Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 05:54 AM
Banned

Default Did the staff just threaten to shut down Dead99?

Some interesting comments from Derubael on the stream:

"You guys can't afford to be dicks cause you just don't have enough of a market for your server to be assholes to each other. Nothing's changed, if anything it's gotten worse. I don't think it's a problem that's going to get fixed unless the community takes a long hard look at themselves and says we need to fix this."

And then he makes this ominous pronouncement:

"We put a lot of time and effort on red and I feel like it might just get wasted if they don't shape up."
Old 08-26-2014, 06:02 AM
Fire Giant

hinting at a wipe imo
Old 08-26-2014, 06:05 AM
Kobold

you should rename your forum tag to Alex Jones, I mean seriously anything can be taken out of context....Your trolling
Old 08-26-2014, 06:21 AM
Fire Giant

Turning red into new blue. Instant 600 more pop.
Last edited by Rec; 08-26-2014 at 06:46 AM..
Old 08-26-2014, 06:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you should rename your forum tag to Alex Jones, I mean seriously anything can be taken out of context....Your trolling
My post asks a question, it does not draw any conclusions. Good effort though.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:29 AM
Banned

intradasting
what do we need to do to ensure this?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some interesting comments from Derubael on the stream:

"You guys can't afford to be dicks cause you just don't have enough of a market for your server to be assholes to each other. Nothing's changed, if anything it's gotten worse. I don't think it's a problem that's going to get fixed unless the community takes a long hard look at themselves and says we need to fix this."

And then he makes this ominous pronouncement:

"We put a lot of time and effort on red and I feel like it might just get wasted if they don't shape up."
Thats how I interpreted it as well. I suspect there aren't many people here that donate to keep the server up. Many of the people that play here generally don't have much money and the ones that do have started putting their money towards other games (or weed/booze).

Aaaanyways... whatever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2014, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

purp99 dude! race wars ftw!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:47 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael
Server isn't going anywhere and neither am I. I didn't mean to freak anyone out.

I think that's the first time I've really expressed my frustration publicly, and I should have kept it to myself. The majority of the time the Red community is great - but there are times when it really tests my (and my colleagues) patience.

Still not going anywhere and neither is the box. And the large majority of players here are great. Don't take my comments on last nights stream to be anything but me venting frustration to friends (monday night stream is, at it's core, about hanging with our pals from the community - both in the call and in the stream chat)
there u go
Old 08-26-2014, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

You got rid of the cancer pras Derubael, even though it musta been hard/tiring dealing with all the scum.
Closed Thread