Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Default Where does Spirit of the Howler drop?

I'd like to farm this (ideally solo) on my 55 sham. Skyfire named cycle the only real option? Any other options?
Old 02-23-2016, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Most zones that drop 54-59 spells revolve around grouping.

You'd probably (at least I did) get this spell fastest by farming pp and buying it rather than trying to camp the drop solo.

It's totally worth getting. The 55 shaman pet spell summons a pet with quite a bit more hp and a much higher average summon level than the one preceding it. Max summon hits for 52. If you have bothered to camp/buy/quest a mage item with inventory pet reclaim, it's not a bother to summon even at 850 mana a pop, and in a pinch you can use the pet for both dps and a quick emergency "oh shit" 850 mana reclaim. A max or max-1 summon that hits for 52 and 51 respectively will also tank and soak damage comparably to a well geared monk once buffed. Give it ac and agi and it tanks quite well ... with a passive regen of 30/tick.

My only gripe is that without epic it can be hard to use it as a tank efficiently while simultaneously out-damaging it (it will do ~20dps buffed/hasted) so it doesn't eat 50% xp.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Kobold

Got mine in Sebils crypt off of Hierophant Prime Grekal. I'm sure any of the crypt named can drop it.

Can't be soloed at 55 but crypt is good xp and loot. Get a group!
Old 02-23-2016, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

I've seen this drop at Chef camp in Sebilis.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

juggs is your best bet if you have a solid group.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most zones that drop 54-59 spells revolve around grouping.

You'd probably (at least I did) get this spell fastest by farming pp and buying it rather than trying to camp the drop solo.

It's totally worth getting. The 55 shaman pet spell summons a pet with quite a bit more hp and a much higher average summon level than the one preceding it. Max summon hits for 52. If you have bothered to camp/buy/quest a mage item with inventory pet reclaim, it's not a bother to summon even at 850 mana a pop, and in a pinch you can use the pet for both dps and a quick emergency "oh shit" 850 mana reclaim. A max or max-1 summon that hits for 52 and 51 respectively will also tank and soak damage comparably to a well geared monk once buffed. Give it ac and agi and it tanks quite well ... with a passive regen of 30/tick.

My only gripe is that without epic it can be hard to use it as a tank efficiently while simultaneously out-damaging it (it will do ~20dps buffed/hasted) so it doesn't eat 50% xp.
Yah I have the clicky reclaim. Doing this on red, so it's not up for sale all that often.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

I've seen it off guardian wurms in skyfire but those are level 60 mobs. Also seen it off juggs in trak lair. The reason it's so expensive isn't because it's impossible for a shaman to solo for it as it is that it's one of the rarer lvl 55 spells and very good so it's in high demand.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Does it not drop off the Skyfire named cycles? It did on live.
Closed Thread