha account and get my guy to lvl 50.
Closed Thread