Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 09:15 PM
Sarnak

Why all the confusion over low population on an EQ PVP server? Historically, PVP servers have always been lower population than blue servers, even during EverQuest's prime.

Remember this...EQ live had like 40 blue servers... and only 4 PVP servers. Each PVP server individually averaged a lower population than an individual blue server. Therefore it can safely be assumed that the TOTAL population for Rallos, Sullon, Vallon & Tallon combined was not even 10% of the total subscriber base.

Why would anyone think that Red99 would be any different? It is an emulated version of a 15 year old game for fcks sake. According to the numbers, we are already doing as well as we ever will. We are 10% of the blue server's population.

The real question is...what is so unappealing about EverQuest PVP that drives so many people away? Why is it that only 10% of the population have ever invested time into these servers?

Forget about schemes to entice more people to make the switch from blue to red...instead, enhance PVP for the players which are already here. Get rid of the PnP and other bluebie rules... let players police themselves. Fix resist code, add item loot, remove NO-DROP, whatever is needed. Do what is in the best interest of PVPers, not bluebies. PVPers will eventually come to the server, knowing full well what is in store for them.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

Not that I disagree with the push to remove rule breakers, but on a pvp server the pnp seemed to reduce the amount of pvp. Clean up the rule breakers and remove the PnP and maybe you'll be on to something.

Maybe players now just see Red as a quasi blue server with the very occasional pvp encounter, maybe its due to PnP? dunno but it seemed like there was more pvp prior.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its a little bit to late for absolutes now, after a wipe or a new box make absolute rules prior to opening the box and keep your word to them, can't do it now when box is dead and 3 years old full of scumbags who got there by being just that, scumbags
Old 08-22-2014, 12:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is exactly what I did with my fungi/CoF/etc twink.

Unfortunately I was bumrushed on multiple occasions by legit bronze wearing newbs for some reason. Maybe they just wanted some PVP I dunno. I never attack first as it is well known I am adverse to all player vs player conflicts and attempt diplomatic resolution when possible. But I gotta defend myself and kill those blue con leather wearing rogues in like 3 swings ya know?
I think the only time I ever griefed ACTUAL new players to red on a twinked alt was when Vaporize and I destroyed like 4 blue players who were trying to exp in Unrest. Vapo had 2 lvl 25-30 SK's parked there for insta HTs and I had my 30 SK. The only reason we kept killing them was because they just started talking constant shit about red, and how immature everyone on red was despite the fact after one kill each they had a good 20 mins we gave them to call LNS but they insisted on repeatedly dying at their bind point over and over while crying how bad red is and that they were going back to their awesome blue server to kill dragons we would never see on red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I don't remember offhand what guild on blue they were from, one of the top 3 blue guilds iirc. One GM sat there watching the entire thing and even agreed with what we did after how poorly they reacted to being pk'd for the first time. Most of the time other GM's like Sirken etc don't like when people do it.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its a little bit to late for absolutes now, after a wipe or a new box make absolute rules prior to opening the box and keep your word to them, can't do it now when box is dead and 3 years old full of scumbags who got there by being just that, scumbags
p: wipe is cleanly
p: cleanliness is godliness
c: wipe = god
Old 08-22-2014, 04:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the only time I ever griefed ACTUAL new players to red on a twinked alt was when Vaporize and I destroyed like 4 blue players who were trying to exp in Unrest. Vapo had 2 lvl 25-30 SK's parked there for insta HTs and I had my 30 SK. The only reason we kept killing them was because they just started talking constant shit about red, and how immature everyone on red was despite the fact after one kill each they had a good 20 mins we gave them to call LNS but they insisted on repeatedly dying at their bind point over and over while crying how bad red is and that they were going back to their awesome blue server to kill dragons we would never see on red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I don't remember offhand what guild on blue they were from, one of the top 3 blue guilds iirc. One GM sat there watching the entire thing and even agreed with what we did after how poorly they reacted to being pk'd for the first time. Most of the time other GM's like Sirken etc don't like when people do it.

Way to tell everyone you guys box
Old 08-22-2014, 05:00 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Long and short reason for turnover:

-Game is super topheavy, no groups for mid-levels many times

-If you try to group in Unrest/MM during peak hours you are griefed to hell. (Congratulations on having a fungi and having every twink item under the sun, and have to take on level 30's because you can't take on someone on par with your own gear...)

-You basically solo from 1-50, then you get run over by the top 1%, while being un-guilded. Sure we can join a random small guild, and still get steamrolled. Or join a zerg, and just be a number, and have a target painted on your back.

-Wipe won't do anything, it'll be back in the same situation after a month, or a few months.

-Teams will give the middle-end players a bit more safety, as you have a bunch of other players on your faction to defend you, but the leveling will still be painful.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:13 AM
Banned

I want to thank whoever made this possible it really is a great direction for this server .. Let the pvp begin

Red99 trimming the fat one at a time

Pras gms for doing what is right

Pras Heartbrand for sealing the deal

Let the games begin
Old 08-22-2014, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

hold the prases until you realize 99% of nihilium is now known as holocaust
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:35 AM
Banned

Smedy bro good time to come back